Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Cobra jet manifold

3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Hulk 5.0 
#1 ·
Who has it? I'm not interested in the boss mani so please no fights over the to just looking to see who has it and their experience

#2 ·
I have a friend with 11gt and he has tune, jlt jntake, headers, boss intake manifold, x pipe and axel backs and he was 430-440whp. He upgraded to cobra jet intake mani, bigger throttle body and cams and he is 505whp. His stang is a beast and his experience is to be envy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

#4 ·
We are both in puerto rico and he is not a member of this forum. But I know some members can jump in and share as well. Im considering go this route also, on my signature you can see my mods and on 91oct tune I dynoed 439whp.

#6 ·
No. But this is his car. Ill try tomorrow.to get pics of the engine bay. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Sports car

#7 ·
Other than a couple I can immediately bring to mind, it seems most people who has info they want to share of some amazing setup are always speaking on behalf of someone they know or of someone who knows someone who's married to the plumber who's working on the house of this someone's twice removed cousins babysitter's ex-coworker.

#8 ·
Lmao

#9 ·
Not sure what information you're wanting. As far as the numbers go, it seems there's no loss of torque like with the Boss, slightly higher horsepower and a higher peak.

#12 ·
The cobra jet is worth it if you go with FI, if you stay NA you will need cams to take advantage of it. As its meant to rev to 8000. The stock cams are only good to the top of 7400.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

* the power starts dropping off after 7400 with stock cams.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#16 ·
Thats how my buddy has it. He went with cams, bigger throttle body and bigger intake.
On the other hand.. isnt this a 2k project? I was thinking about going this route but Im looking at this On3performance.com
Twin turbo complete set.

#19 ·
Yeah im more inclined to that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.