BBK longtubes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
BBK longtubes

im getting ready to order bbk longtubes, with o/r x pipe and sct tuner. my main question is that im between the chrome or ceramic finish. i know ceramic is better for heat but is the price difference really worth it?
im looking to tune with AED, if i have to wait a few days or weeks to get the tune will it be an issue driving around on the stock map?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
In my eyes, it comes down to "How long will you have the vehicle for?" Ceramic seems to be the longest-lasting finish. If you plan to keep your vehicle for a long time and have the extra coin, I say go with the ceramic coated.

As far as the looks or "keeping engine temps down," aren't really deciding factors for me.

I can't answer your 2nd question.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
In my eyes, it comes down to "How long will you have the vehicle for?" Ceramic seems to be the longest-lasting finish. If you plan to keep your vehicle for a long time and have the extra coin, I say go with the ceramic coated.

As far as the looks or "keeping engine temps down," aren't really deciding factors for me.

I can't answer your 2nd question.
i dont really care about the looks aspect, more about keeping the temp down and power wise, dont think it would be a big difference though. i do plan on keeping the car a long time, but ive said that in the past as well and that hasnt been the case lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT