Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Brembo brake kit

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  gtstyles2 
#1 ·
So I have a chance to buy a Brembo kit from a friend that wrecked his car. Very few miles on them. I believe its the 6 piston, 15" front, single piston 13.8" rear kit. I am going to look at all of it tomorrow to see for sure. Anyhow, my question is this. Could I install the front calipers and rotors and leave the back as is for now? Will I need to do anything to proportion the system if so?

#4 ·
I just don't want to get into the rear axle yet. My car only has 2400 miles on it. Thanks guys...

#5 ·
Looks good styles2. I might spray them red

#7 ·
Turns out its the 14" front rotor, 4 piston caliper setup, and he had 12" rear rotor GT500 caliper setup from like a 2012 car would have. I bought it all. Probably just going to install the front, and sell the rear setup. Its a bit of an upgrade over stock my GT rear brakes, but I am not going to mess with it.

#9 ·
If it's from a 2012 and it's a front and rear set, then it's not worth even touching the rear, only do the front. If it's from a 13-14 GT500 then there is a difference in both front and rear, it comes with 6 piston front calipers and bigger rear brakes. As u can see to install the rear calipers on the set isn't a clean job http://youtu.be/dDT3-nwSQD8.

Since your set is from a 2012 GT500, then just do the fronts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.