Offroad Midpipe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-06-2014, 01:16 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Offroad Midpipe

Ok, I hope this sounds ok. Been think about getting a offroad midpipe in place of my cats for my next mod. The ones I am finding are around $250. My question is, can i just have those two cats cut out and have two pieces of pipe (preferably stainless) wielded in place of my cats? I know that would be a fraction of the cost.
first.stang14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2014, 01:30 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
You could do that but the stock midpipe is restrictive

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
11socal50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:19 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by first.stang14 View Post
Ok, I hope this sounds ok. Been think about getting a offroad midpipe in place of my cats for my next mod. The ones I am finding are around $250. My question is, can i just have those two cats cut out and have two pieces of pipe (preferably stainless) wielded in place of my cats? I know that would be a fraction of the cost.
U can do BBK or Jegs cat deletes! They do exactly what u want. I think they go for $150.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2014, 11:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
The JBA H-pipe on AM has separate cat delete tubes included. This is the main reason that they are on my build list - I need to pass emissions on occasion, so my plan is to reinstall the stock cats and tune about a week prior to my e-check, and then go back to the catless setup immediately after passing. BAMA is already on board with this idea, I just need to quit bein so poor and buy the damn thing...

Not sure what a local shop would charge to fab up something, but the JBA setup is ~300bucks and it is everything you need (except the tuner, which I assume you already have)
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
my Pypes Off road (cat delete) H pipe was $299. Love it
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I got my BBR off road x for around $350 and love it. You'll be hard-pressed to find a shop that will do a cat delete. Plus if you ever get pulled over and ticketed for illegal exhaust, you'll be SOL if you hacked up the original midpipe. I keep mine in storage for that very reason.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:29 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
My muffler shop cut out and welded in pipe for $30.. I live in a small town and that was not stainless.. Then ordered a bbk x that replaces the factory h for like $169.. This is until I decide if I want turbo or supercharger/headers. Cheap.. More/better sound.. More power. And can prolly sell the x later
Old 05-06-2014, 10:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSconvert View Post
I got my BBR off road x for around $350 and love it. You'll be hard-pressed to find a shop that will do a cat delete. Plus if you ever get pulled over and ticketed for illegal exhaust, you'll be SOL if you hacked up the original midpipe. I keep mine in storage for that very reason.

Depends on where you live.. Muffler shops here cuts off cats all day long.. Literally.. Most the vehicles they do are rednecks w glass packs or straights. There's no inspection here.. The cops don't have cats on their personal cars lol
Old 05-07-2014, 01:04 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
Depends on where you live.. Muffler shops here cuts off cats all day long.. Literally.. Most the vehicles they do are rednecks w glass packs or straights. There's no inspection here.. The cops don't have cats on their personal cars lol
Haha dude it's the same here. I've talked with several officers about our illegal exhausts. No inspections or emissions laws aside from the standard mandatory catalytic converters. I called a few shops asking about something similar and they said no way. It wasn't til I showed up with cash that they decided to work with me, lol. But even still I try to stay out of downtown where it echoes to high heaven. The cops on the downtown beat aren't as friendly as most of the others.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:12 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Like it's really not even a deal here.. No one here has EVER gotten a ticket or even questioned about cats here.. Again this is small town AR though.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:56 PM   #11

Region: Rhode Island
Gotta love SC, I've heard the loudest of the loudest on the street and not get tickets, everything from performance cars to fast bikes to redneck trucks. I wanted the bassani off-road x-pipe I though it bolted in place after the cats, I'm only at 4,000 miles on mine really don't wanna void the earranty
Wanacustomx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:15 AM   #12
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by first.stang14 View Post
Hey,

You can definitely have a shop cut the cats out and replace it with new piping no problem. A lot of people also just have the factory cats gutted out and essentially giving the same result. However, as mentioned, even the straight piping is quite restrictive and you still wont see the benefits as you would with a new mid pipe.

If I was in your position, I would go with an inexpensive off road mid pipe such as a Pypes or JBA. I think it will give you better results than cutting or gutting out the cats. Either way, you have your head in the right place, and getting rid of the cats in general will pick you up some noticeable power and sound.

I hope this helps, and if you have any questions, feel free to get in touch. Best of luck!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT