First Car - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #1

First Car

For my first car I'm getting a black 2014 mustang gt. I need some suggestions for the exhaust. I want a nice somewhat loud, but deep growl.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Aphex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
First Car

If you're just wanting an axle back system, I'd check out the flowmaster outlaws or the roush axle back. I have the outlaws and love the sound. Really aggressive but not annoyingly loud. Drone isn't too bad on them but there is some at 2000-2100 rpm.
RollDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
how old are you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 02:08 PM   #4

I'm 16

Old 04-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

then you shouldnt be getting a 14 gt as your first car.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #6

Why not? Not every 16 year old drives like an idiot.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

A 16 yr old lacks experience and this isnt a civic, its a pretty powerful car that will wrap you around a tree easily if youre not careful. now you might say that you wont be racing, driving like an idiot or w.e. so if that's the case why not just buy a v6 and save money? also youre insurance will be through the roof. I would never get a car like a mustang as a first car for my kids. i believe when you start of driving everyone needs a beater. will also help in appreciating money
Old 04-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #8

I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now. It won't be my first 5.0 to drive either. My dad has one, and he let's me drive it. Now I decided that I wanted to get one for myself. The cost of insurance doesn't matter. I can afford it. I pay my own bills which is kind of weird for
someone my age, but I do.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Is mommy buying it for you lol at 16 no way I could afford a 30k plus car and as far exhuast go on YouTube do a search or search the thousands of threads already on here
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

what kind of job do you have at 16 that youre able to afford a 30+k car plus insurance gas and so on
Old 04-07-2014, 02:28 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Where's Mustangz? Lol just kidding
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:30 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphex View Post
I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now. It won't be my first 5.0 to drive either. My dad has one, and he let's me drive it. Now I decided that I wanted to get one for myself. The cost of insurance doesn't matter. I can afford it. I pay my own bills which is kind of weird for
someone my age, but I do.

Don't mind all the jealous haters. Couple aren't making their points based on that but some are.

Congrats. its a great car. Just drive safe and you will be fine. I have Ppype Bomb off road H pipe because no emissions tests in Florida and Pype Bomb Axle back Muffler deletes. I love them but they are loud as well. Make sure to check your states regs for exhaust.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #13

I'm a computer geek. I know a lot about programming.I make money creating and maintianing websites for people. I also have a few websites of my own that i make money from. I knew that working a part time job wouldn't get me anything I wanted, so I decided to do what I know best.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:25 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
I'm a computer geek. I know a lot about programming.I make money creating and maintianing websites for people. I also have a few websites of my own that i make money from. I knew that working a part time job wouldn't get me anything I wanted, so I decided to do what I know best.

Good for you! A lot of kids your age don't want to work at all. Stick with it and you will be very successful in life.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:22 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:

I applaud you for your entrepreneurial attitude. When I was your age I was waiting on tables, but that was well before the internet age. If you want and can afford the 5.0, go for it but keep to your word about street racing. There are idiots who try to street race me and I am in my 40's and it is simply not worth the price. If you want to learn the limits of your car take it to the drag strip or autocross track where it is much safer to do so.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:37 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Just be careful dude. I learned to be realllllly good at bumper cars when I was your age. You never think you're gonna get in an accident until you actually do. And 2 years of driving (illegally I assume, since I don't know of a state that allows you to drive at 14 years old) is diddly squat. Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
Old 04-08-2014, 08:41 AM   #17

I didn't mean driving on the street. I was taught how to drive like everyone else in a parking lot, and when I got my permit I started driving on the street.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:42 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

First Car

Dibs on parts when u wreck showing off
Old 04-08-2014, 08:46 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I didn't mean driving on the street. I was taught how to drive like everyone else in a parking lot, and when I got my permit I started driving on the street.

Gotcha. I first drove my aunt's Volvo on a farm when I was like 10. Lol that must have been terrifying.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:12 AM   #20
Sad Panda
Staff

Region: Texas
Mustangz kid brother lol jk bro honestly if you get a muffler shop to make ya a muffler delete with nice tips for a good price you can't beat that.
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I have a 14' GT and that is way too much power for a 16 year old. Give it a little too much gas and you could end up wrapping it around a tree. Also, being a first car you are very likely to crash which is why I would not recommend a new car. A GT (especially the new 5.0) is a car to work up to not to start out on. That being said, if you do get the car I would recommend the Borla S-Type Axle Backs, very deep growl but not obnoxious at all.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:30 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

i would never let my 16 yr old get a brand new 5.0, my kids will start with beaters and if theyre anything like me ill make sure they only get trucks, jeeps etc... at 16 you think you know it all and are invincible..... youre not
Old 04-08-2014, 04:37 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Why is it any of your places to say who should be driving what? If the kids parents think he is mature enough for the car then I'm sure he is. There are 18 year old nascar drivers. Some kids were just born around cars and know how to drive em. If you can't answer his question without hating and downing him then just move on to another thread.
RollDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:48 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats man. When I was 17 I got my first gt. It was used but still the current year model. I had a pretty sweet deal with my parents, if I paid the car note and the insurance down to what it was on my previous car, my parents would pay the rest. Which was very average for a teenagers first car.
Anyways be careful, and thankful you can afford such a nice ride.
And to all the guys talking down on him, there's something about a nice car and the hardwork you put towards it that makes you value it and take car of it.
I'm sure he'll be just fine.
M_Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Then most of you would sh*t bricks if you saw the student parking lot at my school lol. There are some good teen drivers but not many, my friend is on his 4th car... And has had his restricted for about 5 months. Another kid wrecked his 30 plus thousand dollar Infiniti when another kid fell asleep driving his new nissan. Another kid flipped his 2012 BMW 335i.

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:40 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I'm was 16 when I got my first car 2013 Mustang 5.0 to be honest I really did stupid things I maxed out my car at 155MPH, race afterschool in the front of school which is school speed zone. Now I'm 17 and I feel like I mature enough.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mustang_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I have H-pipe and x-pipe

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1397004310395.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	153316   Click image for larger version

Name:	1397004347825.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	153317  

Mustang_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:47 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_96 View Post
I'm was 16 when I got my first car 2013 Mustang 5.0 to be honest I really did stupid things I maxed out my car at 155MPH, race afterschool in the front of school which is school speed zone. Now I'm 17 and I feel like I mature enough.

Bro it's been a year. Lmao But you bring up a good point. Everyone thinks they're an expert driver at present, but later you'll look back at yourself and wonder how you survived.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:07 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Dang. Came to post Mustangz, but was already beat.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:14 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I worked at bk for a year when I was 15 and I drove a pos I bought and had to pay insurance for people are spoiled but but I like going to junkyard for free parts lol
Old 04-10-2014, 02:59 AM   #31

Try checking out roush I have them on my mustang and I can't get enough of them.....but you're also very young like myself (18) and I had to learn the hard way this isn't just any other car it's an animal that will turn on you if you don't show it the respect it deserves..lucky for me I just hit a curve but that curve still took out about 2 grand out of my pocket so drive safe man
RRamirez14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #32

Region: California
Ok Guys, this is a getting a bit funny here.

If you can afford the car, good for you! Get it, but do realize that everybody has a point; that this is a powerful car and that experience is something that is needed and shouldn't be taken lightly.

Im English and we have more extensive rules in the UK for driving.

No kid in UK unless they are a rich Arab from Dubai can drive a car more that 2.0L, the insurance company will not insure you, until you are 25.

If you are going to get it then do it, but take this into account you need truthfully 6-8 month of moderately playing with the car, pushing it little by little to really understand how the cars handles and moves, where the balance is and its limits. If you dont take this seriously you will have an accident. That is fact. It doesnt matter how lucky your are, eventually your luck will run out. You dont even have to be at fault, some idiot can pull out and then you smash into them at like 80 and its your fault for speeding.

We are all guys and really we like speed, women and nice cars.

But understand, no matter how good of a driver you are at the moment, you lack experience on little things that you get by near misses and accidents and that is invaluable for driving especially since in the US there are idiots who shouldnt even be driving that get licenses.

So enjoy the car, get use to it before really playing with the car and understand that its not only your driving skill but its the other on the road. Im sure people will agree with me that most of the time accidents happen because of another idiot on the road.

Another thing we have fast cars to impress women and enjoy the adrenalin, so understand that you can not look more stupid than trying to impress a girl and messing up. Trust me it make you look soo bad and girls talk....be smart and impress them when you know your car, they will be more impressed by you being responsible when you have ther life in your hands.

For my exhaust i have a 2012 Mustang GT with a Flowmaster Outlaw Catback System.
Im a CA resident, this is loud, it drones at 2000-2500 revs, but its a little bit quieter at 3000 i still have a feeling that LAPD will give me a fix a ticket, but it sounds so sexy and when girls get it and you turn that motor on and that 5.0 Coyote motor roars, you can just feel them getting excited, add the heated seats and its over so i will accept the tickets.

Good luck and post pictures when you get it!!
LokiStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:05 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

wow, how are so many young kids buying these cars? at least new they are $30k plus car. Im not too old myself at 22 but 16-18 yrs olds buying these cars is pretty crazy in my opinion. its not just about the power of the car and what not. its also about appreciating things. 16-18 yr olds who have a new or newish 5.0 are mostly bought by their parents (not all but most) if that's their first car in my opinion they wont learn to appreciate money and end up like little spoiled brats (not always the case of course) even if im filthy rich when i have kids they will start with beaters until they learn to appreciate what they got and deserve something nicer.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:08 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

very well written loki
Old 04-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1ex View Post
wow, how are so many young kids buying these cars? at least new they are $30k plus car. Im not too old myself at 22 but 16-18 yrs olds buying these cars is pretty crazy in my opinion. its not just about the power of the car and what not. its also about appreciating things. 16-18 yr olds who have a new or newish 5.0 are mostly bought by their parents (not all but most) if that's their first car in my opinion they wont learn to appreciate money and end up like little spoiled brats (not always the case of course) even if im filthy rich when i have kids they will start with beaters until they learn to appreciate what they got and deserve something nicer.

In this case, the OP is doing computer programming and website development to earn his own money. I give him a thumbs up for taking responsibility at an early age. Many (not all) kids don't want to work at all.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT