Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Roush axle back install

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  wyobohunter 
#1 ·
Would you all recommend bolting it on myself or having an exhaust company weld it on the right way? I've heard the install is easy, but I just wanted to see what you all would recommend. My local exhaust shop wants $150 just to weld it on :/

#7 ·
Yep! I totally agree with everyone, NO WELDING!!! Why would you even consider that anyhow, it is a BOLT ON system. Also, I would do it yourself if you have a lift or can lift the rear end. I was charged $60 for them to install it. After I watched them do it, I wish I would have done it. My car only had about 1000 miles on it so the stock exhaust just really came off with no problem. Good luck, they sound amazing!!!

#12 ·
yes I would say its worth it. I mean your not going to get 20hp out of it or anything major hp gain, but the sound itself just makes your car sound WAAAAYYY different! My wife says she can hear me when Im 2 block away! if you have bothersome neighbors, dont do it!

#14 · (Edited)
Agree with others, I did the DIY bolt on and it was a snap. Don't be tempted to skip the step where you loosen the front/H pipe clamps. I tried it by skipping that step at first (per some YouTube video) and spent a lot more time cursing than was necessary. A little WD-40 really helps get the hangers out of and in to the rubber things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.