New to Mustang Evolution - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
New to Mustang Evolution

Hello Mustang Evolution Community! Well I've been a creeper since 2010 whenI bought my first GT and only now starting my own profile.

I just purchased a new 2014 GT so I've got the mod bug which lead me back to Evolution. As you can see in my sig I have already installed a few basic modswith more in route.

Coming from a 2010 GT w/Trackpack(CAI, Tune, axle-back) to a 2014 GTw/Trackpack was like night and day.

1st thing that stands out is the power increase. I really enjoyed my 2010 but felt It was lacking a good 100hp so the 2014 hits the spot. 2nd thing thatI noticed was the shifter feel. I haven't missed a shift but it is much too soft. 3rd is the handling. I felt much more connected to the road in my 2010 which gave confidence in aggressive driving. Hence the multiple suspension modsin the mail.

Mods I would like in the future: I would love to get a MGW shifter but Iwant to see what the Barton 2post bracket does first. After I get the current mods installed I may pull the trigger on UCA, new sway bars and koni shocks/struts if I'm not getting the handling I want.

Any recommendations for must have bolt-ons/upgrades?
Competition Auto Dyno 93Race Tune, Flowmaster Outlaw Axle-Back, JLT Oil Separator, Barton Two-Post Shifter, Airaid CAI, BMR LCA w/relocation bracket, SR Performance Adj Panhard Bar, Whiteline Panhard Bar Support Brace, MM camber plates, Koni STR Shocks/Struts, Steeda Ultralight Springs. Future Mods: aluminum Driveshaft, Barton short throw shifter, BMR adj UCA, long tubes/H-Pipe
2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Exhaust most definetly
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:43 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
Exhaust most definetly
hmm ok. I already have a axle-back. You are saying cat-back or full system?
Competition Auto Dyno 93Race Tune, Flowmaster Outlaw Axle-Back, JLT Oil Separator, Barton Two-Post Shifter, Airaid CAI, BMR LCA w/relocation bracket, SR Performance Adj Panhard Bar, Whiteline Panhard Bar Support Brace, MM camber plates, Koni STR Shocks/Struts, Steeda Ultralight Springs. Future Mods: aluminum Driveshaft, Barton short throw shifter, BMR adj UCA, long tubes/H-Pipe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Don't think he read what you have. Id get some headers for more hp. Do the lowering Springs first for the feel you had I'm the 2010. I have an lca coming my way too. Also get you agood cai.

rockhillgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014GT View Post
hmm ok. I already have a axle-back. You are saying cat-back or full system?

Do a mid pipe. I'd recommend off-road x
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I have an off road xpipe and its sweet

Old 04-19-2014, 04:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Welcome officially to the scene. I just joined not too long ago myself with a 2014 GT/CS. Can't wait to do some modding myself.

"You might think that's not cricket, and it's not, it's motor racing"

"Finishing second means you are the first person to lose"
gdcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhillgt View Post
Don't think he read what you have. Id get some headers for more hp. Do the lowering Springs first for the feel you had I'm the 2010. I have an lca coming my way too. Also get you agood cai.
How does a CAI do withe the vented hood? I imagine water would pour on it. An issue?
Old 04-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
Do a mid pipe. I'd recommend off-road x
I'll put it on my build list.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

No it doesn't. Under the hood is the piece that protects it. The hood liner

Old 04-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhillgt View Post
No it doesn't. Under the hood is the piece that protects it. The hood liner
Ok good to know

Sent from my HTC One X using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 04-20-2014, 04:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Just installed the Barton bracket and it made a really nice improvement in shift feel. Crazy how cheap the stock bracket is.

Sent from my HTC One X using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT