Is The Price of Gas Feeling Your Wallet ? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-23-2014, 04:27 PM   #71
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Originally Posted by TrackPak View Post
Yes But your forgetting the BILLIONS of taxpayer subsidies
these Big Oil company's get for selling us this oil
Not according to this article:

The reality is that oil companies, especially Big Oil (Exxon, BP, Shell, etc.), really don’t get any federal subsidies, if that term means “getting money to do something,” as Harold Hamm, CEO of Continential Resources reminded Congress in September when he testified that, ”Some call the expensing of ordinary business expenses a “subsidy.” Now my recollection of what a subsidy means is when you are given money to do something. I guess when I drilled 17 dry holes in a row I missed that pay window. No one sent me a check.”
Bottom line: Despite the Administration’s rhetoric that has been so widely repeated in the press, the tax treatments in question are not “subsidies” that are in any way outside of the mainstream of tax treatments commonly available to all U.S. industries.
The truth about all those ‘subsidies’ for ‘Big Oil’ | AEIdeas

Mustang GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:14 PM   #72
Registered Member
Region: Tennessee
First I dont like paing more either but...

OK guys if any of you guys work with Excel do this for yourself to check out what I am saying.
First even if gas went up a dollar your Florida trip would of only cost another 8$
If you had gotten a V6 it still would of cost 6$ more. So a 2$ differnce between the two.

If you run a GT @ 21 MPG for 15,000 miles at a dollar more in gas a year it cost $721.43 more a year. Cost per year for gas is $3,214 @ 4.5 per gal

If you had bought the V6 verses the GT you would of saved a whopping $942 a year at 4.5 a gallon.

What I am trying to tell you is even a Prius would not save as must as you think.

With a 17 MPG car Vs a 40 MPG that only saves $2,283 a year @ 4.5 per Gallon. That is why I gave up a (2008 Altima) 34 MPG car for a (2009 Maxima) 25 MPG car. I drive 23,000 + Miles per year. I want a better riding car, more comfy car.. When people talk trading in a 18MPG car for a 30 MPG car I tell them you will not save enough gas money to pay for the trade value loss.

.. BTW I did the same kind of costing on Ethenol vs non Ethenol
Your yearly cost of Gas went up due to MPG loss, when forced to go to Ethonol. You just didn't know it. They worked in the E10 a little at a time. In my area Philips66 is the worst. My Vibe which got 32 every week went down to 28 MPG both times Used them.. and wow it saved me a whopping .10 per gallon at the time. Now its a .15 premium which is a whole nother scam for a nother day. ( Right now Ethenol is more than gas/ So why is it chaeper at the pump?)

Hope this all makes sense???

Alerotaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT