Muffler delete question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-13-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Muffler delete question

So I see allot of people doing muffler deletes. I really want more sound out of my 5.0 but trying to keep the price down. I'm worried about the loose of back pressure. I noticed they sell muffler delete kits, so I assume it can't be too bad for the car. Any advice? I just don't want to ruin my warranty, or mess up my power.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
dapope is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapope View Post
So I see allot of people doing muffler deletes. I really want more sound out of my 5.0 but trying to keep the price down. I'm worried about the loose of back pressure. I noticed they sell muffler delete kits, so I assume it can't be too bad for the car. Any advice? I just don't want to ruin my warranty, or mess up my power.

You'll be fine
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I did it on my 2014 5.0 and it sounds great. Go for it!
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

How bad is highway done

Old 04-13-2014, 05:05 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
IMO not bad some people won't like it. I can talk on the phone and everyone can hear me.
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:40 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
You get what you pay for. I think muffler deletes sound like crap. There's no sound control of any kind so it's blatting, droning, vibe the rear glass irritation. I guess I've outgrown this kind of stuff. I don't mind a good, controlled loud but, not the explosion of loud like you get when you get on it with deletes on.

That said, you won't harm anything but your eardrums and your relations with your neighbours from putting them on.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Have muffler deltes that cost $320 and love them. I have off road H though as well so very loud.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
You get what you pay for. I think muffler deletes sound like crap. There's no sound control of any kind so it's blatting, droning, vibe the rear glass irritation. I guess I've outgrown this kind of stuff. I don't mind a good, controlled loud but, not the explosion of loud like you get when you get on it with deletes on.

That said, you won't harm anything but your eardrums and your relations with your neighbours from putting them on.
^LOL

Op, muffler deletes sounds great and its a cheap mod. But then again everyone has there on opinion. Everyone that hears my car thinks it sounds amazing and asks what brand of mufflers I went with. Drone is minimal and its not very loud.
ksnapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:31 PM   #9
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapope View Post

Hey,

As long as you keep some sort of catalytic converter on the car, you will be fine with muffler deletes. Any type of cat will keep the back pressure high enough to the point where the engine can scavenge properly.

Everyone will have different opinions on the tone these systems produce, but for the most part I personally like the sound they make. It will be raspier than any system with a muffler, but it is still a V8 with a deep rumble compared to most cars on the road today.

I hope this information helps, and if you have any questions, feel free to get back in touch. Good luck!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:43 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Hey,

As long as you keep some sort of catalytic converter on the car, you will be fine with muffler deletes. Any type of cat will keep the back pressure high enough to the point where the engine can scavenge properly.

Everyone will have different opinions on the tone these systems produce, but for the most part I personally like the sound they make. It will be raspier than any system with a muffler, but it is still a V8 with a deep rumble compared to most cars on the road today.

I hope this information helps, and if you have any questions, feel free to get back in touch. Good luck!

-Dan
I have heard back and forth about back pressure. I am running stock headers, Pype off road H pipe, stock pipes (with the resonators) back to the Pype Bomb muffler deletes. You dont think this hinders performance do you?

And for anyone curious I still not 100% on what drone is but pretty sure it is the constant humming type noise. If that is the case I do get this when first warming up and cruising hwy at about 80mph but pretty good other than that.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
My Roush mufflers would be a perfect start for your car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:47 AM   #12
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
I have heard back and forth about back pressure. I am running stock headers, Pype off road H pipe, stock pipes (with the resonators) back to the Pype Bomb muffler deletes. You dont think this hinders performance do you?

And for anyone curious I still not 100% on what drone is but pretty sure it is the constant humming type noise. If that is the case I do get this when first warming up and cruising hwy at about 80mph but pretty good other than that.
Hey,

It is hard to know for sure if your back pressure is sufficient, but if I had to guess, I imagine it is fine. There is some constriction by just having the stock manifolds in place, and given you have the stock resonators on the car that is another point of disrupted air flow.

I would not be too concerned, particularly if the car is tuned for the mods you have, you will be perfectly fine.

I hope this information helps, if you have any further questions let me know!

-Dan
Old 04-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Hey,

It is hard to know for sure if your back pressure is sufficient, but if I had to guess, I imagine it is fine. There is some constriction by just having the stock manifolds in place, and given you have the stock resonators on the car that is another point of disrupted air flow.

I would not be too concerned, particularly if the car is tuned for the mods you have, you will be perfectly fine.

I hope this information helps, if you have any further questions let me know!

-Dan
You the man as always Dan... thank you. Tuned for it indead.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:28 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Dan should check his inbox.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-17-2014, 12:05 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Ok guys I was really worried about drone, so I went to a local muffler shop and had a custom set up installed. 3 inch from the h pipe back to 2 flowmaster muffler to stock tips. Removed resonators. I love the sound. No rasp and very minimal drone on the highway. I couldn't be happier.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:35 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

You really won't get any drone till the cats are out.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:31 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
My sister is doing this to her V6 today. Any opinions on sound of those. I know its not going to sound like a v8...but will it give decent sound for a v6?

rockhillgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:04 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Nope...pretty much gonna sound like a trailer park boys car with rusted exhaust, same as always

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:11 AM   #19
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

My apologies Compstall, I missed your message the other day. I have sent you a PM and once I have your information, I will get it over to Bama, have them take a look at it, and have them give you a call to get to the bottom of it. Once again I apologize for the delay and will see this is resolved in a timely manner.

-Dan
Old 04-17-2014, 01:59 PM   #20
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Compstall,

I got your information, and forwarded it and the description of your problem you sent me, to a Bama supervisor. They will look into this, and give you a call on your cell phone.

I am confident that they will be able to figure it out and get you a properly functioning tune in no time.

If you need anything else from myself, feel free to get back in touch. Thanks again.

-Dan
Old 04-19-2014, 09:15 AM   #21

Region: Texas
Muffler delete question

If you replace the pipe from the axel back with 3" piping and an open 4" tip you essentially have the Magnaflow Comp Axel Back system. I did the muffler delete for about 6 months just till I had enough money for header back. You won't see an increase in performance but it will sound pretty decent 👍 I used to drone at 2K but nothing ear bleeding.
nando09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:20 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
look into the BBK VARITUNE mufflers.... they can adjust to be a straight pipe, or you can turn the screw and have it act as a normal muffler. That's the direction I think I am going.
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT