First Car - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
^ I'm sure mommy and daddy are behind it lop
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove themselves to be liars or idiots. If the kid is, in fact, telling the truth, why discourage him for taking initiative on his own.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Truly can't believe some of you people posting? Haters... not all but really. The kid is 18 and who cares how he is getting it. I do tend to agree with grabbermeblue that I give benefit of the doubt, but either way. Many posting in here just seem jealous and petty.

Dude, enjoy your new car for what its worth I am 39 and a father of three. Be safe and have fun. Seems like you might well have a good head on your shoulders. Kids and computers can go a long way! My 14 yr old is starting to work on some video and sound editing and has got (with parents help) some hardware and software to do this. You guys know your tech and have a real entrepreneurial attitude. Keep it up. The only limit to your accomplishments is the one you set.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post

Of course they are, unless he has 30k+ in his bank account from his "websites" just ready to be spent then he is going to need a loan and him being only 16 I doubt he can get one. So I hope he makes enough to cover his car payments and car insurance and gas and etc... Not trying to hate on the kid but let's all be serious for you to say your paying for everything is just not comprehendible.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:30 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Truly can't believe some of you people posting? Haters... not all but really. The kid is 18 and who cares how he is getting it. I do tend to agree with grabbermeblue that I give benefit of the doubt, but either way. Many posting in here just seem jealous and petty.

I think it's more the fact that he claims he pays for it on his own when there is simply no way in hell. Lol he's 16, male, just started driving, insurance ALONE should be astronomical. Let alone the $30,000+ price tag on the car itself. Unless he's a drug dealer....there's no way anyone is paying a 16yo enough money. If he could just admit that, and not front about it, it'd be cool with me. An old acquaintance just had his parents buy him a 2014 Stingray. He doesn't pay a cent of his own money for it. If that were me, I'd feel guilty as hell...like I don't deserve it. But kids who are born into that don't know any different.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:37 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

it really is hard to believe he could pay for all that, i dont tend to believe everything i read online. regardless makes no difference to me.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
In this case, the OP is doing computer programming and website development to earn his own money. I give him a thumbs up for taking responsibility at an early age. Many (not all) kids don't want to work at all.
i was mostly talking in general, not directly towards OP
Old 04-10-2014, 03:53 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Ya plus if I buy it with my own money no one can ever say it's theirs and hold it over my head . 25 never had my parents buy me anything big toy wise or never have me a dollar for a car and I'm proud of that . Poor mustang lol
Old 04-10-2014, 03:53 PM   #44

I see what you mean. It is kinda hard to believe someone my age could make money like that. My own mom didn't believe I could do it at first. Then I knew that I had to prove her wrong.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Aphex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Ya at 16 no bank will loan you money lol hello cosigner = mommy
Old 04-10-2014, 03:59 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

First Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphex View Post
I see what you mean. It is kinda hard to believe someone my age could make money like that. My own mom didn't believe I could do it at first. Then I knew that I had to prove her wrong.

I'm sorry kid but there is no way you made that much money you can afford to buy that car by yourself. You would literally have to walk into a dealership and buy the car out right and have all the money on you day of purchase, 30k+ then you would need to pay the down payment on your insurance which will be a lot and then keep up with the payment of insurance and gas. I usually am the last person to get all picky at some one getting a nice first car but when they try to claim it's all theres is bull****. Give your parents some credit they deserve it.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:49 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I guess. What a lot of people don't realize here is that while you may pay for your car, gas, and insurance, you don't have any other expenses to speak of. You're still a dependent so you live under your parents' roof, eat their food, etc. Hell, if that's all I had to pay for and I didn't have any damn college loans, I'd have bought a GT too! Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
Old 04-10-2014, 07:27 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Time for Dinner ????

ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:32 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
I guess. What a lot of people don't realize here is that while you may pay for your car, gas, and insurance, you don't have any other expenses to speak of. You're still a dependent so you live under your parents' roof, eat their food, etc. Hell, if that's all I had to pay for and I didn't have any damn college loans, I'd have bought a GT too! Lol
I worked 2 jobs when I was 17, and also sold hobby items mail order (70s no internet). My dad still covered insurance but I paid every other thing myself but did live at home so no bills at all. I started on a Chevy Biscayne beater with a 350 small block. I learned I was not indestructible in that tank first. Then I was able to buy 2nd hand 72 torinos, second hand challengers and Sebring Pluses; but no way I could even afford a second hand Hemi, Mach 1, or other GT type that would be the equivalent of today's 2014 GT Coyote. And my dad would have not paid the insurance cause back in the 70s, the word road runner made under 30 age insurance cost more then the car payments. (Sebring Plus was an insurance sleeper made on purpose for that reason, as road runners were deal killers)

Buy the way, I upgraded to my 2013 GT from the V6, and I have not done a fully WOT pass thru the manual gears yet. I am waiting to try it on a safe track, it already has so much torque you can wrap it around a pole if not careful and I am in my 50s.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:46 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

To the OP, Borla makes some of the best exhaust and the price reflects it. If as you say you have money, buy the best and dont waste the money you will if you buy cheap and then have to by something else latter.

I had Borla S-types on my V6 and it sounded better than the stock GTs, by what GT owners told me. The Borla ATAKs are loader and now that I have a GT I am putting them on tomorrow. (box sitting on living room floor right now).

Borla has deep rich sound, but expensive computer modeling and real live track testing to remove the drone that loud but cheap mufflers all have. Quieter when needed, but loud when wanted.

They come in 3 flavors of sound:
Touring (Kali Legal)
Sport (Good deep sound without drone)
ATAKs (Gnarly aggressive deep rumble and Gnarly sound, but without excessive drone)
Old 04-10-2014, 08:22 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
In this case, the OP is doing computer programming and website development to earn his own money. I give him a thumbs up for taking responsibility at an early age. Many (not all) kids don't want to work at all.
agreed.

Now about the exhaust, I tried several, on many sports cars, and I recommend you look at Borla ehaust systems. They are not the cheapest, but they are successfully tuned for both sound and also performance (I tested that with dyno). Very nice sound, performance increased.
*previous 1990 Taurus SHO 3L Yamaha Shogun
*previous : life was boring !
UP North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:25 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Can you elaborate more on your monthly intake money wise vs your spendings?

Let's say you put a down payment down of $3k and you got the car for $30k, can't forget taxes and other fees, for a six year loan. $27k over six years is $375 a month. The. You have insurance which is (I'll go cheap) $100 a month, and then gas, maybe another $80-$100 a month. That's a lot of dollas a month.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #53

Not really comfortable discussing my earnings, but I could afford what you just listed.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

So when are you getting the car?
Old 04-10-2014, 08:43 PM   #55

I probably should have started this thread when I got it. I plan on getting it in July or August. I just wanted to get suggestions from people though. I could get it now, but I decided to wait a little longer.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:46 PM   #56

Another reason for buying later is because I wanted to get all of the stuff from American Muscle at the same time.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:48 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

375 is with 0 intrest lol I pay that on 5% with like 22-23k loan lol
Old 04-10-2014, 08:50 PM   #58

I forgot to mention that this is going to be a project car for me. I plan on doing a batman theme.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:59 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Then it would be a black automatic convertible GT, with sexy sounds, and great looks, as the main focus right ?

Take a long look at really exceptionnal wheels !

looking forward to see pics.
*previous 1990 Taurus SHO 3L Yamaha Shogun
*previous : life was boring !
UP North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:10 PM   #60

No, a manual coupe. I'm thinking about going with matte black stripes. I honestly hate convertibles.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:26 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

So you haven't given the 2015 any thought? I mean if you wanna wait until August...
Old 04-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #62

I don't like the exterior of the 2015.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't like the exterior of the 2015.

By that time in the year, your choices of 2014s will be rarer and higher priced. Based on the near past most Model years of Mustangs were being made by around March to July of the previous year. For example my 2013 V6 was made in 3-2012 and I bought it in July 2012. Most all 2012 models were all long gone at that time.

Why could they be higher priced? Well for the same reason I forced my own upgrade to a GT, the 2013-2014 style will be almost all long gone for those that really want that. Supply/Demand is basic Entrepreneur knowledge.

Man I really need some dinner tonight...
Old 04-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
First Car

I'm surprised your parents are letting you get a car with this much power at your age. It really bothers me. A 16 year olds first car should be a bumper car. Not some brand new sports car. It's going to get dinged and have gender benders. There is no denying it. Too many kids where I am from are spoiled and their parents spend way too much on them. One kid was given a brand new Ferrari. He then was doing 100+ mph on a 35mph street. He totaled the car and died. Way to go parents. You spoiled and killed your. In my opinion, it is better to work your way up from a lower hp car to a higher one. This will also make you appreciate your higher hp cars more, and at that time you will have more experience and know how to take care of a car better and drive safer. Lastly, if you are looking at a 2014, save the trouble and go with a 2015. You get better internals, independent rear suspension, and the car weighs less. With those internals you are prepared to add a forced induction application for over 700hp easy. I'd say do more research or wait until the press release in another week or so.

Just my two cents.
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:59 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Don't worry, we'll turn you into a Chevy guy yet.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:39 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just forget these haters. They are so in deep now they consider needing a cosigner using mommy. ROFL....

There are kids all over the world making good money. A girl in my town has bought her car cash and prepaid all of college with the money she makes monitizing her "make up tips" on Youtube lol. There are MULTIPLE teens you have sold apps for anything from $2,000 - $1 million.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:47 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
I forgot to mention that this is going to be a project car for me. I plan on doing a batman theme.

Not sure to what level you are going to take it, or what your Batman theme will entail. If you plan on getting a little extreme with it, I might suggest getting a 2005-2009, or even slip a 2010 in there. The SN95 cars still have that awesome Mustang retro look, but you won't have to sink as much money into the initial purchase which will leave more money for customization. Also, I would be very leery doing something so extreme and personalized to a brand new car. I know many people out here are modding their new or newer cars, but the things they are doing still fall into the mainstream Mustang scene of what you would expect to see on these cars. If you decide or need to sell your car later, you could possibly knock your pool of potential buyers way down as well as the money you will be able to sell it for. You might find the only people interested in buying it will be people around your age now, they probably won't have the money and their parents will say no. Just some helpful advice to think over before you pull the trigger on a project like that.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:06 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
I think it's more the fact that he claims he pays for it on his own when there is simply no way in hell. Lol he's 16, male, just started driving, insurance ALONE should be astronomical. Let alone the $30,000+ price tag on the car itself. Unless he's a drug dealer....there's no way anyone is paying a 16yo enough money. If he could just admit that, and not front about it, it'd be cool with me. An old acquaintance just had his parents buy him a 2014 Stingray. He doesn't pay a cent of his own money for it. If that were me, I'd feel guilty as hell...like I don't deserve it. But kids who are born into that don't know any different.
I went to school with a kid who had a band new 1989 GTA Trans Am. How did he pay cash for it? He had been left multiple acreage after his grandfather passed that he grew Tobacco on. You don't know anyone's circumstances, nor should you care. Those insulting the kid or questioning where he is getting his money should take a look at their own maturity, or lack thereof.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:11 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
I'm sorry kid but there is no way you made that much money you can afford to buy that car by yourself. You would literally have to walk into a dealership and buy the car out right and have all the money on you day of purchase, 30k+ then you would need to pay the down payment on your insurance which will be a lot and then keep up with the payment of insurance and gas. I usually am the last person to get all picky at some one getting a nice first car but when they try to claim it's all theres is bull****. Give your parents some credit they deserve it.
My daughter saved $25,000 waiting tables and moved to Chicago when she graduated high school. Your circumstances are not the circumstances of others.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:13 AM   #70
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post
My daughter saved $25,000 waiting tables and moved to Chicago when she graduated high school. Your circumstances are not the circumstances of others.

How many years did it take her to do that?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT