Parking lot hit and run. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-22-2014, 07:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Parking lot hit and run.

Sad day for me and my 2014 mustang. Stopped at Wal-Mart over the lunch hour. Inside maybe 5 minutes. Parked far from anyone. Come out and drivers side front fender damaged. No note. Just left me hanging with the damage. A whole 6 weeks of ownership. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1398214703.010231.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	518.9 KB
ID:	154799
jh1hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I found the issue/reason in your post....... Walmart.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I should have known better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2014, 08:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I just got angry seeing this post. Bunch of dishonest mf'ers anymore. I'd see if Wal-Mart has parking lot cameras.
Crewchief15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Sorry about your car man; that sucks.
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Wow that sucks!

Sent from my HTC One X using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Competition Auto Dyno 93Race Tune, Flowmaster Outlaw Axle-Back, JLT Oil Separator, Barton Two-Post Shifter, Airaid CAI, BMR LCA w/relocation bracket, SR Performance Adj Panhard Bar, Whiteline Panhard Bar Support Brace, MM camber plates, Koni STR Shocks/Struts, Steeda Ultralight Springs. Future Mods: aluminum Driveshaft, Barton short throw shifter, BMR adj UCA, long tubes/H-Pipe
2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yes see if they have cameras and get the plate. Then find out where they live and go all "Dexter Morgan" on them. That may be an overreaction.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Insurance hopefully will hook you up. Don't forget to claim for diminished value.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:34 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Yeah if there's anyway you can or do find out who did it, please do us all a favor and kill them.

Sorry to hear about your car though.
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

They have camera's, one had a great view of my car. No can see says Wal-Mart. Only will show to police. Report is filed but I would be surprised if the Police brought it to the level of getting camera video from Wal-Mart. They don't even come out anymore you just file an on-line report. Yeah I know, now I will have a car fax blemish. Insurance does not sound to promising. Probably will end up,out of my pocket. My choice on high deductibles. Maybe time for mods if I have to paint anyway. Still sucks.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:48 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Mustangs have no business being anywhere near a Walmart. Lesson learned I hope.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Mustangs have no business being anywhere near a Walmart. Lesson learned I hope.

A little harsh...things can happen anywhere. If it's his daily driver, is he never supposed to go to Walmart?
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:07 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Absolutely. There are plenty of other places to go. Going to Walmart in a nice car is the equivalent of washing your car with eggs and letting it dry in the sun. There are three places I never go in my mustang...Walmart, malls and airports. Avoid that trio and your good to go.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:19 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Absolutely. There are plenty of other places to go. Going to Walmart in a nice car is the equivalent of washing your car with eggs and letting it dry in the sun. There are three places I never go in my mustang...Walmart, malls and airports. Avoid that trio and your good to go.
It's an effing mustang, not a Bentley. Let's get real here. This is the most ridiculous argument ever supported by an equally idiotic analogy. There is no such thing as a safe parking lot. Accidents can happen anywhere. Show some respect. With an attitude like that, it's actually shocking that people don't come and smash your windows out with a crowbar. Mustang owners with elitist personalities...

The upside to this is that they have cameras; probably an expensive system too. I would say the odds of them getting the license plate from the other car are favourable. Cross your fingers and keep us updated.
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:13 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I can relate, it wasn't at Walmart, but on my base. No camera, no note...Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1398230008.020560.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	759.7 KB
ID:	154814
dugemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:38 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Sorry to hear that man, so sad. I myself had the privelege of getting my damn door handle ripped off while someone was trying to break in after 3 months of ownership. $500 deductible to geico just because someone felt like being an @$$hole. Cant have nothing nice for yourself..

Borla Exhaust Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eZpnBuQiag

GT500 Muffler sound clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkGKwxQkTc8
Filth and Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:05 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Parking lot hit and run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangholio View Post
Yes see if they have cameras and get the plate. Then find out where they live and go all "Dexter Morgan" on them. That may be an overreaction.

Dexter sounds like the best solution to this.
Mustangreazon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:58 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
They do have cameras and you can get the police to look at them. I had the same thing happen and I even got to see the film. We couldn't get a plate but seen the vehicle. It just happened to be too far to see the plate. Try and get the film, the police should have to do it. Your insurance may even request it so they wont have to pay if the plate can be seen, the other person will have to pay and get charged with hit and run.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:17 AM   #19
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Insurance hopefully will hook you up. Don't forget to claim for diminished value.
Good suggestion, except that if he has a deductable, that's still out of pocket expenses for some slime ball who hit him and drove off.

More than likely, they did not even know. Especially if it was one of the monolith SUV's that are driven these days. Probubly texting or talking on a cell phone and not paying any attention to driving as they backed out.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:25 AM   #20
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
It's an effing mustang, not a Bentley. Let's get real here. This is the most ridiculous argument ever supported by an equally idiotic analogy. There is no such thing as a safe parking lot. Accidents can happen anywhere. Show some respect. With an attitude like that, it's actually shocking that people don't come and smash your windows out with a crowbar. Mustang owners with elitist personalities...

The upside to this is that they have cameras; probably an expensive system too. I would say the odds of them getting the license plate from the other car are favourable. Cross your fingers and keep us updated.
It's his car, his pride and joy. I'm sure he works hard for the money to make its payments. It should not matter what type of vehicle is driven to a "public" parking location or establishment. It deserves the same respect as the next persons.

It's the lack of respect, or ignorance of others who don't pay attention in these public places thats the issue here. And then drive off when knowingly cause damage.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:33 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
No one can show you security footage or look at it themselves without the police being present. I learned this when my stuff was stolen out of a locker at the gym last year. I went to the desk and asked if they could see if someone took it and they said that they had to wait for the police to arrive.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:44 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
No one can show you security footage or look at it themselves without the police being present. I learned this when my stuff was stolen out of a locker at the gym last year. I went to the desk and asked if they could see if someone took it and they said that they had to wait for the police to arrive.
do you kniow why?
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:49 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I have been to some of these places, Wal-Mart, Canadian Tire, Sbux and I park far away and sideways, taking two spots. Might make me look like an @sshole but a happy @sshole! Until people have more respects for other people's property!.
jeanmorissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:19 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post

It's the lack of respect, or ignorance of others who don't pay attention in these public places thats the issue here. And then drive off when knowingly cause damage.

Exactly!!
Old 04-23-2014, 08:01 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
It's his car, his pride and joy. I'm sure he works hard for the money to make its payments. It should not matter what type of vehicle is driven to a "public" parking location or establishment. It deserves the same respect as the next persons. It's the lack of respect, or ignorance of others who don't pay attention in these public places thats the issue here. And then drive off when knowingly cause damage.
That was never debated. I was rebutting his claim that a mustang is too nice a car to shop at wal mart with. Everyone knows better. This stuff can happen right outside of your house while you're sleeping. You'd have a harder time fighting it at home..
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:36 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That was never debated. I was rebutting his claim that a mustang is too nice a car to shop at wal mart with. Everyone knows better. This stuff can happen right outside of your house while you're sleeping. You'd have a harder time fighting it at home..

I know what you were saying here. I think you were just as bothered as I about the callous response to a guy who was just letting us know what happened to his car, and then made to feel like it was his fault and he should learn his lesson. I'm sure he feels bad enough already without being made to feel like it was his fault and got what he deserved. He's probably sorry right now he even let us know about it.

Granted, there are places I go where I will only bring my beater truck, like concerts, ball games, fairs, airports, etc., but not everyone has options. I don't know whether the OP has anything else to drive, but even still, he shouldn't be afraid to stop at the store with it.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:13 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post
do you kniow why?

Not sure why. Could be that the cameras are govt. property? That's just speculation.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:38 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Agree, It's like victimizing the victim! Bad mentality we have but ubiquitously present!
jeanmorissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:46 AM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:

I don't remember ever saying a mustang was too nice to park in Walmart. I was insinuating that mustang owners care about their vehicles and would be pissed if this happened. I wouldn't be pissed if this happened to my 2004 Honda civic. I wouldn't even bother claiming it on my insurance. Which is why I drive it to Walmart and other high traffic places. The bottom line is....yes accidents can happen anywhere, but the risk is higher in high traffic areas like Walmart, airports, concerts and malls. I learned the hard way, as I'm sure others will as well.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:48 AM   #30
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang50 View Post
do you kniow why?

Legal reasons. They could be sued. You need a court order to view the video usually.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:19 AM   #31
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Bummer...I don't mind people making mistakes we all do. It's the not fessing up that makes me see red. Sounds like you did the right thing in parking far away it's what I do but sometimes it just sux.......
Old 04-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #32
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Not sure why. Could be that the cameras are govt. property? That's just speculation.
Nope. Liability. They (the establishment that has the cameras) could be held liable if they showed the film to a person who then went out and did some sort of stupid revenge to the suspect. Gotta remember, the suspect criminals in this world have rights too.

And yes, I call anyone who knowingly hits a car and drives off a criminal.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:59 PM   #33
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
I know what you were refering to, and I'm agreeing with you. I feel I should be able to take my Mustang to any public location without being concerned with some smuck who feels he/she can cause damage to it just because of the establishment that it is at.

There is no difference to it being Walmart, Target, a mall, any eating establisment, or any public parking facility. Folks who wish to blame the OP because of where he parked as the reason are simply wrong.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:

Huh?
Cam Capollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Go back to WalMart and ask them to check the security cameras. Might not see much but who knows maybe you can get a car descr & possibly plates.
84GCock is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT