Need some advice for my 14 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-20-2014, 10:39 PM   #1

Region: Kentucky
Need some advice for my 14 GT

What's up everyone! Just bought my brand new 2014 Ruby Red GT last Monday, and I love it! Only thing I've done so far is installed the FlowMaster American Thunder series mufflers, love the mean sound they breathe out. Was wondering if anyone could give some advice about what I can/can't do to my car that will or will not void my warranty because I don't wanna do that! Anything would be helpful, thanks!

P.s. Only things I have in mind right now are wheels, cold air intake, and to lower the car. But anything would be helpful especially if you have experience with doing things that have voided or not voided your warranty. I talked with the ford people at the dealership but they weren't to helpful. Thanks again!
Jtabor14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2014, 12:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Welcome!

-wheels/tires-wont void warranty
-any cosmetic exterior changes-wont void warranty
-cold air intake that does not require a tune (i cant see them voiding your warranty for this)
-suspension, they probably wont value your warranty if your struts/shocks go bad but theres no way they could void the warranty for powertrain or if like a window actuator fails.
By the way, they cant void your warranty if you just put the part on the car. Technically they have to prove that the part caused the problem. (yes there are variations of this and different circumstances, someone could easily just lie)

You really should just find a cool dealership near you because some are mod-friendly.
I have one by me and they basically said that anything short of a tune or Forced induction wont have an effect on the warranty.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisBlackGT View Post
Welcome!

-wheels/tires-wont void warranty
-any cosmetic exterior changes-wont void warranty
-cold air intake that does not require a tune (i cant see them voiding your warranty for this)
-suspension, they probably wont value your warranty if your struts/shocks go bad but theres no way they could void the warranty for powertrain or if like a window actuator fails.
By the way, they cant void your warranty if you just put the part on the car. Technically they have to prove that the part caused the problem. (yes there are variations of this and different circumstances, someone could easily just lie)

You really should just find a cool dealership near you because some are mod-friendly.
I have one by me and they basically said that anything short of a tune or Forced induction wont have an effect on the warranty.

Thanks so much! Very helpful and I have a dealership pretty close I will definitely go talk with them. Would you happen to know if I do put a cold air intake on my car and right now I only have the flow master mufflers does that require a tune or is that only if I put a mid pipe on too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2014, 07:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
ProCal, Professional Engine Calibrations for Cold Air Kits and Superchargers - Ford Racing Performance Parts
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:53 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I don't know much about it myself but I could've sworn I read somewhere that a CAI isn't really that much of an improvement over the stock airbox. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the it could chime in. Just figured that if this was the case, you could save some money.
GreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:59 AM   #6

Yeah a few people have mentioned that to me too. That the stock intake may get just as good of flow as an aftermarket.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT