bummed out over exhaust... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
From the multiple stories lately it sounds like AM needs a new warehouse manager immediately. Customer service doesn't always fix everything.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
GrabberBlue13GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Way to grave dig, haha. Regardless, AM's still f*cking up now. Get your sh*t together AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
I ordered my gt500 exhaust from AM about 10 days ago and got it 6 business days later (i live far from them so that's a normal shipping process for me)... put them on 3 days ago now and all I can say is that I FRIKKEN LOVE THEM!!!

A little history: I'm not a little rich fawker. Father of 2 as a paramedic (the lowest paid medical profession - even though I go to your house and bring you back from the dead sometimes)...
So what I'm trying to say is that I'm molding my stang on a budget here...

With mufflers giving you absolutely NO performance gains, I even had a hard time spending $300 on these...
But i'm glad I bought these and not any others...
For my 2014 5.0, these things sound good and calm at idle, good and roaring at WOT... All around I am 100% satisfied...

Mine weren't fudged up from the distributor either...
Maybe I got lucky. Who knows

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fivepointwut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2014, 12:30 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, it happens. My friend ordered some pullies for his 98 and they were packaged all stupid and the crank bolt was missing.

Sloww_3V 🚗💨💨
Sloww_3V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #40
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
It is weird because I just recently got my outlaws from am and if anything they were over packaged. I felt like I had to dig through the box for an hour to get to the damn things lol. Tips were wrapped up and then put in a little box to protect them. All in all they were perfect

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
It is weird because I just recently got my outlaws from am and if anything they were over packaged. I felt like I had to dig through the box for an hour to get to the damn things lol. Tips were wrapped up and then put in a little box to protect them.
Same exact thing with mine!!! Tips were well protected and mine were inside a box that was inside another box! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fivepointwut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:28 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I just ordered my GT500 axleback yesterday from AM, should arrive today, hopefully it arrives with no problem because I plan to install it right after I get off work tomorrow.
Old 08-16-2014, 12:56 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Picked up my GT500 axle backs from Tommie Vaughn in Houston. Double boxed and no dents or rust. X pipe box though looked it had been on the bottom of a BIG pile for a while!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-16-2014, 02:05 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Got my GT500 axle back from AM and just installed it, took me 2 hours, but first time doing it, so I'm proud of myself, haha.

Mine came with no damage or problems, it was double boxed and the tips were wrapped with bubble wrap. Looks like it was boxed from Ford Racing.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:41 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

I will say that AM came through this time. I ordered my GT500 axlebacks from them on Tuesday morning and they were at my apartment waiting for me when I got home from work Friday night. And I'm in Houston so that's pretty damn impressive to me. If anything they overpackaged mine as well. Each muffler was in its own box and both boxes were in a bigger box and both tips were bubble wrapped. Packaging was awesome. Although I highly doubt that AM packages these themselves. I'm thinking that they get to AM pre-boxed. Somehow with all of that packaging both of my mufflers were dented in several spots. I was half tempted to send them back and ask them how the packaging could be so flawless and that the mufflers can BOTH still be damaged upon arriving on my doorstep. But seeing as how I don't think that they would have done anything about it for me I just bolted them up last weekend. Maybe someone from AM can chime in on this?
DWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:00 PM   #46
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWoody View Post
I will say that AM came through this time. I ordered my GT500 axlebacks from them on Tuesday morning and they were at my apartment waiting for me when I got home from work Friday night. And I'm in Houston so that's pretty damn impressive to me. If anything they overpackaged mine as well. Each muffler was in its own box and both boxes were in a bigger box and both tips were bubble wrapped. Packaging was awesome. Although I highly doubt that AM packages these themselves. I'm thinking that they get to AM pre-boxed. Somehow with all of that packaging both of my mufflers were dented in several spots. I was half tempted to send them back and ask them how the packaging could be so flawless and that the mufflers can BOTH still be damaged upon arriving on my doorstep. But seeing as how I don't think that they would have done anything about it for me I just bolted them up last weekend. Maybe someone from AM can chime in on this?
I think that comes down to the shipment itself. Maybe they should start labeling them as fragile so people won't thrash them so bad.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:23 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

That's the thing though. The boxes don't have any marks or wrinkles or ANYTHING on them. The boxes were flawless but the mufflers were all beat up. So they got beat up before they were boxed for shipment. So I'm guessing AM had nothing to do with it.
DWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:28 PM   #48
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWoody View Post
That's the thing though. The boxes don't have any marks or wrinkles or ANYTHING on them. The boxes were flawless but the mufflers were all beat up. So they got beat up before they were boxed for shipment. So I'm guessing AM had nothing to do with it.
Maybe they were packaged that well because somebody knows they messed up

Old 08-28-2014, 09:53 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
GrubberMeBlue I'm not slamming your ***** happens comment either lol.

But you're absolutely right. I've posted before that being #1 in CS is great and all but its like being winning the presidential election of a nation of hobos and delinquents. Or you win a beauty pageant but everyone else competing against you had no teeth or were off springs of a donkey and a giraffe mixed with some chimp DNA.

If AM had better quality control they would:
1.) Save cost of returns/shipping
2.) Save cost in CS cuz they'd deal less with customer issues
3.) Have a relatively six sigma flawless business track record on CS and quality etc.
4.) And any AM bashers out there would be won over and the company's PR would be pristine.

But overall I am still happy with them cuz I trust they will do what they can to stand behind their products and services.
Problem with your analogy, your talking about a company that makes millions and millions of dollars. If they only have a 2-3% in returns they will gladly take that and run with it. It would probably cost more and less products would be shipped out, that would do a lot more harm than good.

Years ago, when they had the old analog cell phones, my phone was cloned. I had a $1,300 log distance bill from my cell company. Of course I didn't have to pay it, the cell phone company got to write off the loses on their taxes. They would have lost more money to try and prosecute the criminals.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust