Mods for new 14 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2014, 09:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Mods for new 14

So it's been 4 months with my 14 GT and I have 2k miles. I have seen and heard many guys in here go big with mods and upgrades.

I don't need to add more power to the car. 420hp is more than enough for my driving. Is it really necessary to upgrade suspension on the car if you don't plan to add power mods?

The car it's with manual 3.55 gears, no track pack. I've added raxiom smoked fog lights, SR chrome strut tower brace, and I'm planing on getting a set of 20' AMRs with INVOS. Also did the undercoat painting for the rust under the carriage.

What do I need to update on the car? Why are the stocks so bad that I have to replace them? I will not void the warranty so no tunes. I might buy the SR performance lowering springs later.

Sorry if this post sounds stupid, but this is the best place to ask
ILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2014, 10:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

LCA's, sway bars, springs and looking for sound try the Bassani axle back sounds azaming. Other good appearance mods are CDC GT500 grille, GT500 rear bumper and etc
BoostedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:06 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Before you go in your wallet, decide what you want to do with the car. ( goal )
Then figure out your budget.
The rest is simple, purchase mods that will help you reach your goal.

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp.......documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0
1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2014, 09:16 AM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
There's no denying these 11-14 GT's are incredible bone stock. It's not surprising to me that you're already impressed with the car (I am too!).

It's clear you're happy with the cars power output and don't want to void the warranty. There's nothing wrong with that either. As far as suspension goes, there are a few upgrades that will show significant improvements without voiding the drivetrain warranty. One of those upgrades would be rear end lower control arms. The factory units work for daily driving, but during hard acceleration they will twist/flex causing the car to lose traction. Any quality aftermarket set of LCA's will significantly improve strength here and prevent loss of traction.

My next suggestion would be lowering springs and an adjustable panhard bar. Lowering springs will not only give your Mustang a more aggressive stance or ride height, but they'll drastically improve the handling or body roll. By lowering your Mustang roughly 1.5" all the way around, you'll see these improvements without sacrificing ride quality. The adjustable panhard bar is needed necessity when lowering your Mustang's ride height to retain the centered rear housing.

Other than these two or three suspension upgrades, I suggest just enjoying the cars performance for a while longer. See if there's anything else you have distaste for down the road and then go from there. Most importantly, enjoy your new ride!

Of course, if you do need any assistance with parts or questions, you can always feel free to contact me via PM. I'm here to help!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
There's no denying these 11-14 GT's are incredible bone stock. It's not surprising to me that you're already impressed with the car (I am too!).

It's clear you're happy with the cars power output and don't want to void the warranty. There's nothing wrong with that either. As far as suspension goes, there are a few upgrades that will show significant improvements without voiding the drivetrain warranty. One of those upgrades would be rear end lower control arms. The factory units work for daily driving, but during hard acceleration they will twist/flex causing the car to lose traction. Any quality aftermarket set of LCA's will significantly improve strength here and prevent loss of traction.

My next suggestion would be lowering springs and an adjustable panhard bar. Lowering springs will not only give your Mustang a more aggressive stance or ride height, but they'll drastically improve the handling or body roll. By lowering your Mustang roughly 1.5" all the way around, you'll see these improvements without sacrificing ride quality. The adjustable panhard bar is needed necessity when lowering your Mustang's ride height to retain the centered rear housing.

Other than these two or three suspension upgrades, I suggest just enjoying the cars performance for a while longer. See if there's anything else you have distaste for down the road and then go from there. Most importantly, enjoy your new ride!

Of course, if you do need any assistance with parts or questions, you can always feel free to contact me via PM. I'm here to help!

Shane

Thanks Shane. I just ordered the AMRs with INVOS. I sent you a PM with the order number so you can keep an eye for my order. Thanks a lot
ILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:09 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The first thing i did when i bought my mustang was floor it out of the dealership in a quick 1-2. The first thing i did when i got home was order suspension! I couldnt believe how sloppy this thing was on the shifts, so i made some calls to BMR and ordered their:
LCA's
LCA brackets
Adjustable panhard bar
as well as some eibach lowerings springs and camber bolts. Pair that with some 275 nitto invos (good choice my friend) and the car is 110% better. I cant even imagine people who mod on the stock suspension, my car was all over the place even stock. I'm still on the base model GT shocks / struts, but i just got some take off Boss units with 10K miles i plan to install here before too long. we'll see how that changes things.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT