Mustang Evolution Forum banner

302 motor in a 2011 CS/GT?

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Green5.0 
#1 ·
I'm buying this GT tomorrow because i really like the mustang and its 5.0 coyote motor (main car is a 08 z06) lol. But what really through me off was when i popped the hood it had the 302 intake manifold. Is this jus5 aftermarket? Or did ford produce a few "rare" 302 CS editions? Its super nice,has full exhaust,no cats, gearing is way different also,and clutch is super stiff but easy to get a hang of..it has upgraded 19" wheels with 275 tires on the rears. And the suspensions definitely badass,with adjustable soft or hard ride. What do you guys think? My last mustang was 99 cobra. Any help is appreciated!

#3 ·
Looks to me like the original owner swapped on the boss 302 intake manifold. There were no. Cali special Mustangs with the boss 302 engine stock. Looks like he did a nice job making it look like a boss engine. Would be an easy swap, but I bet it's just a normal production gt 5.0

#5 · (Edited)
well someone has installed a boss 302 intake, therefore it's tuned, therefore the power train warranty is voided, which could be a problem for you down the road. since you haven't bought it yet, I'd bring this up with the salesman and verify the warranty is intact, and get it in writing so you don't get screwed

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Its super nice,has full exhaust,no cats, gearing is way different also,and clutch is super stiff but easy to get a hang of..it has upgraded 19" wheels with 275 tires on the rears.
How is a dealership selling it without its cats? I could've sworn that was illegal. I know that if any of us try to trade in one of our cars without cats, it could really screw us over.

#7 ·
I think that's not just breaking state law, but also federal law, with the cats removed.

#8 ·
if I were the OP, I walk.......no, I'd run away from this deal. I can't believe someone traded that car in modded like that, and even more surprised the dealership is selling it in that state

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.