Got merged into... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-15-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Angry Got merged into...

Well, Chicago traffic finally took it's toll. I got merged into on the way home today. I was in the far right lane getting ready to exit the highway and a mid 2000s Pontiac G6 apparently didn't notice the loud, black mustang in the lane next to him ().
Three cheers for advancetrak, though. My *** end got kicked out a bit from the impact, but the nannies kept me out of the guardrails.

http://imgur.com/XTnpu5V
http://imgur.com/NXBYNay

I've got an estimate on repairs - about 1500 assuming the rim doesn't need to be refinished. Looks like plastidip might have spared my rims the worst of it, truth be told.

I think my solution is a much louder exhaust, and maybe a train horn and some flashing lights

edit: imgur hates me apparently, so I've supplied links to the photos.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
Chicago traffic is intense sometimes... sorry to hear about the car! whats the next step? Her insurance cover it or was it hit and run?
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry to hear glad your ok I'm on 290 everyday omg I hate it lol love my auto even more when I'm on it though
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

*His, and yeah I think his insurance will cover it.

Next step is wait for the autobody shop to have an opening - looking like I drop her off next Thursday, and she'll be out of commission for about a week and a half while repairs are made. This is a damn good shop though, and worth the wait.

Also, I wasn't kidding about that louder exhaust. I've been eyeing an offroad H for a while now...just need to convince the wife that it's a 'safety device' lol.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Old 04-15-2014, 04:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
Sorry to hear glad your ok I'm on 290 everyday omg I hate it lol love my auto even more when I'm on it though
Yup, I290W, just north of the merger with 355N, near the rt72 Higgins exit. It's always a free-for-all in that area, but today just wasn't my day apparently.
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Old 04-16-2014, 09:09 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I've been wanting a train horn for a while now! There are too many distracted drivers not paying attention! Glad your ok and the Stang is repairable.
Konawin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:20 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
pics didn't show up :/ and the link is blocked on work computer
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Hell on 290 going to thorndale I wana go ape **** lol
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Sorry to hear about your car. Not to be incompetent, but was the car that hit you trying to exit? Seems like if you were in the far right lane trying to exit and they were merging they would have hit you on the passenger side of your car. Not sure how Chicago highways work though

Hope you get it back looking better than ever!
Old 04-16-2014, 03:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM7225 View Post
Sorry to hear about your car. Not to be incompetent, but was the car that hit you trying to exit? Seems like if you were in the far right lane trying to exit and they were merging they would have hit you on the passenger side of your car. Not sure how Chicago highways work though

Hope you get it back looking better than ever!

I was wondering the same thing. My guess is he meant lane change instead of merge.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:14 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Sad story. Would break my heart if it was me.

kind regards
*previous 1990 Taurus SHO 3L Yamaha Shogun
*previous : life was boring !
UP North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Nah, the turn off for this exit is rather long, and the highway goes to 6 lanes at that point. The two right lanes become the exit after about half a mile. I was in the farthest right, and he was to my immediate left and merged into my lane with me still there. His front wheel well played hell on my driver's side rear fender. Just wasn't paying attention I guess, who knows.
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Old 04-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #13

Region: California
Hello Rynarok,

Dude im so sorry to hear this Bulls**t, peoples incompetence never ceases to amaze me.
With regards to the exhaust, its a great idea i have a new catback system that honestly works, people spend time looking around trying to find out where that sound is coming.

I have a flowmaster cat back exhaust, it does drone on the freeway at 2000-2500 rpm but it's loud as hell and it sounds amazing on street and it echoes like hell, good for street use.

With the drone i just bump the music and i get over it.

One thing I would like to say that your very calm about this, much calmer than I would be i personally would have flipped out is someone hit my baby Loki (my stangs name)

at least it will be fixed...yet again sorry to hear about the accident.
LokiStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:33 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Loki, I'm packing flowmaster outlaws currently. Apparently they aren't loud enough, though...
I was considering the JBA catless H-pipe sometime this summer. BAMA is willing to write me an 'emissions' tune for when I have the cats installed for echecks, and another tune for when I go with the cat deletes. I don't know exactly what to expect running an offroad H with the outlaws, but I'd bet that's gonna be rather loud based on the few videos I have seen. I can live with loud, but it'd better sound good. I can't stand loud n ****ty, if you know what I mean.

Also, it takes quite an effort for me to stay calm with this stuff. I'm a vet with a mild case of PTSD, and part of my rehab with the VA is just pure anger management strategies. That said, I was beginning to get to a dangerous level immediately after being hit, so I called it in to the state police and let them know that I needed a unit to mediate because it was not going to be safe for the person that ran into me. They came out and handled everything, and things did not escalate. I was cooled off by the time the cops let us drive away.

I highly recommend involving the cops when there's been an accident involving other vehicles, especially if you're mad enough to fight. It would make a bad situation a good deal worse for everyone.
AXLEBACKS THREADS =

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT