My Build So Far - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
My Build So Far

Whats up guys I don't post much ive been in the shadows, but I wanted to share my stang and wanted some feed back... I love this forum lots of good people that help..im in Melbourne Fl rght now for a few months if anyone knows about a stang group around here would be wicked!!!! heres a small list of what I got

13 GT Prem,Performance Pack,3.73Gears,MMD louvers
Boss H-Pipe with side exhaust pipes,Flowmaster Outlaw Axb
Ford Racing-K Springs,J&M Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Camber Bolts
MMD blackout decklid,Custom 302 decals,Blacked out reflectors and pony
Charcoal Amr Staggerd Sumitomo Wheels 245/45-19 Front, 275/40-19 Rear

And cant make up my mind what to do next so many options!

insidious_ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Looks good to me man, black out those fogs to complete the look.
Clink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Window tint maybe

Sent from my HTC One X using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Competition Auto Dyno 93Race Tune, Flowmaster Outlaw Axle-Back, JLT Oil Separator, Barton Two-Post Shifter, Airaid CAI, BMR LCA w/relocation bracket, SR Performance Adj Panhard Bar, Whiteline Panhard Bar Support Brace, MM camber plates, Koni STR Shocks/Struts, Steeda Ultralight Springs. Future Mods: aluminum Driveshaft, Barton short throw shifter, BMR adj UCA, long tubes/H-Pipe
2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I don't care how many people have those wheels I still like them and still want them. Nice car.
Justin81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I like the idea of the 302's H-pipe with outlaws but that is a good chunk of cash. Mind posting an exhaust clip so I know what I'm missing?
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Def tint the windows.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Raxiom smoked fog lights will look sick. Have them on my black GT.
ILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok View Post
I like the idea of the 302's H-pipe with outlaws but that is a good chunk of cash. Mind posting an exhaust clip so I know what I'm missing?

I actually bought the boss pipe with side exhaust used from a laguna seca owner, for 300$ got a good deal. Il post video soon it sounds mean as hell , and the downshift pops come from underneath bouncing off the pavement and out the back it sounds insane. The new tires make a world of difference.The stock Pzeros made my car ice skate.These staggerd set I grip and have full traction..I know the amr's are well known but some cars pull them off nice
Old 05-17-2014, 10:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I would lose the 302 stickers and replace the 5.0 badge with a 302 badge if that's the route you want to go. Having both is a little redundant to me. Nice car
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

i wanted the smoked fogs. whats all involved installing them?? A lot of tut's just to replace your grill say to remove your front bumper ,when you can really just pull it right out if you take your time and pop the clips manually/....`I considered the cdc grill but love my fogs but damn it looks mean....
Old 05-18-2014, 02:53 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
A mod that makes me smile and won't break your bank? Try a short throw shifter. I have the Barton with two post bracket and love it.
teabagsax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:04 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidious_ruin View Post
i wanted the smoked fogs. whats all involved installing them?? A lot of tut's just to replace your grill say to remove your front bumper ,when you can really just pull it right out if you take your time and pop the clips manually/....`I considered the cdc grill but love my fogs but damn it looks mean....

Yeah you have to remove your bumper. The clips are the hardest part because you don't want to break them. And I couldn't pull the bumper because I thought I would break them so I had my dad pull the clips (he's a mechanic) but after I finished the install it wasn't that bad. The results are amazing. Worth all the stress of installing them. I did have a problem with the right fog light but I was able to fix it. It didn't turn on because the wires are to thin and were not making contact. Fold it on 2 parts and then use the clips that come with the fog lights.

Don't change the grill. The GT has an amazing grill, and this fog lights will make it way better
Old 05-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLY View Post
Yeah you have to remove your bumper. The clips are the hardest part because you don't want to break them. And I couldn't pull the bumper because I thought I would break them so I had my dad pull the clips (he's a mechanic) but after I finished the install it wasn't that bad. The results are amazing. Worth all the stress of installing them. I did have a problem with the right fog light but I was able to fix it. It didn't turn on because the wires are to thin and were not making contact. Fold it on 2 parts and then use the clips that come with the fog lights.

Don't change the grill. The GT has an amazing grill, and this fog lights will make it way better

I hear ya man removing the bumper is a scary thought all the videos make it seem so easy, taking it off i think would be a breeze but putting it back on wouldn't be fun.. I really dig your halos they look brutal. I seen the led ones you can add ontop of the existing then soon realized they make a real setup lol. What light setting do you have yours on to just have the halos running and not the whole light?
Old 05-18-2014, 08:57 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidious_ruin View Post
I hear ya man removing the bumper is a scary thought all the videos make it seem so easy, taking it off i think would be a breeze but putting it back on wouldn't be fun.. I really dig your halos they look brutal. I seen the led ones you can add ontop of the existing then soon realized they make a real setup lol. What light setting do you have yours on to just have the halos running and not the whole light?

Actually putting the bumper back is the easiest thing you can do. The clips go right in. The halos connect to the side markers and are turned on with the parking lights.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:05 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
I just pulled the bumper yesterday to put the 302 front facial it was extremely easy I did that slimy with smoked foglights behind the grille nothing to it......hardest part was custom fabricating bracket to hold the foglights

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

I would go with tint next
r_neck7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:55 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Are those the headlight covers from AM?
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:29 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLY View Post
Actually putting the bumper back is the easiest thing you can do. The clips go right in. The halos connect to the side markers and are turned on with the parking lights.
I now i just need a borrow some jackstands and a lift...im not from here don't know anyone lol..im really wanting to go with the smoked halo fogs....thanks for everyones input i really take pride in my stang!!!!!!!!

and yes they are the covers from AM they are just stuck on there for the pictures..Ii couldn't get them to fit right so i didn't perm install them they are cut way to big and scratch the paint infront of the headlight looks wicked though!!
Old 05-19-2014, 07:30 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I've debated ordering them but they got bad reviews for fitment and taking them off at night would suck looks good though lol
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:30 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Great looking ride! Very nice.

Quote:
Removing the bumpers on these cars is easy. We have had to remove the front bumper so many times, it is not funny. We also removed the rear bumper to do the Quad exhaust. You should remove the bumper and get accustomed to doing it, because SO many mods require the bumper removed. It really isn't as bad as you might think. It is like riding a bike, once you do it, it is easy from there on out.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:10 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I removed my front bumper for the first time today. It wasn't too bad. Just don't lose any screws and remember where everything goes and you'll be fine.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:43 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Looks so good man. Kind of looks like what I have envisioned for my 3.7
Old 05-20-2014, 07:14 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Car looks great. I'm a bit partial to black myself.

I grew up in Indian Harbour Beach (just over the causeway) and still go back to visit family 1-2 times a year. I probably won't be back in the next few months but let me know if you become permanent.
3.31 gears, FRPP TracKey tuned, FRPP K springs, FRPP Adjustable Shocks/Struts, FRPP front/rear sway bars, FRPP Panhard, Steeda UCA / LCAs, GT500 Quad tip AB, MGW shifter, Niche Targa Blk 19" Staggered wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sports
MALWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks to everyone on your opinions ..Got a few ideas to keep building.. Performance will be last!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
I've debated ordering them but they got bad reviews for fitment and taking them off at night would suck looks good though lol
man I would say no.or maybe I just got a bad set..there just to big and have already scratched the paint in front of the lights...there perfect if your not driving it and its just for show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Great looking ride! Very nice.

Removing the bumpers on these cars is easy. We have had to remove the front bumper so many times, it is not funny. We also removed the rear bumper to do the Quad exhaust. You should remove the bumper and get accustomed to doing it, because SO many mods require the bumper removed. It really isn't as bad as you might think. It is like riding a bike, once you do it, it is easy from there on out.
Your car looks sick!!!im itching to take the bumper off but just don't have the toolsil find someone that will let me borrow a jack and stands! when I plasi dipped my front pony, just took the radiator cover off,taped off around the bumper and snatched and got 75% of the grill off and u an get to the tabs that are remaining.from in the engine bay came out in 5 min...
Old 05-21-2014, 06:09 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALWR View Post
Car looks great. I'm a bit partial to black myself.

I grew up in Indian Harbour Beach (just over the causeway) and still go back to visit family 1-2 times a year. I probably won't be back in the next few months but let me know if you become permanent.
That's cool I love that area..That drive on A1A all the way to BASE is badass everymorning.. Not a lot of stangs here but old stingrays and porches seem to be the popular car!!And theres been 3 shark attacks already this year on the coast here lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT