Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Borla

2K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  Instafire 
#1 ·
So how is the Borla Atak axle-back for a 2014 Mustang GT!?

#2 ·
Hey,

I absolutely love the way this system sounds on these cars. It has a really deep baritone sound that is not over powering yet still aggressive. In my opinion it is one of the nicest sounding systems and certainly a better, if not the best quality systems on the market today. The only reason they are not one of the most popular is because of the price in my opinion.

Companies like Roush and Flowmaster also have great systems on the market as well that sound nice and are made with quality construction, however they cost considerably less. However, price aside, it is hard to beat what you get from the Atak system.

I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions, feel free to get back in touch. Best of luck!

-Dan

#5 ·
I've got the touring axle backs on my '13 and love them. They are plenty loud enough for me and I'm glad I went with them over the Ataks.

#6 ·
I would have loved to go with the atak but it would have taken other goodies out if my cart. So I went with the outlaws and I'm happy

Sent from my HTC One X using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#8 ·
I have the RTR's from Magnaflow and wish I would have gone with the Borla ATAK's, or the S types

#18 ·
My thoughts...

I have the Flowmasters on my 2013 and I had them on my 2005.
Yes, they are cheap, they sound good, but the Drone.... WOW..
I am looking at the Corsa and the Borla.. because they only show the stock verses the aftermarket its hard to pick between the two.
If they werent over 600$ for either i would of pulled the trigger by now.

So don't go by just the price, Check into the sound and ask about the Drone.. otherwise you will be :banghead:
Mine is awful at around 60MPH set on cruise..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.