Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Oil Change

2K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  mnl1121 
#1 ·
It's about time for my second oil change. I have tuned and put cat deletes on since the last one, anything I should tell the dealer, and will they care? Thanks.

#2 ·
Personally, I'd do my own oil change. I've seen first hand stealership service tech's incompetence.

But if you must have them do it...

Depends on the stealership. Some are proactive with TSB's and reflashing the PCM. Others could care less. Obviously them flashing a tuned car is a problem (SCT will be locked, and car may run like garbage). If you tell them to not touch anything, they may see that as an opportunity to screw you out of warranty in the future and document the fact you are tuned.

Odds are they won't even notice or do anything other than the oil change because they are lazy, worthless fk 's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Just remember, people don't hang around forever. Just found out that the service advisor who I always went to and had a good relation with just took a job closer to home. He was at the dealership in my town for decades. Never thought he would leave. Fortunately, I'm not tuned so it really doesn't matter. I did plan on asking him about Steeda the next time I went in for an oil change since they have a Steeda decal on their Parts window. Now I think I will just stick with stock for now. I have 7yr/100k and I am only at 23,500 on a 2 year old car. Point being, just because an employee says it is alright to do something with your car, it really comes down to the dealership.

#5 ·
Go to a dealer that is performance oriented, it's not hard to find them. We have one that sells and services Saleens, Roushes and Shelbys. He even bought the first 2015 at Barrett-Jackson and has two of the 50th anniversary editions coming. Our local Mustang club regularly meets at their shop. I have been told by them about how cool my bolt-ons are and they taught me about tunes in the first place. It's too bad that some owners have had such bad experiences that they can't even talk about dealerships without insulting them. I have been lucky but then I researched.

#6 ·
I have a local Valvaoline does all of my oil changes. They are helpful in every way and never try to get me for the proverbial "turn signal fluid" change LOL. Guys love my car so I always get a $20 discount also lol.

#25 ·
You seriously go to those valvoline quick-lube places? Playing with fire my friend. Those idiots screwed up my old car (thankfully I didn't care about my old car) and caused a huge oil leak. Thankfully my mechanic was able to fix it easily enough. They also hound you on getting unnecessary fluid changes every time.

#8 ·
I'm sure the one I bought my car from would be ok with the tune, it's just too far of a drive. I've got a shop close to me though that fixed my exhaust and helped me with a truck I had a while back. I might just take it to him.

#9 ·
just change your own oil...

#10 ·
I do on all my vehicles but the Mustang. With The Works coupon that is always available, they change my oil, rotate my tires, and check everything over. It's actually a pretty good deal. Once my car is out of warranty I may think differently, but for now I will keep taking it in.

#20 ·
+1 from another royal purple user. Buy via AM, it tends to be cheaper than the local parts stores. 8 quarts at around 10bucks, plus filter, free shipping....that's a great oilchange for less than $100.

I've been looking into AMS oils too, I hear good things. I tend to stick with what I know though, and Royal Purple is what I've used in any vehicle that I actually care about.

#22 ·
Amsoil. No substitute. After i finish off the case of cheap stuff for the focus all of my vehicles will be on once a year oil change with amsoil.

Sent from my massive johnson.

#24 ·
I just changed my own oil this morning with amsoil ss 10w30 and I'll be damn. I got the infamous engine tick at start up. Went away once it warmed up but I will keep an eye on it. Engine does seem to run smoother but temps are the same as what I was seeing with MC 5w50.

Sent from my HTC One X using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#23 ·
Royal Purple is some awesome oil. Because I don't track race and only change my oil at 7500 mile intervals I use and really like Super Tech fully synthetic 5W 30. More cost effective and darn good oil too boot. I'm sure not as good as Royal Purple but then again, what the fack do I care. Its just oil. Just change it on a regular basis and the engine does the rest. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.