Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Motorcraft 10W40 Synthetic

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  kaper232 
#1 ·
What do you guys thinking on the Ford Recommended Motorcraft 10W40 Synthetic oil?
It will soon be my 3rd oil change and trying to decide if I should just continue sticking with the Motorcraft or to switch it up.

I heard if you're not constantly racing down the track, the 10W40 does the job. On the other hand, if driven hard frequently, Amsoil or Royal Purple would be the better bet?

How many of you use Motorcraft 10W40 Synthetic?

#2 ·
Maybe im lost but...

Maybe I am lost but thought they state 5-20W Multi-Blend for the GT. Unless racing? I am now interested even more in this posting.
I never understood why the 50W for racing verses 20W driving? Long driving would heat up more in the long run..

I am now sitting back to read..

#3 ·
I also have not seen 10w40 recommend by ford. Only 5w20 and 5w50. Side note: I'm considering using amsoil SS 10w30.......

Sent from my HTC One X using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#7 ·
What do you guys thinking on the Ford Recommended Motorcraft 10W40 Synthetic oil?
It will soon be my 3rd oil change and trying to decide if I should just continue sticking with the Motorcraft or to switch it up.

I heard if you're not constantly racing down the track, the 10W40 does the job. On the other hand, if driven hard frequently, Amsoil or Royal Purple would be the better bet?

How many of you use Motorcraft 10W40 Synthetic?
Since when did ford change the oil recommendations to 10W 40. I thought it was standard 5W 20 or 5W 50 for Boss or track pac on Gt models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.