Drive-train problem...?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Drive-train problem...??

First post, so i want to say hey to everyone, sorry in advance if this is not the correct location for this post.

So i have a 2014 gt 6 speed, that i bought brand new, did a 100k brake in; it now has 4,500k on it and i am starting to notice a bit of "looseness" in the drive-train. When in 1st and 2nd specifically if i let off the throttle it feels as if the cars momentum lunges forward and backward a bit more vigorously than it should and makes a noticeable (clicking) noise. I guess i want to know if other people are experiencing the same thing or if this sounds like something could be wrong, and what you all mite think about it.

Details about my driving habits - drove it like a normal person for the first 1k, i
drive hard but mostly at highway speeds, only a few launches, none on the track.
(i did let my little brother launch it) and he tried to launch it but he had forgot to take it out of reverse, (probably my fault for trying to school him instead of paying attention to what he was doing) after he had backed into the street. Basically he launched it backwards nothing happened didnt think much of it and still dont but its a detail that mite mean something.

Thanks,
cboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #2

Region: Pennsylvania
I could think of nothing worst to do to the drive train other than to do a burnout in reverse. With that low a mileage you should not be hearing any noises. Shut off the car and leave it in 1st gear with the emergency brake off. Get behind the car and rock it back and forth. See if you can hear any unusual noises.
charliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliep View Post
I could think of nothing worst to do to the drive train other than to do a burnout in reverse. With that low a mileage you should not be hearing any noises. Shut off the car and leave it in 1st gear with the emergency brake off. Get behind the car and rock it back and forth. See if you can hear any unusual noises.
Okay so i did as you said. Didn't hear anything alarming nor could i really move it much maybe 1 - 2in of body movement. So hopefully that is a good sign.

- also, it goes into gear without any problems.
cboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #4

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by cboyd View Post
First post, so i want to say hey to everyone, sorry in advance if this is not the correct location for this post.

So i have a 2014 gt 6 speed, that i bought brand new, did a 100k brake in; it now has 4,500k on it and i am starting to notice a bit of "looseness" in the drive-train. When in 1st and 2nd specifically if i let off the throttle it feels as if the cars momentum lunges forward and backward a bit more vigorously than it should and makes a noticeable (clicking) noise. I guess i want to know if other people are experiencing the same thing or if this sounds like something could be wrong, and what you all mite think about it.

Details about my driving habits - drove it like a normal person for the first 1k, i

drive hard but mostly at highway speeds, only a few launches, none on the track.

(i did let my little brother launch it) and he tried to launch it but he had forgot to take it out of reverse, (probably my fault for trying to school him instead of paying attention to what he was doing) after he had backed into the street. Basically he launched it backwards nothing happened didnt think much of it and still dont but its a detail that mite mean something.

Thanks,

I'm glad you put this up, I too have a 14 GT with 3,500k on it. I'm experiencing the same thing, but thought nothing of it. I've been thinking about taking it back to the dealer and doing a drive with the mechanic, but I've been way too busy. I'll just stick around and see if anyone knows what it could be before I take it in now lol
stangbaby13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
What more can you expect after 3.5 million miles?
BBK LT headers, fuel rail and UD pullies
Hurst Shifter
Lowered with upgraded rear suspension
Galaxie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Drive shaft has a lot of play in it. Get a one piece and most of you trouble will be gone

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT