What am I missing??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Question What am I missing???

Ok my suspension install is scheduled for next Saturday so if I'm missing a part I need to order it ASAP.

Here is my List of parts on hand:

Koni str shocks
Koni str struts
GT500 Mounts
Steeda ultralight Springs
BMR LCA
BMR LCA relocation bracket
SR adj Panhard Bar
Whiteline panhard Bar support
Camber Bolts
FRPP Jounce Bumper kit

I will upgrade the sway bars and UCA if these mods don't give me what I want.

So what am I missing???? FYI- I don't track or drag strip the car.
Competition Auto Dyno 93Race Tune, Flowmaster Outlaw Axle-Back, JLT Oil Separator, Barton Two-Post Shifter, Airaid CAI, BMR LCA w/relocation bracket, SR Performance Adj Panhard Bar, Whiteline Panhard Bar Support Brace, MM camber plates, Koni STR Shocks/Struts, Steeda Ultralight Springs. Future Mods: aluminum Driveshaft, Barton short throw shifter, BMR adj UCA, long tubes/H-Pipe
2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #2
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
You should be perfectly fine with that setup. I'm assuming you are making sure to buy 05-10 Koni struts to mate with the GT500 strut mounts?

Also, you'll be okay with using the factory UCA if still using the stock two piece driveshaft. If you've upgraded to the stronger one piece, you'll definitely need to fix the rear pinion angle with an adjustable UCA.

Otherwise, I think you'll be very happy with this suspension upgrade. The car should feel completely different on the road!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
You should be perfectly fine with that setup. I'm assuming you are making sure to buy 05-10 Koni struts to mate with the GT500 strut mounts?

Also, you'll be okay with using the factory UCA if still using the stock two piece driveshaft. If you've upgraded to the stronger one piece, you'll definitely need to fix the rear pinion angle with an adjustable UCA.

Otherwise, I think you'll be very happy with this suspension upgrade. The car should feel completely different on the road!

Shane
That sucks! I used the AM chat last night before I ordered the GT500 mounts and the expert told me they are not required but are recommended. Looks like I will be sending them back......

But thanks for the Info Shane. I have not yet updated the driveshaft
Competition Auto Dyno 93Race Tune, Flowmaster Outlaw Axle-Back, JLT Oil Separator, Barton Two-Post Shifter, Airaid CAI, BMR LCA w/relocation bracket, SR Performance Adj Panhard Bar, Whiteline Panhard Bar Support Brace, MM camber plates, Koni STR Shocks/Struts, Steeda Ultralight Springs. Future Mods: aluminum Driveshaft, Barton short throw shifter, BMR adj UCA, long tubes/H-Pipe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2014, 02:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
How much did they quote you for the install?
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I have a hook up at a shop 100 miles away so what I'm paying is very low. I was quoted from local shops between $700-$800. I'm paying a fraction of that

Sent from my HTC One X using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-02-2014, 04:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
If you're using GT500 mounts then you don't need camber bolts. Just install them with the arrows pointed towards the motor. And I would use the BMR adjustable panhard bar and their springs.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Spring isolators? Unless you're going to take them off the OEM springs

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
11socal50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:44 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
If you're using GT500 mounts then you don't need camber bolts. Just install them with the arrows pointed towards the motor. And I would use the BMR adjustable panhard bar and their springs.
My Koni Struts are direct fit 2011+ versions and Shane states that I can not use the GT500 Mounts. I'm trying to find info on my stock mounts and see if I really need to get caster camber plates with a 1.25" drop.

Kicking myself for not getting the 2010 Koni strut. Oh well
Old 05-03-2014, 08:45 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11socal50 View Post
Spring isolators? Unless you're going to take them off the OEM springs

I only have 2500 miles on this car so the stock isolators should be in pretty good shape. Plus doing a quick search for 2011+ spring isolators gave me nothing.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:51 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Suspension Ordered
check out post #14, the silicone sleeves that go around the bottom coil on the front springs
Old 05-03-2014, 09:29 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Don't forget the anodized tow hook and wheelie bars. That will show you mean bidness.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:48 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
Don't forget the anodized tow hook and wheelie bars. That will show you mean bidness.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Or fake vents

Old 05-03-2014, 11:13 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
What am I missing???

Stickers, the more the better. Depending on how you set them up some will add 5 hp, each.
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:08 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014GT View Post
I have a hook up at a shop 100 miles away so what I'm paying is very low. I was quoted from local shops between $700-$800. I'm paying a fraction of that

Holy fork $7-800 for all that? Where do u get it installed? Let us know how's the quality. Hell I would drive for those prices especially if its good work.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:36 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Those were the quoted prices. Like I said I have a hook up so I'm only paying $300. It's 150miles away but worth it. Gotta keep my hook up on the down low sorry

Old 05-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clink View Post
Stickers, the more the better. Depending on how you set them up some will add 5 hp, each.
Lol if that was true I'd completely cover my car

Old 05-06-2014, 02:39 PM   #17
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
That sucks! I used the AM chat last night before I ordered the GT500 mounts and the expert told me they are not required but are recommended. Looks like I will be sending them back......

2014GT,

Glad I could help, but it's unfortunate you were given the wrong info. Someone must have been thinking of the old Koni STR.T's. As we didn't use to carry them for the 11-14 Mustangs.

Were you able to setup a return already? If not, let me know. I can do most of the leg work for you. Just send me a PM with your First/Last name and shipping address.

To answer your other question about strut mounts. You can certainly sport the factory strut mounts. Plus the camber bolts for any extra adjustment that you need.

Give me a shout if I can assist you with anything else!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 05-06-2014, 08:46 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
2014GT,

Glad I could help, but it's unfortunate you were given the wrong info. Someone must have been thinking of the old Koni STR.T's. As we didn't use to carry them for the 11-14 Mustangs.

Were you able to setup a return already? If not, let me know. I can do most of the leg work for you. Just send me a PM with your First/Last name and shipping address.

To answer your other question about strut mounts. You can certainly sport the factory strut mounts. Plus the camber bolts for any extra adjustment that you need.

Give me a shout if I can assist you with anything else!

Shane
Thanks Shane I will be in touch. I just ordered the maximum motorsports camber plates from AM last night so I will not be needing the camber bolts.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:08 PM   #19
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:

Quote:
Thanks Shane I will be in touch. I just ordered the maximum motorsports camber plates from AM last night so I will not be needing the camber bolts.
Even better! I have no doubt you'll be happy with the MM caster/camber plates. I usually suggest camber bolts to customers to help keep costs down for them. Especially for street cars that don't see the track often or at all. However, fully adjustable CC plates is always ideal!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 05-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Just so I understand,

KONI Mustang STR.T Front Strut 8750 1108 (11-14 All; Excludes GT500) - Free Shipping does NOT need GT500 mounts, right?

And the CC plates are needed for larger drops, like the eibach sportlines, right?

As a side note, any chance of AM offering the BMR springs?
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok View Post
Just so I understand,

KONI Mustang STR.T Front Strut 8750 1108 (11-14 All; Excludes GT500) - Free Shipping does NOT need GT500 mounts, right?

And the CC plates are needed for larger drops, like the eibach sportlines, right?

As a side note, any chance of AM offering the BMR springs?
11-14 koni will not work with the GT500 mounts per AM. Also from what I have learned CC plates are not required for drops less than 1.5".

Old 05-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #22
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Correct, exactly as 2014GT said above. ^^^

GT500 strut mounts only work with 05-10 GT or v6 struts. If you purchase 11-14 GT or v6 struts, you'll need camber bolts or CC plates. Of course, lots of guys get away with nothing on their 11-14 Mustangs when lowering 1.5" or less.

Hope this helps clarify things!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 05-17-2014, 12:51 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Install completed and it looks and handles much better. Lowered more than I expected and I feel much more planted to the road. Nose dive is pretty much gone and it is smoother going over bumps. Happy camper here

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT