What do you guys think? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
What do you guys think?

I've been looking for a good deal on a 13+ mustang gt's for quite a while, but no luck. Right now I just found a used mustang gt with 14k miles with all the options I wanted ( recaro seats, brembos, premium). I'm going to go to that dealership today and see if I can get a good deal, but before I go I would like for you guys to answer some questions for me. As I see in the pictures it looks like it has an aftermarket shifter, it's dropped, and the AB doesn't look stock so idk what kind of exhaust it has. It looks like someone traded in mustang, as it's not at a ford dealership? Even tho it's not from a ford dealership and if I have some warranty problems will ford cover it? My last question is.... Since it has all those aftermarket mods I'm thinking maybe it might have a tune? Here's the website... 2014 Ford Mustang For Sale in Brownsville, TX - CarGurus
Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 12:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
As far as warrenty goes it's 3/36 bumper to bumper and 5/60 drivetrain so yes ford will cover it and isn't that a lot of miles for a 14 ? Sure others will chime in
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

It's a 2013 and they are selling it for 28k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 12:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I would try to get them down on the price some. Shifter looks aftermarket maybe Hurst? As for the axleback most have a brand on the tips. One good thing is that you have some Mods already done. See if they have a CAI under the hood. As for Tune they may have reverted to stock at trade in but ask the guy. Even if it was tuned you will need the tuner to change anything so if you Mod any further you will have to buy one or get the one from old owner and just pay for tunes as you go.

Love the car though
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #5

Its a good looking car, definitely loaded out. So $40K sticker for $29K with 16,000 miles. I would want to know what mods were done. Recently paid $24.5 for a 2012 with 9,000 miles no mods if that helps. Here is a copy of the sticker...

jimmy2012gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

What do you guys think?

I already went and it looks like it had the Hurst short shifter. I'm trying to lower them on the price, but they don't want to go any lower. They want to sell it for 28,900, is that a good deal? I was planing on getting a brand new mustang gt, but then saw this one. My best friend's dad has a friend at a ford dealership and said he could give me all the discounts he could get me. Idk if I should wait or get this one.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #7

Since the 2015 is a big redesign it kind of depends on whether the new style is worth the extra money to you. Have you looked at what a new one will cost in comparison? I did a lot of looking before I bought mine and this one seems just a bit high but it is also fully loaded.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

What do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy2012gt View Post
Since the 2015 is a big redesign it kind of depends on whether the new style is worth the extra money to you. Have you looked at what a new one will cost in comparison? I did a lot of looking before I bought mine and this one seems just a bit high but it is also fully loaded.

I love the interior of the 2015, but I hate the exterior so the 13-14s are a must for me. I'm giving 13k down payment with no trades, but man these freaking dealerships want to rip me off with interest rates. I've never bought a car in my whole life and have no negotiation experience at all. They offered me 446/month for 72 months wtf its like I'm playing 32k for the whole car? And where's my down payment for
Old 04-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlp07 View Post
I love the interior of the 2015, but I hate the exterior so the 13-14s are a must for me. I'm giving 13k down payment with no trades, but man these freaking dealerships want to rip me off with interest rates. I've never bought a car in my whole life and have no negotiation experience at all. They offered me 446/month for 72 months wtf its like I'm playing 32k for the whole car? And where's my down payment for
Is that on the $28K car with $13K down? That is ridiculous. Typically the dealerships will try to find the best rate available through all the lenders they deal with. Of course it depends on your credit score, etc... If you have a relationship with a bank or credit union do business with you could hit them up. The credit union we use has some really good car loan rates right now. Depending on what they offer you, at least they might give you a better explanation of why you are being offered such a high rate loan.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

He said not to worry about how much the car costs, he just kept asking me how much I could afford a month and from there we could talk... I didn't want them to check my credit until I was sure I was going to get the car, since it affects it every time they do it. I guess they never talk about how much the car costs in total and it really depends on how much you would afford a month times the amount it takes to pay it off? This finance things have me confused, since I've never done this before (21 years old)
Old 04-12-2014, 11:02 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
Best way is to discuss the total price first then the length of financing or else they will make a fortune off off interest on you......get the lowest total price and then pick your affordable finance term with the lowest interest the best idea is to join a credit union they generally have the cheapest rates and finance through them instead of a dealership or bank ....hope I didn't confuse you
r_neck7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:08 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
Check autotrader for your local area and compare prices of the same of similar models and that will give you an average price of what you should be paying then if you find a cheaper car that's the same as the one your currently looking at tell them to match that price of the other one or beat it or else you will go there.... generally they are more than willing to do the deal......better if you get approved for a loan beforehand then you tell them you Got a check already you are just looking for the right deal
r_neck7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #13

Region: Tennessee
Just for reference, I just bought a 2013 GT Premium with a number of upgrades (Brembo brakes, comfort package, etc.) last week. I got them down to 27,700 and financed at 1.75% with no money down for 72 months for payments of $337/month. I did trade in a car for a trade-in value of a little over 6,000.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:18 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Never talk payments with a dealer. With 13,000 down, you can get that car for much lower than 446/72 months. That is a rip off with what must be a huge interest rate. Go download a financial calculator app on your phone which will have a auto loan calculator on it. Before you go in to the dealer, you need to already have an idea on what kind of interest rate you qualify for.

I just used my auto loan calculator on my phone and figured out roughly what interest rate they are charging you. I played around with it using 28,900 as the purchase price with 13,000 down which left 15,900 as the financing amount. I then plugged in the 72 months and kept putting in different interest rates until I got close to your 446 per month. They are roughly charging you 27% interest rate which is outrageous. They are plain and simple trying to rip you off and take advantage of your inexperience. I would also do some research to see if the asking price of the car is in the ball park.

Just for reference on my 2014 GT, I financed roughly $22,423 for 60 months at 1.69% interest rate and my monthly payments are about $390

Do not buy until you have more info at your disposal.

Wayne
Old 04-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I paid $28K for a 5K miles summer only GT premium with some extra options about 3 weeks ago. Also like 70monte said, only deal in price, not payments.

Any salesman talking payment to young folks instead of purchase price is a predator. IN fact, I would ask for the manager, and say you don't want to deal with the guy who tried to rip you of on financing, and to speak to someone else who will talk price first, and your own or their financing later.

I can sell and do so at trade shows, but I can never allow myself to take advantage of folks that are not knowledgeable.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:29 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Jesus dude. You need to leave that place now. I pay less than that a month and I put down $2000 on my car that was 27999 and I financed 60 months. You need to go get a blank brand new one from your friends dealer
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:51 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Jesus dude. You need to leave that place now. I pay less than that a month and I put down $2000 on my car that was 27999 and I financed 60 months. You need to go get a blank brand new one from your friends dealer
Good advise, one question however to the OP; is this car lot a "New car dealer lot" or a lot that only sells used cars. Never buy cars from a lot that only sells used cars; they make their money as loan sharks selling cars dealers wont carry.

If the GT was "queered" with some non-dealer friendly tunes or mods, a new car dealer wont sell it and it gets auctioned off to predators when traded in.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
There is a new gray base model '14 GT for $28k locally here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:22 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I've been in several dealerships and 2 of them wanted to talk "if the could give me a deal" but both would only talk a about how much I could afford monthly. They never discussed about the total price of the car. I guess since they see that I'm young they want to rip me off, but I know how much these cars cost and that the deals are there I just need to keep looking. Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it. I've saved quite some money so I could pay the car faster, but these "stealerships" just want to screw me over. On Monday I'm going to go to the dealership, and see if my friend can help me out on getting all the discounts I can get and get a good deal.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:31 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
Good advise, one question however to the OP; is this car lot a "New car dealer lot" or a lot that only sells used cars. Never buy cars from a lot that only sells used cars; they make their money as loan sharks selling cars dealers wont carry.

If the GT was "queered" with some non-dealer friendly tunes or mods, a new car dealer wont sell it and it gets auctioned off to predators when traded in.

I've only gone to ford dealerships and I plan on getting a brand new gt. The reason I want it new is, because I want to be problem free from any issues.( although I know some manuals have transmission problems) but that's what warranty is for.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:55 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlp07 View Post
I've only gone to ford dealerships and I plan on getting a brand new gt. The reason I want it new is, because I want to be problem free from any issues.( although I know some manuals have transmission problems) but that's what warranty is for.
Ok, Kewl, but this had me confused as to where you were shopping?

["it looks like someone traded in mustang, as it's not at a ford dealership? "]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT