Custom Breather System- Race Proven - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-02-2014, 05:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Custom Breather System- Race Proven

I never liked the cheap *** catch can system developed for the Coyote but more over, they still let some blow by get into the intake. After doing a ton of research, I went the valve cover breather route. Been great so far. I am concerned though since we are going FI, I feel we will have some oil escape the breather and be something that we would have to stay on top of to keep the bay clean. On another forum that is dominated by road racers, many of the top race teams and Ford teams run a custom breather setup. On the other forum, a member took the time to make a great parts list and "how too". I made my own with a few of my own touches to fit the looks and theme of our engine bay. You could save a ton of $ if you went with a less expensive alternative for the hose and clamps. I think this just looks professional and clean.

Here are the parts needed. Mind you, 7&8 you should already have
Parts:

1. (1) - Peterson Fluid Systems 08-0400 Breather Can with AN -12 Ports (about $90), Link: http://amzn.to/WOzGUC
  2. (2) - Summit 220244B - AN -10 to AN -12 Adapter Black (about $10.25/ea.)
  3. (2) - Earl's AT800110ERL - AN -10 ST Ano-Tuff Swivel-Seal Hose Ends (about $13.25/ea.)
  4. (2) - Fragola E-Z Clamp Hose End, -10 AN - Black (about $6.95/ea.)
  5. (1) - Earl's 350610ERL - AN -10 PRO-LITE 350 HOSE 6 FOOT (about $57.95)
  6. (1) - Dorman 02253 - Bypass Cap Assortment (about $5.00) + (2) hose clamps to secure the caps.

OEM Parts:
  7. (1) - CR3Z-6A664-A - HOSE VENT ($9.44)
  8. (1) - 4L2Z-6762-AA - ELBOW, CRANKCASE VENT ($11.31)

Here is a racers install of the breather system

Here is the system on a Boss 302R

Here is the one I built. I painted the can, 3M carbon fiber wrapped it, and used stainless steel blackener to blacken the Stainless Steel T-Bolt mounting bracket.

2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2014, 10:13 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
Clean looking
r_neck7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

thats a nice setup, but the Amazon link says $160 while you have it at $90, great looking setup, but I believe Ill get the Bobs system for $200
scott_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
You should just ditch the driver window in favor of a window net too. Who needs those things.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
LOL.......typical Compstall ******bag comment. Let me spell it to you. We are adding a supercharger to the motor next week. I could leave on the stock setup with a PCV valve and line to the intake and suck oil into the intake while FI. (not a good idea) Could add a piece of crap JLT catch can that is about 50% effective FI. Could keep the breather filters on, but would have to stay on top of wiping down the coil covers. Now , no window net needed, showing some alternate ways people can deal with venting the Coyote.....race net LOL you are a *** talking **** with your '11 Bama tuned POS! you got cred comp
To answer your question.......people who want to go fast.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:26 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
You liked it

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Wow looks awesome!
Gotta Have It Green GT 2013 | Recaro | Brembo | Track | 3.73 Rear End | Boss 302 Intake Manifold -Dynatech Long Tube Headers - Magnaflow Full Exhaust & Tru X Pipe 3 - JLT Intake- SCT 91 Tune - BMR Pan Hard Bar - SR Performance Sway Bar Kit - Steeda Strut Bar - MGW Shifter Kit - Hankook RS3 275 Rear - Hawk HPS Brake Pads - Roush Front Lip & Roush Full Side Skirts
Hulk 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT