Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Sport Mode

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  mav351w 
#1 ·
What does sport mode do in the '13 GT and how do you turn it on/off. Thank you in advance.

#2 ·
There are multiple modes for tranction control, on, off (push to turn off) note this really isnt totally off. Then there is sport mode which is put in the brake and tap it twice. Last but not least is turning everything off. Hold in the brake and hold in the traction control of 5-10 seconds.

#3 ·
You turn it on through your speedo apps it just gives more of a sporty feel to the steering you feel more of the road and the steering is firmer/harder. If you can't figure out how to turn it on look at the owners manual it not only tells you how to enable it but what each mode does

#10 ·
the track apps has a Christmas tree you can see you time from 1/8 and 1/4 mile. You have braking performance is everything you would use at the track hence track use only. To turn the sport mode steering on go to your settings in the instrument cluster or read the owners manual.

As for traction I drive with mine off all the time cause it sucks when you pull from a red light and forget to turn it off. Traction control is just to keep you from going into a spin. The computer sees te tires slipping and retards the timing until the computer see the tires are no longer spinning it don't hurt to use it or not to use it it's just a preference

#11 ·
I like advancetrac im new to mustang and im getting to know my gt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

#12 ·
All the correct info is in the owners manual. For highway road trips just get in, start it and go. No reason for sport mode or turning traction control off while cruising down the highway.

#19 ·
If it is dry out, I will put her in sport mode (doubletap the TC button with brake depressed).
If it is wet, I let it be.
If I'm horsing around, I turn it all off (hold brake, hold TC button for 6 seconds).

For most of my driving, I use the double-tap sport mode. I feel like the nannies are invasive when I'm accelerating on on-ramps or otherwise stretching her legs a bit.

When I'm competing, I usually leave her in sport mode. I'm sure I could manage a better launch with it completely off but I like having it help a bit in the curves...this might change once I get these suspension parts and some better tires installed, however.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.