Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Any harm in tuning a new car?

2K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  Voltwings 
#1 ·
Considering purchasing a new 2014 since prices are pretty good right now. I currently have a tune on my 2011. Any harm in tuning a brand new car?

#3 ·
I have a new GT it now has 500 miles I already bought a tuner longtubes off road H and catback. I thought about waiting till I hit 1,000 miles but couldn't resist plus my family owns repair shops and my dad worked for Ford usually if I have any problems the dealer still warrantees my car

#4 ·
Lucky you!

There are so many theories about this, some of breaking in with agressive handling, others till (x) amount of millage and etc. What have always worked for me is I do a oil/filter change between 1000-1500 miles and then screw the warranty and let the modding begin!

On my old cars (subaru) I did noticed that the engine oil that came with it had a special addictive to help seal engine components. Dunno if it applies with Stangs.
. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Tuned at 800miles

Sent from my HTC One X using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#12 ·
We've built up and tuned all of our AM Project Cars when they were brand new right from the Dealership. I don't think there is a single AM company car that wasn't tuned before it hit the first 100miles!

Needless to say, there's nothing wrong with tuning your Mustang right from the start. Just understand there may be drivetrain warranty issues if there was a problem. As others have stated above.

Shane

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.