Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Question for American Muscle?

3K views 49 replies 18 participants last post by  DallasStang77 
#1 ·
So long story hopefully short.

A buddy of mine who does not use the computer much has been a long time customer of AM. He has tried the In Tune and it gave him a bunch of problems data logging. He sold it on Ebay and bought a Trinity from AM. This time he got 2 tunes. The first one would surge real bad at idle when cold. He switched it for the 2nd street tune and it didn't have much timing. He tried datalogging it but the throttle blades were closing every time he get's into it. He really want's to return the whole tuner and bama tunes and go a different direction at this point.

Do you guys give refunds for this type of thing? He does not want to mess around with revisions and datalogging when both tunes are no good.

#4 ·
I have had the same problems. They won't refund or exchange for a different product. The guy Lewis on the phone told me that he has a Mac and doesn't know what I'm talking about when I mention my problems and just basically acts like I am an idiot. The only thing they said they might do it for you to call diablo and talk to them. I was shocked about how this Lewis character acted and talked, when I have dealt with American muscle before and have gotten nothing but the best customer service.

#8 ·
I've been holding back on buying a tuner and not sure why…then I read this and think I might be making a good move on waiting or just passing…just don't want to drop that much coin on something that might turn into a hassle more than anything else.

#6 ·

A buddy of mine who does not use the computer much has been a long time customer of AM. He has tried the In Tune and it gave him a bunch of problems data logging. He sold it on Ebay and bought a Trinity from AM. This time he got 2 tunes. The first one would surge real bad at idle when cold. He switched it for the 2nd street tune and it didn't have much timing. He tried datalogging it but the throttle blades were closing every time he get's into it. He really want's to return the whole tuner and bama tunes and go a different direction at this point.

Do you guys give refunds for this type of thing? He does not want to mess around with revisions and datalogging when both tunes are no good.
I'm sorry to hear that your friend is having some issues with his tuner/tunes. We can definitely look into this for you and get to the bottom of it. Can you PM me his order number or contact information?

I can have the Bama team review his order and contact him right away! I look forward to speaking with you.

-Dan

#7 ·
He or I do not have anything bad to say about AM. We are both customers for a long time. In fact, I think he just bought CAI yesterday on the AM site. So please don't confuse this as a negative post. It's not. AM is awesome.

However, AS mentioned, the Tuners and Tunes are just not working out at this time. I'm sure with datalogging and more correspondence it can get worked out but he doesn't have the time to go back and fourth at the moment.

My question is to AM since I have seen they frequent this site. Do you guys have a hassle free return policy? I will PM as well.

Thanks a lot

#13 ·
Thanks for the PM. I'm glad to hear you guys are long time customers! That's great news.

I've already sent your information over to the Bama team and they'll be reaching out to your friend shortly to make sure everything is resolved, quickly!

-Dan

#14 ·
Thank you for the help Dan. As stated earlier, The guy wants a refund. I have a feeling that Bama will not be doing any refunding since his order is through AM.

It brings me back to my original question which I don't believe was answered.

Will you give a refund to the guy as he is unsatisfied and does not want to go though any further hassle and inconvenience?

#17 ·
Have your friend contact them directly. Does he not speak English? It's much easier coming from him asking for a refund.

It's like you coming up to the waitress or manager of a burger joint saying that your friend who's eating at the establishment's other burger joint across town isn't happy with his burger cuz its cooked too raw. He wants a refund can the manager please refund your friend who's all the way across town for his burger.

AM isn't legally bound to do anything you ask without confirming or hearing from your friend with a legit order number. If they acted on every contact by every Tom Dick and Jane out there on behalf of someone else there could be a lot of bogus or incorrect tickets being opened.

#15 ·
3 days and no call. How much reviewing needs to be done? I couldn't have been any more pleasant about my request?

No call, No revisions and No refunds?? This isn't looking good. I made this whole thread because I was trying to help my buddy avoid a bunch of BS on the phone with AM. I saw the thread the other day about people buying wheels and they were in poor shape upon arrival. The response about customer service was not a good one. I really need a set of AMR wheels and I'm about 30 minutes from AM. I really don't want to deal with this on a $1600 purchase.

#16 ·
3 days and no call. How much reviewing needs to be done? I couldn't have been any more pleasant about my request?

No call, No revisions and No refunds?? This isn't looking good. I made this whole thread because I was trying to help my buddy avoid a bunch of BS on the phone with AM. I saw the thread the other day about people buying wheels and they were in poor shape upon arrival. The response about customer service was not a good one. I really need a set of AMR wheels and I'm about 30 minutes from AM. I really don't want to deal with this on a $1600 purchase.
You do realize they probably get hundreds of tune requests a day. 3 days is not that long. I'm sure they're doing their best.

#19 ·

Ok guys, as you can see, I quoted my Original post here about this situation. I can see how it would have gotten mixed up through a whole bunch of different post. I came here seeking information because I know AM posts here. I really just wanted to know if they give refunds for something like this. I was asking for my friend because I knew he was pretty frustrated about it. He sold the first tuner on Ebay and spent the money for the better tuner. The tunes are terrible and he will probably will end up selling the $600 Trinity on ebay as well. I was just looking out for him. Dan responded as a American Muscle Rep and rather than answer the simple question or give me his direct contact info to help he asked me to PM him the info. I did PM him the info it went nowhere after 3 days.

I really just want to know if they have a return policy. Like I mentioned, I want a set of AMR wheels but between this and the other thread about bad AMR wheels and run around customer service I'd rather give LMR a shot.

#23 ·
The question you have: "Do you guys give refunds for this type of thing? He does not want to mess around with revisions and datalogging when both tunes are no good."

This question is best answered by calling them on the phone. You got fingers to dial. You have a phone I assume. Your not deaf or mute or otherwise handicapped. Other than pure stubbornness or laziness why don't you try calling them directly. Which makes it all sound like you're just wanting to biitch and moan.

If that's the case and after people have told you that the best way to resolve this situation is by calling and you still refuse to call then I think the mods on here need to shut this biitching session thread down. You're not interested in truly getting an answer anyway.

#20 ·
As everyone said call bama you don't need to speak to dan . No need to come on here and make a useless thread due to you not using a phone. Your business should between customer and bama not on a public forum. This should be delated as it's just to start a rant which we don't need

#22 ·
So after all this do you still not understand the concept of making a phone call? Take out that little device in your pocket, dial the bama customer service number and.. wait a second.. I bet a real live person picked up and was able to answer all your questions, huh?! Problem solved. :thumb:

#24 ·
Sounds like I would bet the call had been made and they said "no refunds..." So this is where it ends up.

It's like any software. You open it, use it, install it and can return it and I don't blame Bama one bit if they said no.

I'm debating getting a tune. But if I do and it doesn't work the way I want it to I'll just deal with it. Won't bring it here and ***** about Bama or American Muscle that's for sure.

#26 ·
I'm debating getting a tune. But if I do and it doesn't work the way I want it to I'll just deal with it. Won't bring it here and ***** about Bama or American Muscle that's for sure.

I hope you like Idle surging, Knock ****** and your throttle blades closing while you're trying to data log the mess. Not to mention a guy who posts here 2600 times but can't answer a simple question like is this tune refundable.

#25 ·
Plus complaining about something in a public forum can expose you to someone making you look a fool....so I stay away from that. :)

Just call the company. Won't tell you the bone head move I made. But I called American Muscle and they took care of me. ;)

#30 ·
Don't see why y'all bashing this guy, if you find it to be a useless thread stop reading its that simple. No on put a gun to your head to make you pick this particular thread or even to put a reply. But to answer your question buddy doesn't look like they give refunds but like everyone else has said your best calling so you can hear it from them...

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

*one

#32 ·
Hah, your a trip. I call BS! Just call them instead of waiting for a forum reply, much quicker. You just want to annoy us all with your whining.

#36 ·
Nomination....

So anyone want to nominate Justin81to the "HALL of People Who Just Don't Have a Clue?"

:thumb:

#40 ·
poor little justin go call your friend and tell him that you asked the forum guys and they weren't nice .

+18667271266 this is the number to American muscle . You push the phone looking thing and dial the little numbers up there . You should be able to YouTube how to dial a number

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.