What DONT YOU LIKE about Your Mustang - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-13-2014, 08:27 PM   #36

Region: Georgia
Just bought my first mustang since 1981 (bought a 1974 Ghia II 4 banger when I was 16). Got a real nice one this time, brand new . . . 5.0, MT, Recaros, Track Pack, Nav . . . and removed those awful plastic stick-ons on the rear windows and behind the doors!

I have 100 miles on this beast so far and love it. Here's my few gripes so far:
  1. cup holders behind shifter
  2. awkward storage compartment behind the cup holders
  3. no good place to keep change
  4. real hard to shift into reverse! maybe that will ease up over time
  5. cheapo carpet in trunk and the strange upward angle in the trunk floor (towards the rear seat)
Can't wait to begin my new journey with this fine car!
jrapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2014, 06:26 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I don't like the tires. 245's are too small for a car with this power.
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:00 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrapo View Post
Just bought my first mustang since 1981 (bought a 1974 Ghia II 4 banger when I was 16). Got a real nice one this time, brand new . . . 5.0, MT, Recaros, Track Pack, Nav . . . and removed those awful plastic stick-ons on the rear windows and behind the doors!

I have 100 miles on this beast so far and love it. Here's my few gripes so far:
  1. cup holders behind shifter
  2. awkward storage compartment behind the cup holders
  3. no good place to keep change
  4. real hard to shift into reverse! maybe that will ease up over time
  5. cheapo carpet in trunk and the strange upward angle in the trunk floor (towards the rear seat)
Can't wait to begin my new journey with this fine car!
Wait till you have a 1000 miles on it and when starting to open it up,
Join the treasure hunt for third gear

The shifter linkage SUCKS
TrackPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I can't say there is anything I really don't like about the cars at the moment but as time goes on, that might change. The cup holder is a non-issue for me since I have an automatic and I have not accidently opened the console door. I'm glad I don't have sync because if I did and it was not working correctly, I would be pissed.

I guess one thing I don't like is the tire noise or rear end noise, whichever one it is. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the car.

Wayne
Old 04-14-2014, 10:37 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yea Im with you guys, I mean every car is going to have some things that no one likes but it seems that on the Stang, there is a very common trend of the cup holders and the center console. None the less I hope no one misses a shift cuz there damn elbow or arm hit there drink, if larger than a 12 oz!! lol
dabishop25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:59 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
What's usually nice about Mustangs is any flaws they might have can be easily and cheaply corrected. There'll always be that mighty motor underhood and a shifter bracket solves most shifting issues, for under $100. Toss on a Roush upper to tame the wheelhop and you got a competent, quiet, 11 sec capable car on a good tire and day. I don't use cupholders as their name would indicate, tend to be general junk drawers anyway.

Some flaws are what gives the car character. Everything is so sanitized for your protection today, it's refreshing to find something with couple rough edges and some untamed feel. This is where I fear the '15 is going to disappoint. It's likely to lose the snorting, point and shoot charm that has been a hallmark of Mustangs since the '80s unleashed the last 5.0 on an unsuspecting public (we'll just agree not to mention the sad-sack 2V 4.6 that followed, ok?).

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:55 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Cup holders ugh.

Ginsuheightadjuster has claimed my knee once.

Tiny glove box, with all that real estate why so small?

Acceleration lag, but that is driver mod and I'm learning the car.

Getting high beam flashed. I try not to be an a-hole and flash back.

I'm from a rather vulgar forum and will take some filtering to weed out my swearing, apologies up front.

Cheers,

G

2010 Mazdaspeed 3, sold. Absolutely loved this car.
galens47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:50 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Paying $50+ to fill mine up. Out of all the current muscle cars, the '11 mustang v6 is supposed to get the best gas mileage at 19 mpg/city. I was used to paying under $30 with my old '95 honda civic. Can't complain too much 'cause I never have a smile on my face driving the honda.
Sakol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:59 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSconvert View Post
I don't have any issue shifting with a 34oz cup in the rear cup holder. But the front one is awful. I don't like having to mess with traction control every time I turn the car off and on or that there's an annoying dash light when it's off. You made me press the brake and hold the button for 5 seconds, I think I know it's off. I don't like that I got the Tech package and only one seat is power adjustable. I don't like that SYNC does whatever it wants, which usually contradicts what I ask. And that it goes off when I'm halfway through reading the text it's notifying me of. I don't like that the glove box is "soft opening" but the center console isn't. It just flaps until it gets tired or I stop it. I don't like that there's no sunglass holder. I don't like my monthly payments.
There's actually is a sunglasses holder..it's those plastic clips that are in your glovebox! They install onto the sun visor.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:19 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Other than the cupholder just the things that aren't correct that should be.. Such as the shifter bracket, the slight miss/hesitation at 2100/2200 rpms. The wheel hop(which I've fixed through mods).
Old 04-15-2014, 06:19 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
There's actually is a sunglasses holder..it's those plastic clips that are in your glovebox! They install onto the sun visor.
WHAT?! I'm trying this out later today. I always end up leaving them in the cup holders or the passenger seat. Doesn't sound bad on paper, but my usual pair is a vintage pair of real (Bausch & Lomb) RayBans that are worth around $3-400 now. Always worried they'll be spotted and stolen, or not spotted and sat on.

As far as reverse and third gears being difficult, I've never had any issues aside from sometimes accidentally going into 1st or reverse when the opposite is intended. I'm still on the stock shifter and bracket and managed to bang shift all day at the strip. Although I will say that for the first few hundred miles, third was definitely a lot of hit and miss.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:38 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Those spiral charging chords mean that the console lid can't be shut when a passenger is charging and using their phone (unless you want to use the 12 V outlet above the center stack when is the most terribly placed outlet I've ever seen). Lol Now that the temp is rising, I don't have to worry too much about rattles, so that's good.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:01 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Those spiral charging chords mean that the console lid can't be shut when a passenger is charging and using their phone (unless you want to use the 12 V outlet above the center stack when is the most terribly placed outlet I've ever seen). Lol Now that the temp is rising, I don't have to worry too much about rattles, so that's good.

That upper outlet does come in handy if you are going to hang a GPS off the windshield or put on top of dash. Less cords hanging. I just keep the slack tied up in a short bundle by the outlet.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:08 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to olds442111
Quote:
(unless you want to use the 12 V outlet above the center stack when is the most terribly placed outlet I've ever seen).

This is a terrible location for an outlet from a cellular charging device perspective. However, it's the best idea ever if u look at it from a GPS or radar detector perspective. Cord is completely out of the way!

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

Grabber and I are on the same path this morning!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:15 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by olds442111 View Post
This is a terrible location for an outlet from a cellular charging device perspective. However, it's the best idea ever if u look at it from a GPS or radar detector perspective. Cord is completely out of the way!

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

Grabber and I are on the same path this morning!

+1

If I do need to charge my phone in the car, I put it inside that rear compartment in the console, plug it in and shut the door. My Bluetooth and Sync will still let me answer phone if a call comes in. Fortunately, I rarely need to charge the phone in the car. If I did, I think I would get sick of doing it that way.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:26 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to olds442111
I just leave the cord hanging out of the console door. Always on the charger and as posted in another thread, the phone is just tossed on the passenger seat
Old 04-15-2014, 07:30 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
That upper outlet does come in handy if you are going to hang a GPS off the windshield or put on top of dash. Less cords hanging. I just keep the slack tied up in a short bundle by the outlet.

This is true! But I use my phone as my GPS and I have a holder setup on my AC vent. Works great, and I use the USB to charge my phone rather than the 12V so I have to trail the cord down the console. Thankfully, since it isn't a wide or spiral cord, the console lid will close on it!
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
Old 04-15-2014, 08:49 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I love everything about my 07 Mustang! lol, da s197 were da best generation in my opinion.. Da new ones are getting smaller and look too retro-like.. Dey dont look like Muscle cars anymo.
Cam Capollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:12 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Capollo View Post
I love everything about my 07 Mustang! lol, da s197 were da best generation in my opinion.. Da new ones are getting smaller and look too retro-like.. Dey dont look like Muscle cars anymo.

Are you talking about the 2015? The definitely DOESN'T look retro. Also, that last statement doesn't make sense, if it looks retro, then it WOULD look like a muscle car. In my opinion the 67-71's and 13-14's look the best.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:10 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSconvert View Post
WHAT?! I'm trying this out later today. I always end up leaving them in the cup holders or the passenger seat. Doesn't sound bad on paper, but my usual pair is a vintage pair of real (Bausch & Lomb) RayBans that are worth around $3-400 now. Always worried they'll be spotted and stolen, or not spotted and sat on. As far as reverse and third gears being difficult, I've never had any issues aside from sometimes accidentally going into 1st or reverse when the opposite is intended. I'm still on the stock shifter and bracket and managed to bang shift all day at the strip. Although I will say that for the first few hundred miles, third was definitely a lot of hit and miss.
Yea it took me a while to figure it out too! I broke a couple pairs by putting them I'm the slot on the door! It's easy to do all u need is a quarter to take of the slot on the visor & then just clip it in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1908931297.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	498.9 KB
ID:	154038   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1660110712.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	297.2 KB
ID:	154039  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-65429046.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	344.5 KB
ID:	154040  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:12 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Are you talking about the 2015? The definitely DOESN'T look retro. Also, that last statement doesn't make sense, if it looks retro, then it WOULD look like a muscle car. In my opinion the 67-71's and 13-14's look the best.
No, not da '15.. I didnt mean to use retro lol, but da way da 10-14s look from da back makes me wanna slap da designas . I agree, da 67-71s were one of da best body styles.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No, not da '15.. I didnt mean to use retro lol, but da way da 10-14s look from da back makes me wanna slap da designas . I agree, da 67-71s were one of da best body styles.

Bro, I think the 13-14 rear is one of the best put on any American Muscle car.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:20 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

I have a 2006 gt and the dashboard rattles and it drives me nuts it rattles worse when the weather warms up that is the only thing I dont like about my mustang.
wereKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:33 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Bro, I think the 13-14 rear is one of the best put on any American Muscle car.
Im juss sayin, dey could of did it differently. Think about how dodge designed da third generation Challengers.. Da idea fo da body was juss about remade from da first generation style.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:39 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

The challengers are nice, but they are heavy as a boat and underpowered. I like the Mustangs design... Except for the 15... That needs a new front...
Old 04-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #61
Admin

Supporter
Admin

They (Ford and all auto manufacturers) should drop cupholders all together. We should be enjoying the drive, not slurping on a drink and eating a hamburger. That's what a food establishment is for.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:15 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You say the 2015 looks TOO retro?
Old 04-15-2014, 11:22 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I listed my main gripe but you are right NO car is perfect..
1. Cup holders should be in front of the shifter or on the sides of the Console.
2. My elbow make the console lid pop open cause it is perfectly on the button, easy fix would be to but the button on the side of it!
3. No one else listed this so it just may be me also, If I move the seat to where I can shift comfortably, I hit my knee getting out of the darn car. I think I fixed it once to a perfect spot no knee issue… and then I had the move my seat for one of the kids to get in and out of the car. So I lost that one! LOL ( BTW #3 is why I didn’t but the Buick La-Cross when I was looking for a Daily driver- That’s why I got a Maxima)
Alerotaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:27 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You say the 2015 looks TOO retro?
Nah, i said da 2010s-14s rear design wasnt good. Da 2015 looks alright overall.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:27 AM   #65
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
They (Ford and all auto manufacturers) should drop cupholders all together. We should be enjoying the drive, not slurping on a drink and eating a hamburger. That's what a food establishment is for.

I can say I wish I had cup holders in my 4 cly fox.. I have one of those that fits in between the seats and center but fits crappy and is in the way..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nah, i said da 2010s-14s rear design wasnt good. Da 2015 looks alright overall.

Oh I gotcha. Lol
Old 04-15-2014, 11:58 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Now dat i think about it, Der is one thing i dont like about mine.. It needs a compartment to put change at! When i turn sharp, all of those dimes, pennies, etc fall on da floor!
Old 04-15-2014, 12:01 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh I gotcha. Lol

Lol, ayy da '15 looked pretty damn good in Need For Speed
Old 04-15-2014, 12:04 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol, ayy da '15 looked pretty damn good in Need For Speed

+1, I still like mine better though.., the 15 SOUNDED great also
Old 04-15-2014, 12:05 PM   #70
Admin

Supporter
Admin

I must be missing out on what "driving" is about...I always thought a person bought a sports car to enjoy this experience more. Sprited driving, taking on some curves, and so on. I did not figure most want to equip a sports car to be like an eatery and bank; drink holders, coin holders.

Geez, lets add a washing machine into the trunk and be done with it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT