Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Quick tuning question

3K views 43 replies 11 participants last post by  fivepointwut 
#1 ·
My off road H pipe came in today BUT my SCT SF4 tuner won't be here until next tuesday...

Yes i know I will throw the CEL cuz of the cats removed and it being rich and all.......

BUT: is it OK to just go ahead and install this thing now and then run it a few days (5 days) until I get this tuner in the mail???

Or should I just frikken sit back and wait and stare at this H pipe for 5 days :(

#2 ·
As much as it sucks, wait. You don't wanna screw something up by swapping out parts without a tune.

#7 ·
I've heard it's not an issue as well. But it doesn't sit well.

The computer reads the information from the rear o2 sensors. Without cats it must be reading the change and making corrections in the computer as it's designed to do.

When you get the car tuned it will shut off the rear o2's so the car can go back to t normal running condition.

Maybe i'm wrong on this one but it's definitely worth the wait. I could see if you had to drive it 5 miles or something or 10 miles. But driving the car like that with a light for a week just because?

#10 · (Edited)
The tune cuts off the cat overtemp protection too. I believe the car may run a bit rich with no tune along with a cel for cat effeciency.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

#11 ·
That's the only thing that will happen. It will dump fuel BC of it running rich. Nothing else. Some of y'all over think this stuff. Simple nothing will happen

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Only problem you are going to have is your bama tune. You just did the most harm possible by running a bama tune

#17 ·
you should wait the 5... slow... agonizing days lol

#23 ·
I'm a idiot? LETHAL PERFORMANCE IN SAN ATONIO!!!..

they built my car from the ground up. Shswn does there tuning. And Danny is the owner.

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

*Shawn.

#44 ·
If this was directed towards me: I know not to ask for it on the "open forums" but hell I never got a response or anything from them...
Just curious if they were still doing it or if I'm effed out of 72 bucks that it would've saved me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.