Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Aluminum Driveshaft

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  chefron50 
#1 ·
So I'm thinking about picking up a single piece aluminum D/S through Shaftmasters. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with this particular D/S or not? I also want to lower the car about 1.5 inches and wanted to know if this would create any problems or will an adjustable UCA take care of any possible issues with pinion angle etc.? Getting ready to take a trip down to FL and thought this would be a good addition to help lighten the burden of the gas bill lol. Yay 2500 mile round trip!

#3 ·
Bro, DO NOT PUT 87 OCTANE IN WHILE HAVING YOUR 93 OCTANE TUNE. If you want to fill your ride up with 87 octane, just load up a 87 octane tune. I personally run 91 octane tunes that way no matter where I travel in the country, 91 or higher is available. That's the issue with 93 octane tune, not all regions carry 93 octane fuel.

#4 ·
I have a one piece aluminium driveshaft for my 3.7 but it is manufactured by the axle exchange. I purchased it from American Muscle. I'm real happy with it and have never heard anything negative or issues about this brand. Shaftmasters is a well known brand and you should be real happy with it. The aluminium driveshaft should help free up some rwhp and provide better off line acceleration.

#5 ·
Oh I guess I didn't clarify I would run an 87 tune with the cheaper gas as well. I know better than to do that! lol thanks though. I had looked at the driveshaft AM sells but they want almost 800 for it now when they used to have it for less. Thats what drove me to look elsewhere and come across shaftmasters for only 599.

#7 · (Edited)
Lol. Sorry, my bad. I thought something else. I misunderstood, my bad. Lol. 200 dollars is definitely a difference. Doesn't AM sell a second brand one piece besides from the Axle Exchange? I have heard good things about Shaftmasters as well. I have no idea if the one piece from the axle exchange is a stronger , better compared to the one from Shaftmasters.

Shaftmasters stopped making a one piece for the 3.7 models so that wasn't even an option for me but you have a 5.0 so your good to go. I believe my one piece was just under $ 700 from AM because its for the 3.7 model. The 5.0 model is more.

#8 ·
No worries, I appreciate the concern! But yeah 200 is a big difference to me. AM sells the axle exchange one as well as the DSS version and from what I can see the main difference with the axle exchange is the diameter is 4" and shaftmasters is 3.5 like the DSS version allowing for better clearance for once I lower it. I shouldn't have problems with a 4" D/S but its still 200 more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.