First Car - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2014, 09:16 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg View Post
How many years did it take her to do that?
9 months.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 09:30 AM   #72
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
First Car

That's about $3000 dollars a month waiting tables....must be some good tips. But anyways I'm not going any further into this. I have stated multiply time not trying to **** on the kid just wanted to make sure he knows what he is getting into. Another word of advice is I would look up your state laws to find out what age your are allowed to go into a contract with a dealership. Most states I think you have to be 18 to enter into a contract of buying a car. Cause if your a minor in a contract you are allowed to back out of it at any time and that is usually why the dealerships don't sell to 16 year olds with put there parents.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:49 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
16 yr won't be financed on there own so end of that argument . Hating on the kid I think not I could care less if he buys it and wraps it around a pole. . Simply saying a brand new sports car come on now a used prior model I would be w e but hey it's not my life nor money so idgaf
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 09:54 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
That's about $3000 dollars a month waiting tables....must be some good tips. But anyways I'm not going any further into this. I have stated multiply time not trying to **** on the kid just wanted to make sure he knows what he is getting into. Another word of advice is I would look up your state laws to find out what age your are allowed to go into a contract with a dealership. Most states I think you have to be 18 to enter into a contract of buying a car. Cause if your a minor in a contract you are allowed to back out of it at any time and that is usually why the dealerships don't sell to 16 year olds with put there parents.

Everything you said is true. But $3000 a month waiting isn't unheard of. In fact, last summer, a friend of mine was pulling in $200 a night.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:02 AM   #75
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Everything you said is true. But $3000 a month waiting isn't unheard of. In fact, last summer, a friend of mine was pulling in $200 a night.

That is true butt these types of jobs also of rough nights where they will only make 50 in tips. And also she was in school at the time so she was part time. But I rest my case like I said before not going any further into it.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That is true butt these types of jobs also of rough nights where they will only make 50 in tips. And also she was in school at the time so she was part time. But I rest my case like I said before not going any further into it.

Again, if you have no idea of the circumstances how could you comment?
My daughter was working roughly 25-30 hours a week. She also graduated with an AA degree as she was in a high school that allowed college courses to be taken at the same time. Multiple times she came home with $250-$300 from a shift (DC suburbs).

Example from the Washington Post:

Quote:
Restaurateur Jeff Black, owner of BlackSalt and Pearl Dive Oyster Palace, among other places, says members of his wait staff earn between $85,000 and $150,000 annually. “My waiters make more money than” D.C. Council members, Black said. “They don’t need a raise.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...mum-wage-bill/
605 RWHP on a safe tune
Old 04-11-2014, 10:38 AM   #77
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post
Your circumstances are not the circumstances of others.

Coming from the guy that started talking about my circumstance first when u have no idea who I am. But I'm not here to picker and argue with you, just like Moto said I could care less what you say your daughter did or what this kid says he is going to buy. Now I'm stating this for the third or fourth time, clearly you can see from my post that I'm directing him to think about certain things such as what the I tail costs will be and the fact he can't get loans by himself and laws that might prohibit him from obtain his car.... Doesn't seem like hating to me.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #78
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
This thread has gone way off topic..... OP is asking us opinions on what would be a good sounding exhaust on his 5.0

I like Borla Stingers personally. Pricey but well worth it.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:05 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Not sure to what level you are going to take it, or what your Batman theme will entail. If you plan on getting a little extreme with it, I might suggest getting a 2005-2009, or even slip a 2010 in there. The SN95 cars still have that awesome Mustang retro look, but you won't have to sink as much money into the initial purchase which will leave more money for customization. Also, I would be very leery doing something so extreme and personalized to a brand new car. I know many people out here are modding their new or newer cars, but the things they are doing still fall into the mainstream Mustang scene of what you would expect to see on these cars. If you decide or need to sell your car later, you could possibly knock your pool of potential buyers way down as well as the money you will be able to sell it for. You might find the only people interested in buying it will be people around your age now, they probably won't have the money and their parents will say no. Just some helpful advice to think over before you pull the trigger on a project like that.
I don't think what I plan on doing is too extreme. I plan on adding matte black stripes to the car, a new spoiler and a front chin spoiler, and the AMR wheels from American Muscle. Might add more stuff later, but that's it for now.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Aphex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Coming from the guy that started talking about my circumstance first when u have no idea who I am.
I talked about your circumstances? Where? I simply pointed out that your version of reality is not necessarily his version of reality.

Quote:
But I'm not here to picker and argue with you, just like Moto said I could care less what you say your daughter did or what this kid says he is going to buy.
You cared enough to call the kid a liar and to infer that I am one as well. I pointed out that raising 30K is not all that hard if you know how to do it, even at that age. Simply put, the accusations were uncalled for.

Quote:
Now I'm stating this for the third or fourth time, clearly you can see from my post that I'm directing him to think about certain things such as what the I tail costs will be and the fact he can't get loans by himself and laws that might prohibit him from obtain his car.... Doesn't seem like hating to me.
You know that he needs financing how exactly? He never stated whether or not he needed financing, whether his parents were helping him or not or anything else involving the circumstances behind his purchase. In fact, he has been much more civil that those here who had to nerve to call him a liar. That maturity might be why he is able to buy a GT by himself at age 16.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
Old 04-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphex View Post
I don't think what I plan on doing is too extreme. I plan on adding matte black stripes to the car, a new spoiler and a front chin spoiler, and the AMR wheels from American Muscle. Might add more stuff later, but that's it for now.

Sounds like a plan. Making the car your is always part of the fun.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
Old 04-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #82
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I talked about your circumstances? Where? I simply pointed out that your version of reality is not necessarily his version of reality.

You cared enough to call the kid a liar and to infer that I am one as well. I pointed out that raising 30K is not all that hard if you know how to do it, even at that age. Simply put, the accusations were uncalled for.

You know that he needs financing how exactly? He never stated whether or not he needed financing, whether his parents were helping him or not or anything else involving the circumstances behind his purchase. In fact, he has been much more civil that those here who had to nerve to call him a liar. That maturity might be why he is able to buy a GT by himself at age 16.

I'm going to say this again.... I do not care what he does. You may take my comments w.e way you please. Also if you read my post throughly I said if he goes to buy it out right he is going to need 30k+ ready to spend on day of purchase. Then I went on to say that if he was going to finance that car he should look up laws in his state about the age limit of going into a contract like that. Again like I have said before I'm not here to argue with you. Let but this to a rest cause it has gone far off track. I look forward to helping as much as I can for everyone that's why I'm on here.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:06 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I could make 400 a night taking my clothes off to muahaha anyways when u buy it floor it out of dealership gods speed
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:09 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
I went to school with a kid who had a band new 1989 GTA Trans Am.
I also had a buddy in HS...well, he didn't go for the Grand Theft Auto TA, he bought a Formula 350. Pretty much the same car. He got a large inheritance from his mother's death, but spent it all within 5 yrs, lol. Mostly spent on cars, trucks, dirt bikes, etc.

Now if the OP were to go find a pristine example of either of these cars, IROC Z28 included, then he'd pretty much be the coolest kid on planet earth in my eyes. It's ok he's starting out small in a Mustang, he can work up to a 3rd Gen GM car later on. As for me I'm still working on it myself. For some reason my wife is still telling me "Hell No" after 20 years.

"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:44 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphex View Post

That sounds fine.
GrabberMeBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm going to say this again.... I do not care what he does. You may take my comments w.e way you please. Also if you read my post throughly I said if he goes to buy it out right he is going to need 30k+ ready to spend on day of purchase. Then I went on to say that if he was going to finance that car he should look up laws in his state about the age limit of going into a contract like that. Again like I have said before I'm not here to argue with you. Let but this to a rest cause it has gone far off track. I look forward to helping as much as I can for everyone that's why I'm on here.
I will agree with you to give it a rest, it is only the internet.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
Old 04-11-2014, 04:08 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
I also had a buddy in HS...wBel, he didn't go for the Grand Theft Auto TA, he bought a Formula 350. Pretty much the same car. He got a large inheritance from his mother's death, but spent it all within 5 yrs, lol. Mostly spent on cars, trucks, dirt bikes, etc.

Now if the OP were to go find a pristine example of either of these cars, IROC Z28 included, then he'd pretty much be the coolest kid on planet earth in my eyes. It's ok he's starting out small in a Mustang, he can work up to a 3rd Gen GM car later on. As for me I'm still working on it myself. For some reason my wife is still telling me "Hell No" after 20 years.

I started out on the GM side and have owned 4 of the breed over the years (80 Camaro, 84 Z28, 89 Formula and 94 Z28) But I have been hooked on the Mustang side for years now.
I still like a clean 85-86 TA, especially all red.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
Old 04-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I'm currently still looking for a good 5.3 for my Grandpa's '88 S10, but I'd also be happy if I could get a hold of a period - correct L98 w/ TPI. Even if she says no to an IROC, I could still have the heart of one and that would be our little secret. Heh

"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT