Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Suspension and tires or exhaust and intake?

Tags
exhaust
2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  2014GTCS 
#1 ·
Can someone please better inform tell me the advantages or recommendations if I were to get the suspension and tires first as opposed to getting the exhaust and intake first. I've seen pros and cons for many but well someone better enlighten me?

#6 · (Edited)
IMO

1. axle-Back + tune
2. suspension + tires
3. longtube + H-pipe + re-tune

CAI sounds cool but IMO doesn't add performance over the stock CAI

Reactions: c_rizzle
#8 ·
I completely redid my suspension first. I also thought the stock power levels were fine, but the nose diving, and body rolling with the 4x4 look certainly were not fine lol. I'll be doing long tubes and a tune next year with new wheels and tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#9 ·
I've been going back & forth what to do next.

My first mod was: FRPP GT500 axle backs & I love them.

Next up: either tune or suspension.

The problem I'm really having is deciding what to do suspension wise.

Go cheap & just get 1" lowering springs $200. Or go with a full handling package $1000+ (springs, shocks, struts, strut mounts, sway bars)

If I go with just springs, I'll get the tune right now. If I get the full handling package, I'll be close to $2k by the time I pay to get it installed & realigned.

Any body in the New Orleans area with just lowering spring want to let me test drive their car? I want to know if that alone is enough for me, or if I need the full package to get the handling where I'm used to. (I'm coming from a Porsche Cayman S, so handling would never be as good!)

#10 · (Edited)
Regardless if it's "enough" for you, just springs will wear out oem suspension components no matter how slight the drop. I'd do a full suspension package minus the sways. Unless you plan on doing road races or auto x events. The stock sways are plenty, if all you're doing is DD'ing and maybe some spirited driving here and there. I got away with full koni suspension, panhard rod, springs, LCA's, LCA relo's, UCA w/bracket for right around a G note. Car handles/launches pretty damn good now. That's my suggestion to everyone with an S197. For the more hardcore driving enthusiast, get coils.

PS I also saved a lot of money by switching to Geico....jk. I saved a ton doing the work myself and with a buddy. I understand not everyone has the knowhow or the drive to tackle something such as suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#11 ·
Yes, you have to provide us with what you are looking to do down the road.

Adding power first is fun .. then adding the suspension next is fun too.

Either way ... you can go wrong. Let me know if I can help assist with anything or provide a a forum discount code if you are looking at any Steeda Manufactured Parts.

Best Regards,

TJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.