Mustang Evolution Forum banner

How low can i go?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  bigsmitty24 
#1 ·
What is the lowest I can go, suspension wise, and still be a good DD? Anyone sell a complete kit? What all should I look for (pan hard bar, etc)? I've got the stock 19" brembos but will be upgrading to 20s in the next few months.

#2 ·
I have heard from many that even 2 inches will cause rubbing on a bumpy road. I have a 2013 GT with Brenbo package and JUST upgraded to 20" a few weeks ago. Here is my suspension build list which is my next phase:

J&M Extreme Joint Lower Control Arms $189.99 Steeda Adjustable Upper Control Arms $179.99 J&M Adjustable Panhard Bar $114.99 Eibach Pro-Damper Front Struts $899.99 Eibach Pro-Damper Rear Shocks Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs Eibach 36mm Tubular Front Sway Bar Eibach 25mm Solid Rear Sway Bar Eibach Front and Rear Sway Bar Bushings Eibach Camber Bolts $34.99
The Eibach stuff other than the Camber Bolts are in the Eibach Pro System Plus Kit

#5 · (Edited)
I wouldn't go any lower than 1.5" drop in the front for a DD. On the note of suspension builds (which is also my next 'phase' - straight from my iPhone notes, don't mind the prices):

---

Suspension
• J&M Adjustable Panhard Rod - Aluminum ($114.95)

Steeda Stop the Hop Package - Lowered ($299.95 - $56.95)
• Steeda Chrome Moly Lower Control Arms ($220.45)
• Steeda Upper Control Arm - Lowered ($136.45)

Steeda Pro-Action Ultra-Lite Spring/Shock/Strut Mount Package ($914.95 - $47.40)
• Steeda Ultra-Lite Springs ($262.45)
• Steeda Pro-Action Shocks and Struts ($419.95)
• Steeda Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mounts ($279.95)

• Eibach Anti-Roll Sway Bar Kit ($429.99)

#6 ·
IMO it depends on the what you can handle. I'm lowered 1.1/1.6 on hotchkis springs and would like to go lower but the driveways/speed bumps/dips in the areas that I frequent wouldnt be too kind and there's no getting around that.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I live around some pretty decent roads and my DD is on BC Coils. I love the look. But wouldn't run this low if you are not ready to commit to it. Sounds like you are best suited for springs. I would go H&R ss imo! Here is a idea of what things look like.

(OLD setup) BC Coilovers, UCA/Mount and Panhard 19x9.5 SVE 27" Tall, Back hit UCA often, no rubbing with tires.

(new setup)BC Coilovers, UCA/Mount and Panhard 20x9.5 20x11 27.4" front and 27.8" Rear, Never rubs, never hits. Driven slowly :)

(First setup) H&R Springs, UCA/Mount and Panhard 19x9 27" Never rubbed, or had any issues. Great overall Ride!

#9 ·
I live around some pretty decent roads and my DD is on BC Coils. I love the look. But wouldn't run this low if you are not ready to commit to it. Sounds like you are best suited for springs. I would go H&R ss imo! Here is a idea of what things look like.

(OLD setup) BC Coilovers, UCA/Mount and Panhard 19x9.5 SVE 27" Tall, Back hit UCA often, no rubbing with tires.

(new setup)BC Coilovers, UCA/Mount and Panhard 20x9.5 20x11 27.4" front and 27.8" Rear, Never rubs, never hits. Driven slowly :)
http://s68.photobucket.com/user/ksnapp32/media/WP_20140424_016.jpg.html

(First setup) H&R Springs, UCA/Mount and Panhard 19x9 27" Never rubbed, or had any issues. Great overall Ride!

http://s68.photobucket.com/user/ksnapp32/media/WP_20131214_019.jpg.html
Thanks man. That is an awesome ride and great info. I definitely don't want anything to hit. That is the look I want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.