Watts Link..... Which one - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-09-2014, 02:16 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NorCal
Region: California
Posts: 22
Yes, this is my daily driver. Im running the the CorteX Extreme Grip racing suspension tuned for the street. Strut and shock valving is customer set up by CorteX with Koni internals. 450 lbs springs in the front and 200 lbs springs in the rear. The front struts are offset so I can run 10.5 inch wheels and 315 sized tires and they fit under the front fenders. The watts link controls the lateral movement of the rear end. I set mine for a 2 inch drop so I have 4 inches of ground clearance to the frame. The relocated tubular lower control arms help with planting the tires along with the torque arm.

The ride quality is superb. A night and day difference from the stock Mustang track pack suspension. The harshness of the factory suspension is gone. The rear is not floaty and does not become unsettled in corners. Reduced nose dive on breaking and nose pitch up under acceleration. Reduced body roll and good turn in. I use a negative 1.5 degrees camber in the front struts. The ride is firm but smooth. You would almost think you were riding in a different car.

I would recommend any of the CorteX products. They are not cheap and I had to budget for them. I'm glad I did, it has been well worth the money.

If you ever make it up to NorCal, let me know and i'll take you on a ride.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT DIB, Track Package, Recaro Seats, Reverse Sensing/Security
Ordered: 3/14/2013
Built: 4/29/2013
Picked up: 5/14/2013
55R2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-09-2014, 02:55 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
11socal50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ventura
Region: California
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55R2014 View Post
Yes, this is my daily driver. Im running the the CorteX Extreme Grip racing suspension tuned for the street. Strut and shock valving is customer set up by CorteX with Koni internals. 450 lbs springs in the front and 200 lbs springs in the rear. The front struts are offset so I can run 10.5 inch wheels and 315 sized tires and they fit under the front fenders. The watts link controls the lateral movement of the rear end. I set mine for a 2 inch drop so I have 4 inches of ground clearance to the frame. The relocated tubular lower control arms help with planting the tires along with the torque arm.

The ride quality is superb. A night and day difference from the stock Mustang track pack suspension. The harshness of the factory suspension is gone. The rear is not floaty and does not become unsettled in corners. Reduced nose dive on breaking and nose pitch up under acceleration. Reduced body roll and good turn in. I use a negative 1.5 degrees camber in the front struts. The ride is firm but smooth. You would almost think you were riding in a different car.

I would recommend any of the CorteX products. They are not cheap and I had to budget for them. I'm glad I did, it has been well worth the money.

If you ever make it up to NorCal, let me know and i'll take you on a ride.
Sounds amazing, I will definitely take you up on your offer of I'm ever up north

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
11socal50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:59 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NorCal
Region: California
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11socal50 View Post
Sounds amazing, I will definitely take you up on your offer of I'm ever up north

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
Cool man, sounds good. I look forward to it. There is a possibility I may drive down to LA at the end of the month. If I do, I will let you know.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT DIB, Track Package, Recaro Seats, Reverse Sensing/Security
Ordered: 3/14/2013
Built: 4/29/2013
Picked up: 5/14/2013
55R2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-09-2014, 03:02 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
11socal50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ventura
Region: California
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55R2014 View Post
Cool man, sounds good. I look forward to it. There is a possibility I may drive down to LA at the end of the month. If I do, I will let you know.
please do, you have to drive on *highway 33, my favorite place to test the suspension out

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
11socal50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:27 AM   #40
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55R2014 View Post
Yes, this is my daily driver. Im running the the CorteX Extreme Grip racing suspension tuned for the street. Strut and shock valving is customer set up by CorteX with Koni internals. 450 lbs springs in the front and 200 lbs springs in the rear. The front struts are offset so I can run 10.5 inch wheels and 315 sized tires and they fit under the front fenders. The watts link controls the lateral movement of the rear end. I set mine for a 2 inch drop so I have 4 inches of ground clearance to the frame. The relocated tubular lower control arms help with planting the tires along with the torque arm.

The ride quality is superb. A night and day difference from the stock Mustang track pack suspension. The harshness of the factory suspension is gone. The rear is not floaty and does not become unsettled in corners. Reduced nose dive on breaking and nose pitch up under acceleration. Reduced body roll and good turn in. I use a negative 1.5 degrees camber in the front struts. The ride is firm but smooth. You would almost think you were riding in a different car.

I would recommend any of the CorteX products. They are not cheap and I had to budget for them. I'm glad I did, it has been well worth the money.

If you ever make it up to NorCal, let me know and i'll take you on a ride.

What part of NorCal?
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:30 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NorCal
Region: California
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
What part of NorCal?
I'm in the Sacramento area.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT DIB, Track Package, Recaro Seats, Reverse Sensing/Security
Ordered: 3/14/2013
Built: 4/29/2013
Picked up: 5/14/2013
55R2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:33 AM   #42
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Watts Link..... Which one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55R2014 View Post
I'm in the Sacramento area.

Me too! I'm in South Sac, near Elk Grove. Are you going to the 50 Reasons Car Show at Sacramento Raceway on the 18th?
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:14 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NorCal
Region: California
Posts: 22
I didn't now about it but I can see if can make it for a couple hours or so. I actually work in Elk Grove so we could meet up after I get off of work as well.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT DIB, Track Package, Recaro Seats, Reverse Sensing/Security
Ordered: 3/14/2013
Built: 4/29/2013
Picked up: 5/14/2013
55R2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:17 AM   #44
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55R2014 View Post
I didn't now about it but I can see if can make it for a couple hours or so. I actually work in Elk Grove so we could meet up after I get off of work as well.

Ok. It's a really cool show. Lots of cars and has MM&FF coverage. Another guy on here, Terminator will be there.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #45
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1399652352.840525.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	647.0 KB
ID:	156371
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NorCal
Region: California
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Ok. It's a really cool show. Lots of cars and has MM&FF coverage. Another guy on here, Terminator will be there.
Okay cool. I'm checking my calendar now...and then with the "Boss" to see if we can shorten or move items on my honey-do list....lol
__________________
2014 Mustang GT DIB, Track Package, Recaro Seats, Reverse Sensing/Security
Ordered: 3/14/2013
Built: 4/29/2013
Picked up: 5/14/2013
55R2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:29 AM   #47
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Awesome. This club puts on a lot of events during the year. This and the one in October are their big ones. More so the one in October with the police escort..... I also like to go to those night time car meets on weekends in parking lots, don't know if that is your type of thing though.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NorCal
Region: California
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Awesome. This club puts on a lot of events during the year. This and the one in October are their big ones. More so the one in October with the police escort..... I also like to go to those night time car meets on weekends in parking lots, don't know if that is your type of thing though.
I would love to hang out at some of the car meet ups. I just don't know of any. It would be nice to tap-in to some.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT DIB, Track Package, Recaro Seats, Reverse Sensing/Security
Ordered: 3/14/2013
Built: 4/29/2013
Picked up: 5/14/2013
55R2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #49
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55R2014 View Post
I would love to hang out at some of the car meet ups. I just don't know of any. It would be nice to tap-in to some.

I'll PM you so we don't jack this thread any more lol
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NorCal
Region: California
Posts: 22
Cool, sounds good!
__________________
2014 Mustang GT DIB, Track Package, Recaro Seats, Reverse Sensing/Security
Ordered: 3/14/2013
Built: 4/29/2013
Picked up: 5/14/2013
55R2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whiteline Watts Link Rear Suspension NewMtang 2011-2014 Mustang GT 5 01-08-2014 02:04 PM
Whiteline Watts Link Rear Suspension NewMtang General Mustang Discussion 17 12-24-2013 08:03 PM
Whiteline watts link group buy? HPFury 2011-2014 Mustang GT 7 10-31-2013 01:27 PM
Watts Link Solomo2 2005-2010 Mustang GT 20 09-20-2012 01:55 PM
All members that link to their garage via sig need to update link! Brent ME Site Help & Announcements 5 03-21-2005 06:34 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



08:16 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.