Oil Change - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-13-2014, 06:58 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Oil Change

It's about time for my second oil change. I have tuned and put cat deletes on since the last one, anything I should tell the dealer, and will they care? Thanks.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2014, 07:56 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post
It's about time for my second oil change. I have tuned and put cat deletes on since the last one, anything I should tell the dealer, and will they care? Thanks.

Personally, I'd do my own oil change. I've seen first hand stealership service tech's incompetence.

But if you must have them do it...

Depends on the stealership. Some are proactive with TSB's and reflashing the PCM. Others could care less. Obviously them flashing a tuned car is a problem (SCT will be locked, and car may run like garbage). If you tell them to not touch anything, they may see that as an opportunity to screw you out of warranty in the future and document the fact you are tuned.

Odds are they won't even notice or do anything other than the oil change because they are lazy, worthless fk 's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:40 AM   #3
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I would talk to them (if I trusted them) about the tune. If you don't trust them either do it yourself or go to another shop/garage. As NH mentioned if they re-flash bad can happen. If they want they MAY void your wtty.
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I would talk to them (if I trusted them) about the tune. If you don't trust them either do it yourself or go to another shop/garage. As NH mentioned if they re-flash bad can happen. If they want they MAY void your wtty.

Just remember, people don't hang around forever. Just found out that the service advisor who I always went to and had a good relation with just took a job closer to home. He was at the dealership in my town for decades. Never thought he would leave. Fortunately, I'm not tuned so it really doesn't matter. I did plan on asking him about Steeda the next time I went in for an oil change since they have a Steeda decal on their Parts window. Now I think I will just stick with stock for now. I have 7yr/100k and I am only at 23,500 on a 2 year old car. Point being, just because an employee says it is alright to do something with your car, it really comes down to the dealership.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Go to a dealer that is performance oriented, it's not hard to find them. We have one that sells and services Saleens, Roushes and Shelbys. He even bought the first 2015 at Barrett-Jackson and has two of the 50th anniversary editions coming. Our local Mustang club regularly meets at their shop. I have been told by them about how cool my bolt-ons are and they taught me about tunes in the first place. It's too bad that some owners have had such bad experiences that they can't even talk about dealerships without insulting them. I have been lucky but then I researched.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:03 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have a local Valvaoline does all of my oil changes. They are helpful in every way and never try to get me for the proverbial "turn signal fluid" change LOL. Guys love my car so I always get a $20 discount also lol.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:18 AM   #7
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Blue, you are correct. Even if they say "We don't care about your tune" they won't put it in writing. I will say I like my dealer (Hammonasset Ford in CT) but I don't have a tune and am too paranoid to get one.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:19 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I'm sure the one I bought my car from would be ok with the tune, it's just too far of a drive. I've got a shop close to me though that fixed my exhaust and helped me with a truck I had a while back. I might just take it to him.

2013 GT/CS
Old 05-13-2014, 09:40 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

just change your own oil...
Old 05-13-2014, 10:05 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1ex View Post
just change your own oil...

I do on all my vehicles but the Mustang. With The Works coupon that is always available, they change my oil, rotate my tires, and check everything over. It's actually a pretty good deal. Once my car is out of warranty I may think differently, but for now I will keep taking it in.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
If you can't find a dealer to work with, either change it yourself, or if you are that worried, turn it back to stock then retune it and put the cat deletes back on. But if you are doing all that, it would be easier just to change it yourself.
Duck Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Oil Change

I might just change it myself. What oil do you guys recommend? I know this is a huge debatable topic, but I figured id ask.

2013 GT/CS
Old 05-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I switched from that motorcrap to royal purple and noticed a difference, especially in my jlt oil separator...a lot less royal purple collected in there compared to motorcrap. I still run the 5w-20
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Oil Change

Quote:
I might just change it myself. What oil do you guys recommend? I know this is a huge debatable topic, but I figured id ask.

If you want to go Royal Purple and don't have track pack check this kit out from LMR

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...Oil-Change-Kit

I bought one but decided not to use it, will sell it to you for $60 shipped.
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:26 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds good. I'll take it.

2013 GT/CS
Old 05-13-2014, 01:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Ya. I used Royal Purple in mine and really thought it did well. That is what I would recommend to anyone with a high performance car.
Duck Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sounds good. I'll take it.

Sweet pm me your address and I will send PayPal instructions, in Olathe at the folks right now but flying home tonight and will ship them out once payment confirmed.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clink View Post
Sweet pm me your address and I will send PayPal instructions, in Olathe at the folks right now but flying home tonight and will ship them out once payment confirmed.

Pmed

2013 GT/CS
Old 05-13-2014, 02:18 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Pmed

PM replied
Old 05-13-2014, 09:39 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
+1 from another royal purple user. Buy via AM, it tends to be cheaper than the local parts stores. 8 quarts at around 10bucks, plus filter, free shipping....that's a great oilchange for less than $100.

I've been looking into AMS oils too, I hear good things. I tend to stick with what I know though, and Royal Purple is what I've used in any vehicle that I actually care about.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:24 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I bought in bulk on either amazon or ebay, I can't remember and it equated to about 7.50 a quart. Free shipping too.
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:08 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Amsoil. No substitute. After i finish off the case of cheap stuff for the focus all of my vehicles will be on once a year oil change with amsoil.

Sent from my massive johnson.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:44 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Royal Purple is some awesome oil. Because I don't track race and only change my oil at 7500 mile intervals I use and really like Super Tech fully synthetic 5W 30. More cost effective and darn good oil too boot. I'm sure not as good as Royal Purple but then again, what the fack do I care. Its just oil. Just change it on a regular basis and the engine does the rest.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:03 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Amsoil. No substitute. After i finish off the case of cheap stuff for the focus all of my vehicles will be on once a year oil change with amsoil.

Sent from my massive johnson.
I just changed my own oil this morning with amsoil ss 10w30 and I'll be damn. I got the infamous engine tick at start up. Went away once it warmed up but I will keep an eye on it. Engine does seem to run smoother but temps are the same as what I was seeing with MC 5w50.

Sent from my HTC One X using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Competition Auto Dyno 93Race Tune, Flowmaster Outlaw Axle-Back, JLT Oil Separator, Barton Two-Post Shifter, Airaid CAI, BMR LCA w/relocation bracket, SR Performance Adj Panhard Bar, Whiteline Panhard Bar Support Brace, MM camber plates, Koni STR Shocks/Struts, Steeda Ultralight Springs. Future Mods: aluminum Driveshaft, Barton short throw shifter, BMR adj UCA, long tubes/H-Pipe
2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:03 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
I have a local Valvaoline does all of my oil changes. They are helpful in every way and never try to get me for the proverbial "turn signal fluid" change LOL. Guys love my car so I always get a $20 discount also lol.
You seriously go to those valvoline quick-lube places? Playing with fire my friend. Those idiots screwed up my old car (thankfully I didn't care about my old car) and caused a huge oil leak. Thankfully my mechanic was able to fix it easily enough. They also hound you on getting unnecessary fluid changes every time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT