First mods on 2014 GT 5.0 with track pack - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
First mods on 2014 GT 5.0 with track pack

After reading all the posts here and there and going to a specialized shop for an oil change I did not really need the owner showed me all his cars and mods etc.

So we have decided to go with the exhaust line first and the the cold air intake. This post is about the exhaust. I want something that will give me a bit more power AND sound AND no drone.

So the owner suggested the following:

magnaflow street catback x-pipe (3inch all the way)

(he showed me the stock exhaust with the H-pipe and different sizes and the canks in the line and what it looks like amateur welding)

I just called and he said that magnaflow does not have that while keeping the resonators or something like that.

So I thought I would get some feedbacks from here.

Thank you in advance!
jeanmorissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
i have magnaflow competition catback with x pipe and I dont have any drone..

rockhillgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

@rockhillgt. How d oyou find JLTCF CAI? Also they suggested I go with 19/10inch wheels and new summer tires to add to the handling (I don't believe I will do the summer with the stock Pzero anyway), did you change your wheels?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2014, 12:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I would skip the CAI and put that money toward suspension upgrades and a dyno tune. The Stock CAI is pretty good and I wish I would have put my $300 toward something else.
Competition Auto Dyno 93Race Tune, Flowmaster Outlaw Axle-Back, JLT Oil Separator, Barton Two-Post Shifter, Airaid CAI, BMR LCA w/relocation bracket, SR Performance Adj Panhard Bar, Whiteline Panhard Bar Support Brace, MM camber plates, Koni STR Shocks/Struts, Steeda Ultralight Springs. Future Mods: aluminum Driveshaft, Barton short throw shifter, BMR adj UCA, long tubes/H-Pipe
2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

@2014GT, 10-4 will discuss this with that shop's owner!
Old 05-01-2014, 12:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Yeah don't pay full price on a CAI. I put a Boss intake on my car and instead of spending $200 for the Boss tube I found a used Steeda CAI on craigslist for the same price. I find CAI kits on craigslist all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:31 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014GT View Post
I would skip the CAI and put that money toward suspension upgrades and a dyno tune. The Stock CAI is pretty good and I wish I would have put my $300 toward something else.
CAI adds maybe a whopping 1-2hp after tune. But what it does do is give your car an induction sound like King Kong roaring. Great sound to be heard from the front as you drive towards people. The stock CAI is just too quiet although very effective.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
CAI adds maybe a whopping 1-2hp after tune. But what it does do is give your car an induction sound like King Kong roaring. Great sound to be heard from the front as you drive towards people. The stock CAI is just too quiet although very effective.
I agree my CAI defiantly improved sound. I just don't know it the sound improvement was worth $350. I guess that would be subjective

Sent from my HTC One X using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Competition Auto Dyno 93Race Tune, Flowmaster Outlaw Axle-Back, JLT Oil Separator, Barton Two-Post Shifter, Airaid CAI, BMR LCA w/relocation bracket, SR Performance Adj Panhard Bar, Whiteline Panhard Bar Support Brace, MM camber plates, Koni STR Shocks/Struts, Steeda Ultralight Springs. Future Mods: aluminum Driveshaft, Barton short throw shifter, BMR adj UCA, long tubes/H-Pipe
Old 05-04-2014, 02:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

OP I found a stress CAI at a ford dealership for $100 a couple years ago for my 2010GT. They like to return the veh to stock and remove the aftermarket parts. Not sure if all dealers do this

Sent from my HTC One X using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT