American Muscle Wheels Quality - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2014, 12:58 PM   #71
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecardinal View Post
I'm in the same boat as you Striker79. I took delivery of 4 new AMR wheels Monday of this week. I was so excited to finally have them and I was heartbroken to find 3 of the 4 wheels were damaged. The damage was similar to what you experienced, plus one of the wheels had a 3/4 inch long gouge taken out of the lip.

I also received less than stellar support from AM when I called. I was shocked since I've always received great service in the past. The first guy I dealt with really didn't seem to care. He told me I was supposed to have the tires unmounted and then ship the wheels back for a replacement. Yeah right, like I have time for that. He then told me they'd send me call tags for the damaged wheels, but my new wheels/tires wouldn't be processed until UPS had taken possession of the damaged wheels/tires. I called AM again the very next morning and got a completely different story. The lady told me there was a UPS claimed opened and they'd ship my wheels/tires out right away. Then 4 hours later I receive call tags and the weight was wrong so UPS wouldn't take the boxes. I call AM again to get the tags straighten out and after another trip to UPS they finally took the wheels.

Now here I sit waiting again for my replacement wheels/tires. No expedite was offered by any of the 3 AM reps I've spoken with in processing or shipping so I guess it'll be next week before they show up. Hopefully, these new wheels won't be damaged as well.

Overall, I'm not very impressed. This is not my fault. I feel like I went through so much BS and I'll still have to wait close to a week to get my replacements. If these replacement wheels are damaged I'm demanding my money back and I'll go elsewhere.
Quote:
I just called AM looking for a status update and tracking number since I was told yesterday that my replacement wheels/tires were in the "shipping" stage and ready to go. After I was hung up on by the first AM rep I spoke to the second rep tells me that the wheels/tires still have to go through the mount and balance process.

So I explain all the issues I've had with this whole ordeal and ask if they can apply expedited shipping. We'll I got shot down with that request. Just another disappointing discussion with the AM folks...hung up on, lied to and to top it all off I just don't get the sense they give a crap about my situation.

It's too bad. I really love everything they offer and I have over $3k worth of parts in my build list that I plan on buying this year and next spring. I just don't know how I can come back after this experience. Where I come from we do everything possible to take care of the customer when an issue arises. Everyone one makes mistakes...it's how those mistakes are handled that makes or breaks a situation.

My apologies for the rant. I just figured I'd share my experiences since Striker and I are dealing with the same issues. the same damage, the same customer service and in the same time frame.
Wow.. This sounds like a terrible experience. I really do apologize for this. Can you please shoot me a PM with your order number included? This is not the type of service we should be giving and this is not the norm. I'll make sure our CS Manager address the reps you spoke with.

I will make sure you're taken care of, quickly. Once I have your order number I can speed this process up for sure. Hang in there. I really appreciate your business and loyalty!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #72

Region: Wisconsin
Thank you very much Dan.

PM sent
ecardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #73
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Thank you very much Dan.

PM sent
You're welcome. I got your PM! I'll have our CS Manager review our order and reach out to you very shortly.

I do apologize for any stress this may have caused you. Hang in there for me! I do appreciate your patience.

-Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2014, 03:55 PM   #74

Thank you very much for getting involved.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #75
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Thank you very much for getting involved.
You're welcome! I understand my CS team has reached out to you and that they're working with you now.

We'll have you all squared away, quickly!

-Dan
Old 05-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #76

Dan...I've been working with Tony and he took great care of me. He helped me get setup with a set of 2013 GT500 wheels since the 20" AMRs will be out of stock for a while. Thanks again for your help and escalation!
Old 05-02-2014, 02:24 PM   #77
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Dan...I've been working with Tony and he took great care of me. He helped me get setup with a set of 2013 GT500 wheels since the 20" AMRs will be out of stock for a while. Thanks again for your help and escalation!
Awesome. That's great news. I'm glad to hear you're all taken care of. Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience and the issues with this order.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance or have any questions!

-Dan
Old 05-02-2014, 10:43 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Hopefully escardinal you don't have brembo brakes cause the 13 replica gt500 wheels won't fit or clear them on the front.. odd I know right..
Stang8psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:05 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker79 View Post
Yeah. At this point I think I just want my money back and I'll go somewhere else. I just find it odd that they didn't see these scratches before they packaged the wheels. Each wheel had almost the same scratch, so there had to be some sort of manufacturing problem. I just wonder if other people are getting their wheels with the same scratches? or did they just assume I wouldn't notice? lol
It's not a production defect. It's during the tire mounting process. Maybe the guy weighs 80lbs soaking wet and can't lift the wheels and tires properly or is just a lazy/sloppy tech.

Yeah it's unacceptable that this was shipped off and arrived in such piss poor shape. I haven't ordered anything from AM in over six months now since the last two orders (AM painted qtr louvers and AM black billet grilles) came to me in piss poor conditions as well. They tried to retroactively make things good by offering replacements and such but I don't have time nor inclination to disassemble, ship and reinstall a new one.

Takes the fun out of being excited about getting a new part. Feels like a game of chance where you get nothing when you win and headaches if you lose.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:14 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Why don't you put on a little touch up paint on them? It's not like they are not going to get scratched up.
I have a set of wheels that's BRAND NEW I would love to sell to you as brand new. It comes with some tires too but I won't charge you for them at all!

But you might want to change the tires out though they're kinda bald. Doesn't matter tho cuz not like you wouldn't need to put tires on new wheels anyway...
Old 05-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
I would just get new wheels. What if you aren't satisfied with the job done? You're stuck in the middle. You're just adding one more piece to the puzzle that can go bad, and bringing a third party into the mix. Don't make a bad situation worse. Just my gut feelings...
You paid for new wheels correct? Not refinished wheels?
Old 05-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How long have you had your wheels? If I was you, I would be using the 1 year finish warranty that the wheels come with instead of using some touch-up paint.

You can be sure that at 11 months I am going to check my wheels to make sure there are no chips or defects. If there are, then I will be taking AM up on the 1 year finish warranty. It is stated right on the website, "Your new Mustang wheels have a 1 year warranty against defects in the finish of your wheels. Drive them daily, not just to the shows!"

"Painted Wheels are guaranteed against paint separation and paint peeling for a period of one year from the original date of purchase."

As long as you aren't off-roading or doing anything that will void that warranty, you should be good.
Paint peel and paint separation is not the same as rock chips and curb rashes.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Paint peel and paint separation is not the same as rock chips and curb rashes.
what kind of wheels are they? how much? pm me.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
what kind of wheels are they? how much? pm me.
Sorry it was sarcasm in response to NewMtang's post about not worrying about all the chips and scratches on the new AMR wheels to the OP because eventually he's gonna scratch them anyway. I don't have "new wheels mounted with used tires" for sale.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:57 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Sorry it was sarcasm in response to NewMtang's post about not worrying about all the chips and scratches on the new AMR wheels to the OP because eventually he's gonna scratch them anyway. I don't have "new wheels mounted with used tires" for sale.
Oops sorry to blow you up. I didn't read the whole thread just saw that and got excited lol.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:37 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
American Muscle Wheels Quality

So I got the new wheels. They were in better shape than the original ones. There was a minor scratch on one of them, but at this point I am over it. I'll only have them for a short while. Other than that, they look great on the car, and the invos hook very well.

I did notice that these had the gunk on them from tire installation as well. While I understand it is not AMs job to clean them, it is a bit of an inconvenience having to scrub each wheel after installing them.

I'll post up some pictures as soon as I get the chance.
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:39 AM   #87
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Damn...I am not buying wheels from am.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:06 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

FUBAR, good luck to you sir they definitely should resolve the issue for u, ordering **** online is always a roll of the dice.
anoa324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:02 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I had the same problem. I ordered some matte black 2010 gt500 style rims with mounted tires and the rims came polished in a couple areas and with a with small chips. After some confusion with a restocking fee I eventually talked to a manger who got it straightened out right away. I got my replacement set fast and they are perfect. Overall I was a little disappointed with the extra wait time but the new set look great, and the customer service was respectable. Still use AM all the time for parts.
Trevorhart3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:30 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

There u go
Old 05-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #91

I received my replacement wheels today and quickly opened them up. The packaging was 100x better this time around. There was only 1 small scratch near the lug hole, but I'm not going to bother trying to get it replaced again. The wheels fit great and are perfectly balanced. Delivery was much quicker with this replacement order as well. AM got them out the door quickly! Overall, I'm satisfied but now I need some lowering springs...4x4 look = yuck!!!

Old 05-08-2014, 12:45 PM   #92
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
I received my replacement wheels today and quickly opened them up. The packaging was 100x better this time around. There was only 1 small scratch near the lug hole, but I'm not going to bother trying to get it replaced again. The wheels fit great and are perfectly balanced. Delivery was much quicker with this replacement order as well. AM got them out the door quickly! Overall, I'm satisfied but now I need some lowering springs...4x4 look = yuck!!!

I'm glad to hear the experience was much improved this time around. The wheels look awesome, and I agree a set of lowering springs will really take this car to the next level. Thank you for your understanding and patience on the matter.

If there is anything else we can do, we are just a call, email, or PM away. Best of luck and thanks again!

-Dan
Old 05-08-2014, 12:52 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
so even after all that the rim still came with a scratch lol brutal but at least your happy!... rims look great!
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:55 PM   #94

I put a couple more scratches in the lug holes myself. There is very little clearance to get a socket in the hole. After the first wheel I wrapped my socket in masking tape and didn't have any more issues with scratching. A little touch-up paint and it's good to go.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:20 PM   #95
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
...Best of luck and thanks again!

-Dan
Last year I bought a set of gray staggered AMRs with P-Zeros. They arrived in perfect condition and relatively straight boxes. I don't know if this matters or not but mine came via FedEx and not UPS. Everything I have ever bought from AM comes FedEx and everything has always been damage free. I credit both companies and will spend lots more there.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:00 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Sorry. I'm not touching up something that shouldn't be there to begin with. Besides these wheels come with a 1 year finish warranty. I only plan on having them for a year or so and then selling them. Then I'll go with a lighter wheel. I just have to get tires now, and you can't beat the price on these. By the time I get tires and installation that takes me to $1200. Why not get these for $1500 and resell a year later for $600 or so? Then I had new tires and actually make $300 back as if I'm renting the wheels and tires.

That's pretty solid thinking…I'll have to remember that next time it's my turn.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:41 AM   #97
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
Last year I bought a set of gray staggered AMRs with P-Zeros. They arrived in perfect condition and relatively straight boxes. I don't know if this matters or not but mine came via FedEx and not UPS. Everything I have ever bought from AM comes FedEx and everything has always been damage free. I credit both companies and will spend lots more there.
That is really odd, because we actually only have contracts with UPS and the postal service. I'm glad it has worked out for you so far, but that is certainly peculiar to say the least.

Either way, I'm please to hear to hear your products have arrived safely, and you are pleased with our work. Thank you for loyalty, and kind words, it is greatly appreciated.

-Dan
Old 05-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #98
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
That is really odd, because we actually only have contracts with UPS and the postal service. I'm glad it has worked out for you so far, but that is certainly peculiar to say the least.

Either way, I'm please to hear to hear your products have arrived safely, and you are pleased with our work. Thank you for loyalty, and kind words, it is greatly appreciated.

-Dan
Dan, you are correct. As it turns out, the person receiving the items is the odd one. When I asked about this, they said, "FedEx, UPS, what's the difference? I stand corrected. I still contend that everything I have received has been in great condition. Just lucky I guess.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:31 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Dan I just made 52 post do I pm u when I wanna buy something or u give me a code thats just mine?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT