American Muscle Wheels Quality - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Honestly I believe AMR just makes sh*t quality wheels. They look great, but aren't quality.
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2014, 05:13 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
This happened to another member just last week.
If you take a look near the bottom of the thread.. his return seemed to go a lot smoother then yours. AM needs to change up their paypal checkout
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:21 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Wow, that is pretty disappointing with a response like that when Dan came on here to take care of it. Option of a refund should still be on the table. Lot of work for you to do when you have done NOTHING wrong.

I will add, we bought SVE drifts and they are a pretty inexpensive wheel and could not be happier. Finish is excellent and tough and the wheels have been all we could ask for. We bought them from Late Model Restoration
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2014, 03:13 AM   #39
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Get them powdercoated and have am pay for it. Powdercoated would be much more durable.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:13 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
UPDATE:

I just spoke to AM and told them I was quoted $135 to repair each wheel. They said it would be better to exchange the wheels. Apparently they recently had a return policy change and I was misinformed yesterday. The way the exchange works is they provide you with new labels to send the damaged wheels back, and they ship the replacement wheels once they see that UPS has received the wheels to be returned. So I won't be waiting forever, but this does mean I have to find a way to get 4 wheels with tires on them to a UPS store.

I was actually considering ordering another set on my own, and just calling to return my others, then this process wouldn't make a difference. lol
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:10 PM   #41

Region: Indiana
I had the same thing on the same rims only 2 of mine were damaged. And 2 of them they mounted the tires in the wrong direction. They did take care of everything. Including the cost to have the tires really remounted properly.
Sepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:19 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
When you ship these wheels back, wouldn't hurt commenting on how much you admire, let's say, chrome lug nuts, center caps, spacers, or sumthin else you've come across in their fine store. ^**^
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:58 AM   #43

Region: Virginia
Schedule a UPS pick up and tell AM they can pay for it.
yngrshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:16 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

UPDATE:

I'm not so sure if AM's customer service has gone down the drain or what, but this has not been a good experience. I decided to ship the wheels and tires back, as that was recommended by the AM rep, and they would ship out a new set. I packaged the damaged wheels back up, and printed the return labels and went to UPS. When I got there, the UPS rep wouldn't ship them because AM didn't cover enough weight. AM only set the call tags for 31 lbs per box. They needed to be 64 lbs for the rear, and 61 lbs for the fronts. Seriously? Now I have to reprint new tags and go back to UPS again. How can they miss that? Not only that, but I PM'd Dan a couple minutes after he responded to this post, days ago, stating he would take care of this, and I am yet to hear from him.

I thought AM had better service than this, but I must have been mistaken...
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
Old 04-28-2014, 11:31 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Ouch man sorry to hear about this, what a PIA.
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:48 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Two sides to every story
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:36 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I bought my AMR gloss 18x9 with nitto invo about a month ago no damage at all. The only problem I had was I put them on in my garage. Then took her down my street for a drive and all the wheel weights flew off on all the rims.

I was pissed, but I knew AM would make it right and they did.

So...I would suggest you check all your wheel weights.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #48
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

I'm not sure where the break up in communication is. Or why you're hearing a ton of different policies on the phone. I just went down and spoke with our CS Manager and this will be handled, NOW.

We're going to do the Following:

-Personally head over to the warehouse and hand pick (4) AMR's for you. Make sure they're not damaged or scratched.

-Mount these (4) Wheels on (4) Brand new Tires so that you don't have to go through the trouble of re-mounting and balancing.

-I'll then send you (4) Return tags to get the damaged Wheel & Tires back to us. We'll deal with the carrier and figure out how they were damaged.

-These Wheels and Tires will be hand picked Today and Shipped out tomorrow. You'll be emailed with Shipping information tomorrow.

I hope this helps. Please let me know what else I can do to make sure you're taken care of and in good hands. We'll never leave you up the creek without a paddle. Hang in there, we really appreciate your patience! I promise you that all of your future experiences won't be as stressful as these ones. We want all of our customers to have a great experience with us and the ordering process be a breeze.

Our CS Manager is contacting you now...

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:30 PM   #49
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

I have been notified that you've been contacted and we're getting this all squared away as we speak. We're hand picking the Wheels & Tires , Mounting them and Shipping them out by Tomorrow for you.

I hope this helps regain your confidence in us. Believe me, making this process stressful was not our intentions. This is not the norm and you shouldn't have this problem again. Moving forward, please shoot me a PM before placing your order and I'll make sure you're taken care of!

-Dan
Old 04-28-2014, 05:03 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Dan,

I appreciate the help. I was contacted and it sounds like everything is getting taken care off. I am excited to get the new wheels so that I can show them off. I'll post some pictures once I install them.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:07 AM   #51
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker79 View Post
Dan,

I appreciate the help. I was contacted and it sounds like everything is getting taken care off. I am excited to get the new wheels so that I can show them off. I'll post some pictures once I install them.
Good news! Again, I do apologize for any convenience. That is not how we like to do business.

We look forward to seeing the pictures!

Dan
Old 04-29-2014, 11:41 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I have a lot of confidence in AM. Customer service is awesome.

rockhillgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:06 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I don't care what anyone says, AM has given me nothing but friendly customer service. Over the holidays I got them to price match a bumpsteer kit from Steeda, which when I called, all i did was give them my info, They confirmed the Price match price, and sat and chatted about mine, and the CS members mustangs for a bit. Pleasant experience every time I've dealt with them. $3,000 in purchases and no complaints.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:11 AM   #54
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhillgt View Post
I have a lot of confidence in AM. Customer service is awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
I don't care what anyone says, AM has given me nothing but friendly customer service. Over the holidays I got them to price match a bumpsteer kit from Steeda, which when I called, all i did was give them my info, They confirmed the Price match price, and sat and chatted about mine, and the CS members mustangs for a bit. Pleasant experience every time I've dealt with them. $3,000 in purchases and no complaints.
Thanks for the feedback guys! We really appreciate the business and support.

Let me know if you guys have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Old 04-30-2014, 09:51 AM   #55

Region: Wisconsin
I'm in the same boat as you Striker79. I took delivery of 4 new AMR wheels Monday of this week. I was so excited to finally have them and I was heartbroken to find 3 of the 4 wheels were damaged. The damage was similar to what you experienced, plus one of the wheels had a 3/4 inch long gouge taken out of the lip.

I also received less than stellar support from AM when I called. I was shocked since I've always received great service in the past. The first guy I dealt with really didn't seem to care. He told me I was supposed to have the tires unmounted and then ship the wheels back for a replacement. Yeah right, like I have time for that. He then told me they'd send me call tags for the damaged wheels, but my new wheels/tires wouldn't be processed until UPS had taken possession of the damaged wheels/tires. I called AM again the very next morning and got a completely different story. The lady told me there was a UPS claimed opened and they'd ship my wheels/tires out right away. Then 4 hours later I receive call tags and the weight was wrong so UPS wouldn't take the boxes. I call AM again to get the tags straighten out and after another trip to UPS they finally took the wheels.

Now here I sit waiting again for my replacement wheels/tires. No expedite was offered by any of the 3 AM reps I've spoken with in processing or shipping so I guess it'll be next week before they show up. Hopefully, these new wheels won't be damaged as well.

Overall, I'm not very impressed. This is not my fault. I feel like I went through so much BS and I'll still have to wait close to a week to get my replacements. If these replacement wheels are damaged I'm demanding my money back and I'll go elsewhere.
ecardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:14 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
That's rough. I wouldn't accept the quality that they came in either. I suggest using TireRack for wheels. I bought myself some nice Ford Racing ones and they came perfect.

EDIT: After reading some of the complaints and praises of AM customer service I want to add that I recently purchased a Steeda shifter and bracket combo. They ended up just shipping the bracket with no shifter. I was not happy with who I contacted at AM. The guy just seemed to not care about my problem. He sent out the right thing, but man it delayed me by weeks due to being busy on the weekends following the screw up. I didn't get the friendly customer service some people are saying. I didn't even get an apology, only "it happens".
mnl1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:15 AM   #57

Thanks for the recommendation. I have used Discount Tire in the past, but I'll check out Tirerack if things continue to go south with these AMR wheels.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:27 AM   #58

I just called AM looking for a status update and tracking number since I was told yesterday that my replacement wheels/tires were in the "shipping" stage and ready to go. After I was hung up on by the first AM rep I spoke to the second rep tells me that the wheels/tires still have to go through the mount and balance process.

So I explain all the issues I've had with this whole ordeal and ask if they can apply expedited shipping. We'll I got shot down with that request. Just another disappointing discussion with the AM folks...hung up on, lied to and to top it all off I just don't get the sense they give a crap about my situation.

It's too bad. I really love everything they offer and I have over $3k worth of parts in my build list that I plan on buying this year and next spring. I just don't know how I can come back after this experience. Where I come from we do everything possible to take care of the customer when an issue arises. Everyone one makes mistakes...it's how those mistakes are handled that makes or breaks a situation.

My apologies for the rant. I just figured I'd share my experiences since Striker and I are dealing with the same issues. the same damage, the same customer service and in the same time frame.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I like my AMRs. Yes they chip easily but i dont want to spend 2000 on wheels just to cry when i get road rash. I use touch up paint for the scratches and nicks. Maybe ill change wheels in the future but so far they get the job done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1398879617006.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	155532  
JayblesStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:57 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecardinal View Post
I just called AM looking for a status update and tracking number since I was told yesterday that my replacement wheels/tires were in the "shipping" stage and ready to go. After I was hung up on by the first AM rep I spoke to the second rep tells me that the wheels/tires still have to go through the mount and balance process.

So I explain all the issues I've had with this whole ordeal and ask if they can apply expedited shipping. We'll I got shot down with that request. Just another disappointing discussion with the AM folks...hung up on, lied to and to top it all off I just don't get the sense they give a crap about my situation.

It's too bad. I really love everything they offer and I have over $3k worth of parts in my build list that I plan on buying this year and next spring. I just don't know how I can come back after this experience. Where I come from we do everything possible to take care of the customer when an issue arises. Everyone one makes mistakes...it's how those mistakes are handled that makes or breaks a situation.

My apologies for the rant. I just figured I'd share my experiences since Striker and I are dealing with the same issues. the same damage, the same customer service and in the same time frame.

I am sorry to hear you are in the same boat as me. It has certainly cost me more time than I ever wanted to put into getting new wheels/tires. It looks like my replacements are finally getting shipped out today.

I do tend to agree with you that the customer service was not all that pleasant. When I dealt with them over a year ago, the rep would talk with me for a good while and be very helpful. I just didn't get that vibe this time around. In fact, the first time I called to report the wheels damaged, it was around 8:45 pm, and the tone I got from the customer service rep was that he/she didn't have time to deal with me. It sounded like they just wanted to go home, and that I was an inconvenience to them.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:12 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayblesStang View Post
I like my AMRs. Yes they chip easily but i dont want to spend 2000 on wheels just to cry when i get road rash. I use touch up paint for the scratches and nicks. Maybe ill change wheels in the future but so far they get the job done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

How long have you had your wheels? If I was you, I would be using the 1 year finish warranty that the wheels come with instead of using some touch-up paint.

You can be sure that at 11 months I am going to check my wheels to make sure there are no chips or defects. If there are, then I will be taking AM up on the 1 year finish warranty. It is stated right on the website, "Your new Mustang wheels have a 1 year warranty against defects in the finish of your wheels. Drive them daily, not just to the shows!"

"Painted Wheels are guaranteed against paint separation and paint peeling for a period of one year from the original date of purchase."

As long as you aren't off-roading or doing anything that will void that warranty, you should be good.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:44 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Quote:
"Painted Wheels are guaranteed against paint separation and paint peeling for a period of one year from the original date of purchase."
I don't think chips of any kind are included in that? Just if the paint has defects. Paint chipping from a rock probably isn't covered. I would have to say though, that rock chips for me have been non existent. So if you are having to do that many touch-ups, something is going on.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:15 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM7225 View Post
I don't think chips of any kind are included in that? Just if the paint has defects. Paint chipping from a rock probably isn't covered. I would have to say though, that rock chips for me have been non existent. So if you are having to do that many touch-ups, something is going on.
You are probably correct, but the chips that were in the wheels that were sent to me were pretty deep, almost like the material was too soft.

I also found this:

AmericanMuscle's obligation under these warranties is limited to repair or replacement at our sole discretion, without charge excluding freight if wheel(s) are found to be defective. This warranty excludes:

1. Any wheels that have been damaged due to abuse, neglect, misuse, or that have been repaired or altered.
2. Wheels that have been used for off-road or racing.
3. Wheels that have been damaged due to adverse weather conditions, or road chemicals.
4. Wheels that have been improperly installed or installed with other than recommended
accessories.
5. Wheels that have been installed with tires that exceed the recommended size or installed on
vehicles that they were not specifically intended.
6. Transfer of title by the original purchaser voids the warranty
Old 04-30-2014, 07:16 PM   #64

...and now the AMR wheels are on backorder...I just can't win.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
People will head for the top shelf for everything in the performance dept then buy a cheap wheel and complain about it. Heh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:33 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecardinal View Post
...and now the AMR wheels are on backorder...I just can't win.
That really sucks. I wonder if the replacements they sent me were the last ones? If they are now out of stock it really makes me wonder...if there were only a handful of wheels left, I'm not sure if Dan stating that he would hand pick my wheels really means anything. What if the wheels he hand picked were the last ones? I guess we will see tomorrow when they are delivered. If these are damaged I'm just gonna have to go somewhere else and splurge on the forged wheels now rather than later.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:38 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
People will head for the top shelf for everything in the performance dept then buy a cheap wheel and complain about it. Heh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I don't think I am complaining about the wheel as much as the quality control. If the wheels would have showed up undamaged, I would love them. This has nothing to do about the wheel quality or price point, but the fact that the wheels were delivered with damaged from what looked like a ding or scratch that was caused in manufacturing or tire install. Now that this has happened to all four of the wheels in my first set, as well as three wheels from another person's set that was ordered around the same time, I'm not sure it is a coincidence. I think it has something to do with manufacturing or mounting the tires in house. Just my personal opinion though...
Old 05-01-2014, 11:52 AM   #68
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
That really sucks. I wonder if the replacements they sent me were the last ones? If they are now out of stock it really makes me wonder...if there were only a handful of wheels left, I'm not sure if Dan stating that he would hand pick my wheels really means anything. What if the wheels he hand picked were the last ones? I guess we will see tomorrow when they are delivered. If these are damaged I'm just gonna have to go somewhere else and splurge on the forged wheels now rather than later.
Our CS Manager shot over to the warehouse and made sure that these wheels were perfect before they left our facility. I was assured that they were perfect! They should be to your door very soon. Please let me know how the condition is and I'll pass the feedback along.

We packaged them better as well to insure that they won't get damaged in transit.

Hope this helps!

-Dan
Old 05-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Our CS Manager shot over to the warehouse and made sure that these wheels were perfect before they left our facility. I was assured that they were perfect! They should be to your door very soon. Please let me know how the condition is and I'll pass the feedback along.

We packaged them better as well to insure that they won't get damaged in transit.

Hope this helps!

-Dan

Awesome! Thank you, Dan. I can't wait to check them out tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #70
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Awesome! Thank you, Dan. I can't wait to check them out tomorrow.
Absolutely. I'm excited for you to get them as well. Let me know how it works out!

-Dan

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT