Suspension Mod Overkill? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Suspension Mod Overkill?

OK, I read things on here a ton and I am now starting to question my next set of mods since they are hopefully less than 6 weeks away.

I have a daily driver, never go to the track and only drive on the highway about once every 2-3 weeks. Most all driving is in town between 40 and 60 but I would label it as very spirited!!

I have sort of settled on the list below but now wondering if I am spending more than needed. I do want a lower stance and good handling but it the pro plus kit overkill? Would spring set do just fine?

Eibach Pro System Plus (shocks, struts, springs and sway bars)
Steeda Adjustable Street UCA
J&M Extreme Joint LCA
J&M adjustable pan hard bar
J&M Adjustable Caster Camber Plates
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2014, 10:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The pro system plus is a really good setup from our experience. Solid choices with your control arms & panhard bar as well. Only thing that I would say is not necessary is maybe the CC Plates. For the drop the EPSP gives you and you don't track it too much, save some $ and just use the CC bolts from Eibach for $35. We ran them with that exact system and it a solid setup.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
If you love to drive your car like it was built then you can never have too much suspension work.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
The pro system plus is a really good setup from our experience. Solid choices with your control arms & panhard bar as well. Only thing that I would say is not necessary is maybe the CC Plates. For the drop the EPSP gives you and you don't track it too much, save some $ and just use the CC bolts from Eibach for $35. We ran them with that exact system and it a solid setup.
Thanks! I was thinking it might be overkill since I have never taken a car to the track yet. Maybe someday though.

BTW... Voted you for MOTM and you should win. Love what you have done.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
If you are looking at more parts than just the UCA ... we have our parts on sale for 10%.

Let me know if I can help assist ... you can reach me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Have you considered BC coil overs? That would make a huge difference. Good luck with ur new setup; installing it is the fun part.
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks NaplesStang! I honestly dont think you can overkill the suspension on a S197. Just degrees of improvement
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:04 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Theres parts of this list I would change. Eibach Dampers are pretty terrible at best, the tests ran on these but not only myself but other companies prove there are much better out there. J&M bushings will leave much to be desired as well, one of the reasons BMR is so popular.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT