What DONT YOU LIKE about Your Mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
What DONT YOU LIKE about Your Mustang

Ok lets face it
if your reading this, there's some curiosity how a Mustang Owner can dis a Mustang

But lets be honest
sure theres issues with this car that the aftermarket world can cure
but not the Factory idiosyncrasy's that have been permanently engineered into the car itself.

First of all, is that Dam steering wheel adjuster lock
that is directly underneath the steering column

I cant tell you how many times i have slid into my seat and my Knee is ripped in half by the very Sharp and Stupidly placed wedge shaped Ginsu knife
that Ford could of installed ON TOP of the column as many other manufactures do

Secound issue is the cup holder placement
Did it really take the 2015 to reveal you dont place it DIRECTLY behind the stick
only to have a turf war with your forearm when driving

And thirdly and the MOST annoying is
why do those Dam overhead console lights have to stay on
every time you remove the key

I work night shifts and when pulling in to the driveway, my heavy eyes after driving 20 miles home ,do Not need two Blaring lights beaming down on me
when all i want, is to just exit the car in privacy without advertising to the whole neighborhood, I'am now getting out of the car

Also the Base GT instrument lights are at full Blind you Blue when your lights are off, forcing you to turn on your running lights, when parked,
just so you can dim the dash lights,

Yea i know you premium guys are laughing
But the first three issues your stuck with too
TrackPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 06:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Cup holders and center console door!
GrayGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGoose View Post

Yea the console door operates in the WRONG Direction

Its needs to open from the other side, so the weight of your forearm doesn't open it
when resting on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 06:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackPak View Post
Yea the console door operates in the WRONG Direction

Its needs to open from the other side, so the weight of your forearm doesn't open it
when resting on it.

Exactly 😜
Old 04-11-2014, 07:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I actually like the center console door. But the Cup holder location was a bad idea in the first place...
Frozen Yettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Can't shift with a cup in the holder that's for sure
Old 04-11-2014, 08:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGoose View Post
Can't shift with a cup in the holder that's for sure

Agree and definitely designed by an engineer that drives an automatic
Old 04-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I have to second, third, forth and on and on....

Cup holder locations SUCK!!!!!!
Alerotaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:18 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Cup holder location... Definitely the worst.

rockhillgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:28 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Agree and definitely designed by an engineer that drives an automatic
😁😂😂😂😂😂😂
Old 04-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerotaz View Post
Cup holder locations SUCK!!!!!!
I agree
Feint Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:20 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Cup holder location (although it's not too terrible with a shorter cup in the rearmost holder)
The fact that everyone highbeams me when I have the grille fogs on.
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:14 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Center console and cup holders... Oh and that cheap factory shifter bracket!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Black 2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Premium, Glass Roof, Navigation
Borla S-Type Axel back, H Pipe, Drop in K&N filter
cnadz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:55 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

The pathetic stock shifter bracket
M_Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:19 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I don't have any issue shifting with a 34oz cup in the rear cup holder. But the front one is awful.

I don't like having to mess with traction control every time I turn the car off and on or that there's an annoying dash light when it's off. You made me press the brake and hold the button for 5 seconds, I think I know it's off.

I don't like that I got the Tech package and only one seat is power adjustable.

I don't like that SYNC does whatever it wants, which usually contradicts what I ask. And that it goes off when I'm halfway through reading the text it's notifying me of.

I don't like that the glove box is "soft opening" but the center console isn't. It just flaps until it gets tired or I stop it.

I don't like that there's no sunglass holder.

I don't like my monthly payments.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:34 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I got a 2010 GT, center console takes a lot to open, traction control and stab control cant be permanently turned off.

Sent from my C811 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 04-12-2014, 10:39 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
I don't like the faux gas cap on the rear but that will change soon enough and like others the traction control and cup holders
r_neck7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:05 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by noldevin View Post
Cup holder location (although it's not too terrible with a shorter cup in the rearmost holder)
I get high beamed with just my regular lights on ( I never drive with my fog lights).
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:31 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok lets face it
if your reading this, there's some curiosity how a Mustang Owner can dis a Mustang

But lets be honest
sure theres issues with this car that the aftermarket world can cure
but not the Factory idiosyncrasy's that have been permanently engineered into the car itself.

First of all, is that Dam steering wheel adjuster lock
that is directly underneath the steering column

I cant tell you how many times i have slid into my seat and my Knee is ripped in half by the very Sharp and Stupidly placed wedge shaped Ginsu knife
that Ford could of installed ON TOP of the column as many other manufactures do

Secound issue is the cup holder placement
Did it really take the 2015 to reveal you dont place it DIRECTLY behind the stick
only to have a turf war with your forearm when driving

And thirdly and the MOST annoying is
why do those Dam overhead console lights have to stay on
every time you remove the key

I work night shifts and when pulling in to the driveway, my heavy eyes after driving 20 miles home ,do Not need two Blaring lights beaming down on me
when all i want, is to just exit the car in privacy without advertising to the whole neighborhood, I'am now getting out of the car

Also the Base GT instrument lights are at full Blind you Blue when your lights are off, forcing you to turn on your running lights, when parked,
just so you can dim the dash lights,

Yea i know you premium guys are laughing
But the first three issues your stuck with too
1.) I've never hit my knee on the Ginsu wedge. I sit further back away from the steering wheel unlike people who sit Asian old women close the the steering wheel.

2.) Should not drink and drive or drink while driving lol. Get a bottled water/soda and use the center stack rear compartment or put it next to your *** partially holding it there by the seatbelt.

3.) Squint your eyes. It's a Mustang. We owners of Mustangs don't hide when we enter or exit the car.

4.) Yeah you're SOL on the instrument lol. Premium baby
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:41 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

My only real issue with the car... SYNC SUX.

I seriously think the voice recognition isn't set to recognize proper English or even human language sometimes for that matter.

It infuriates me 90% of the time. Then I cuss at it and tell it to Fk off and it just laughs at me and says something like "I don't understand what you just said biitch repeat what you just said"
Old 04-12-2014, 11:44 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
My complaints

The suspension...

Center console door

Cupholders

And I'm sure I'm probably missing one other thing. Mainly minor things... Except for the suspension, it needs work.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
My complaints

The suspension...

Center console door

Cupholders

And I'm sure I'm probably missing one other thing. Mainly minor things... Except for the suspension, it needs work.
As all I do hate the location of the cup holders AND the damn center console! I pretty much open it everyday when i drive it with my elbow! Pretty annoying but I agree with you, the SUSPENSION! Super cheap or just not built right...I only have 1000 miles on my car and I have to take it in for a ball bearing or strut, unsure. Also HATE that my fog lights are NOT HID! Why would FORD do that when the GT comes with all even center fogs HID.... STUPID. ( i have a 14 GT/CS)
dabishop25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:41 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabishop25 View Post
As all I do hate the location of the cup holders AND the damn center console! I pretty much open it everyday when i drive it with my elbow! Pretty annoying but I agree with you, the SUSPENSION! Super cheap or just not built right...I only have 1000 miles on my car and I have to take it in for a ball bearing or strut, unsure. Also HATE that my fog lights are NOT HID! Why would FORD do that when the GT comes with all even center fogs HID.... STUPID. ( i have a 14 GT/CS)

I haven't had problems with the suspension, at 7K miles, I just don't like it, it feels weak, almost like the (crappy) factory tune is too much for it.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:56 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Suspension.....complete BS when it comes to handling what this car can do (even with stock power)

That cup holder placement is funny as hell, but I just keep it closed with my phone in it to play the music.

My pet peeve is that god damn advance trac ****!!!! I wish there was a wire that I could just cut and then I could turn the lights off...... Ford mind ****s me every time I get in my car and remember that **** is on.
Mustangreazon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:43 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by noldevin View Post
Yeah, what's up with people flashing me with these on? Do they automatically assume that the fogs are highs? Or are they really poorly angled to where they are actually shining in the passing car's windshields? I can't tell because I'm always the one driving mine
Nole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Too much textured plastic with no contrast on the door cards (400a). The factory tune blows. The stock 400a shift knob is ugly and cheap feeling. The somewhat amazing ability of this chassis to transfer noise and vibes to the cab when you tighten things up down below.

The car is fast, no question but, has a few rough edges due to its price point. I wasn't expecting anything else; I knew I was buying a Mustang, not a Maserati.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Whiny ***** thread. My bed is too soft.....my bed is too firm.......wah
If these cars were built perfect, the fun of modding and customizing is out the window. If you don't like it, do something about it.
The S197 is a hell of a platform for the PRICE. There are arguably more than enough options for the obvious short comings
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:38 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Relax, man, it's all in fun....

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:44 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Rear live axle, Sloppy suspension over time. (my front passenger lower control arm makes a knocking sound)

Plan on upgrading my suspension real soon!
Feint Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
My only real issue with the car... SYNC SUX.

I seriously think the voice recognition isn't set to recognize proper English or even human language sometimes for that matter.

It infuriates me 90% of the time. Then I cuss at it and tell it to Fk off and it just laughs at me and says something like "I don't understand what you just said biitch repeat what you just said"
+1

And why can't I control the radio with sync? That just seems dumb that I can't change to FM, AM, or Sirius, or even change the station, but I can change to USB and Bluetooth audio.
Second Mustang with a 34 yr gap.
shaneyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:27 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I bought the coyote, with a few other things included in the price. Got exactly what I wanted, and I was happy with it.

Then replaced a few items and was satisfied.

Then though of what else I would like to improve. Looked at what others did and began to dream.

All steps added to my apreciation of the car.

I like my car, I am happy each time I drive it. When I don't, I often think of my car. For me, it has to be that way.
*previous 1990 Taurus SHO 3L Yamaha Shogun
*previous : life was boring !
UP North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:37 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneyusa View Post
+1

And why can't I control the radio with sync? That just seems dumb that I can't change to FM, AM, or Sirius, or even change the station, but I can change to USB and Bluetooth audio.
I tell it Boob Tube Audio and it recognizes 100% of the time. But when I say Bluetooth Audio it fails almost 25-50% by asking me "Bluetooth Audio is that correct?" Lol
Old 04-13-2014, 01:49 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
I tell it Boob Tube Audio and it recognizes 100% of the time. But when I say Bluetooth Audio it fails almost 25-50% by asking me "Bluetooth Audio is that correct?" Lol
That is awesome.
Second Mustang with a 34 yr gap.
shaneyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:57 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Cup holders... I hate them

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
dapope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:00 AM   #35
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapope View Post
Cup holders... I hate them Sent from my SGH-T999 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
What cup holders? Lol
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT