Challenger owner here... Convince me to buy a Mustang! - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-30-2014, 04:28 PM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Time to make an account over there lol
+1, time to troll

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2014, 04:29 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Bullitt anyone?

I was thinking the same thing!
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:40 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
Do those guys on Challengertalk know you are over here thinking about getting a Mustang? LOL. They are a brutal bunch when it comes to talking about anything other than Challengers and most of them think that the Mustang is crap.

They jumped on me pretty good when I said some positive things about Mustangs and said what things I didn't like about the challenger. It was even worse when they found out I owned a Mustang and not a Challenger. I even posted the things that I didn't like about the Mustang but that didn't help. I'm pretty careful about what I post over there and mostly just browse anymore.

A lot of those guys on Challengertalk claim to smoke the 5.0 Mustang GT's all of the time with the SRT-8. I don't know, they might. It has 470 hp and 470 of torque compared to the 420 hp and 390 torque of the Mustang GT. It has the horsepower and torque advantage even though it is heavier.

Wayne
Haha I actually agree with you on all fronts... some of those guys (not all) get way too butt hurt over that stuff

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
pietran30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #144
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Wow,

That Challenger group sounds like the idiots that were in my Stupid Idiot Corvette club when I was stupid enough to join it. A bunch of idiots that I did not want to be around at all so I gave it up except on track renting days.
What I love about Mustangs is they are mostly owned by "CAR PEOPLE" that not only like their Mustangs but also like other performance cars. JUST PLAIN BETTER CLASS OF PEOPLE.
I belong to a Muscle car club with over 300 members and I have not heard one snob stupid thing said about anybody's car. It is what clubs and Muscle cars are all about. I don't think I would even want a Challenger if that was the only forum around. I do like the car though.
I'll be sticking with my Mustang until it totally falls apart. ( My Corvette Did ) I like all you on this forum and although we don't always agree 100% we still treat each other with respect and do not bad mouth each other or anyone else. Or pick on other makes of Muscle cars.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:56 PM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
That Challenger group sounds like the idiots that were in my Stupid Idiot Corvette club when I was stupid enough to join it. A bunch of idiots that I did not want to be around at all so I gave it up except on track renting days.

What I love about Mustangs is they are mostly owned by "CAR PEOPLE" that not only like their Mustangs but also like other performance cars. JUST PLAIN BETTER CLASS OF PEOPLE.

I belong to a Muscle car club with over 300 members and I have not heard one snob stupid thing said about anybody's car. It is what clubs and Muscle cars are all about. I don't think I would even want a Challenger if that was the only forum around. I do like the car though.

I'll be sticking with my Mustang until it totally falls apart. ( My Corvette Did ) I like all you on this forum and although we don't always agree 100% we still treat each other with respect and do not bad mouth each other or anyone else. Or pick on other makes of Muscle cars.

Ronnie

It's not that bad... There's a thread going on right now called "is the 392 faster than the 5.0?". Google it and you will see mostly good conversation with like 1 or 2 mopar fanboys getting way too defensive. Every forum has those guys. I mean hell, go back through this thread and there's been a couple negative posts from like 1 or 2 guys, but from my limited experience on here, this forum seems like a great place!
Old 05-30-2014, 07:39 PM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietran30 View Post
It's not that bad... There's a thread going on right now called "is the 392 faster than the 5.0?". Google it and you will see mostly good conversation with like 1 or 2 mopar fanboys getting way too defensive. Every forum has those guys. I mean hell, go back through this thread and there's been a couple negative posts from like 1 or 2 guys, but from my limited experience on here, this forum seems like a great place!

I read that thread over there and was surprised how civil it actually turned out. Most threads like that in the past have turned out pretty ugly.

Wayne
Old 05-30-2014, 07:41 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
The Challengers are beautiful looking modern day muscle cars. They provide comfort, nice room and power. Why does it really matter which model is faster? What difference does it make? Both the mustang and Challenger are beautiful looking pony cars and each have a different style and look.

I personally think the Challenger is the best looking retro pony car but not a fan of Dodge quality. I personally think Ford produces far superior longer lasting vehicles but that's just my own opinion however I do love the Challenger.

Its funny how you never hear Corvette owners say "Why the heck you buy the Grand Sport model and not the Z06 model". I have been to several Corvette car shows and in conversation have never heard them say how their Corvette can kick the a$$ of a Porsch or Viper, or Mustang or Challenger etc.

Sent from my little Johnson.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:25 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
The Challengers are beautiful looking modern day muscle cars. They provide comfort, nice room and power. Why does it really matter which model is faster? What difference does it make? Both the mustang and Challenger are beautiful looking pony cars and each have a different style and look.

I personally think the Challenger is the best looking retro pony car but not a fan of Dodge quality. I personally think Ford produces far superior longer lasting vehicles but that's just my own opinion however I do love the Challenger.

Its funny how you never hear Corvette owners say "Why the heck you buy the Grand Sport model and not the Z06 model". I have been to several Corvette car shows and in conversation have never heard them say how their Corvette can kick the a$$ of a Porsch or Viper, or Mustang or Challenger etc.

That's actually a pretty good point. I mean I bought my challenger knowing it wasn't the fastest. I love the retro styling, and I actually like the fact that it's a huge car that can still move. That being said, I do keep up on information for other cars. I hated the look of the new mustang upon release, but now it's really growing on me and need I even mention the 5.0 coyote engine? I also love the rears of the 2015 challenger, and the fact that the 392 will be available in RT trims. Just waiting for pricing and to actually sit and drive those cars before deciding anything.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:36 PM   #149
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's actually a pretty good point. I mean I bought my challenger knowing it wasn't the fastest. I love the retro styling, and I actually like the fact that it's a huge car that can still move. That being said, I do keep up on information for other cars. I hated the look of the new mustang upon release, but now it's really growing on me and need I even mention the 5.0 coyote engine? I also love the rears of the 2015 challenger, and the fact that the 392 will be available in RT trims. Just waiting for pricing and to actually sit and drive those cars before deciding anything.
That 2015 Challenger will be super bad a$$. I wish the Barracuda was brought back. Ha ha ha. I love the Challengers from back in the 70's. Lol. Sometimes its not always about speed. Its the look, the sound, the lines, the image. Hands down the Challenger is the most bad a$$ modern muscle looking car. May not be the fastest or handle the best but that Hemi is totally awesome.

I wouldn't trade my pony in but I sure would like too add a Challenger to my stall. Lol

Old 05-30-2014, 09:53 PM   #150
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey pietran30

Thanks for clearing this up. I'm happy it is only friendly banter and not a Hate thing.
Ronnie
Old 05-30-2014, 10:11 PM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

You got to love this. Here is a Challenger with Dukes of Hazard Decals and made to replicate the car. Anybody here see a silly issue with this. Ha ha ha. The Dukes of Hazard car was a freaking Dodge Charger not a Dodge Challenger. Lol

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1401505883880.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	158247  
Old 05-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #152
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You got to love this. Here is a Challenger with Dukes of Hazard Decals and made to replicate the car. Anybody here see a silly issue with this. Ha ha ha. The Dukes of Hazard car was a freaking Dodge Charger not a Dodge Challenger. Lol

While true, 99% of people walking down the street think the new challengers are chargers! But yea, I'm not a fan.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:08 AM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Ronnie
I agree with u pretty much except the following statement: "although we don't always agree 100% we still treat each other with respect and do not bad mouth each other or anyone else. "

This is not always true. Actually 9/10 or minimum 4/5 times this isn't true. Just look at some of the flaming shiit that gets posted. I'm as guilty as any but when in Rome do as the Romans.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:44 AM   #154
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

lol... some peoples kids...
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 02:33 AM   #155
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:35 AM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
lol... some peoples kids...
Actually the owners are a husband and wife. The husband has a 5.0 and the wife drives the Challenger. Ha ha ha ha.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:48 AM   #157
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Too bad they are heavier and only gained 20 Hp and 10 fptq. New safety

regulations will do that.

What new regulations are you talking about?
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:06 AM   #158
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
so kinda off subject. I hang out more at one of the other forums but tend to like folks attitudes here more. My ? is this: I've been doing casual cruises 2x a year the one next weekend I'm gonna guess 20 or so cars will show up. Thoughts on inviting folks on Camaro/Chally forums?
Old 05-31-2014, 10:10 AM   #159
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
so kinda off subject. I hang out more at one of the other forums but tend to like folks attitudes here more. My ? is this: I've been doing casual cruises 2x a year the one next weekend I'm gonna guess 20 or so cars will show up. Thoughts on inviting folks on Camaro/Chally forums?
I don't think it's a bad idea. I know most of the guys at challengertalk are car enthusiasts who go on all sorts of cruises all the time. Obviously this would depend on the location.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-31-2014, 10:37 AM   #160
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
I'm not a loyalist to any brand, that said I have owned a 2012 RT classic and two 2014 mustang gt's. To me the challenger wins the exterior look hands down. To me the interior is far more comfortable in the mustang and when I'm driving it it is more nimble than the challenger and fun to drive. Challenger is a great looking muscle cruiser but driving feel goes to the mustang. I'm seeing lots of comparisons of GT 5.0's to challengers then when a pic is posted it is a SRT8 model. I think you have to compare apples to apples here. A guy at work recently purchased a new SRT8 challenger, is it a sweet car absolutely. Did he pay about $15k more than my base model GT Brembo yes he did so it better be a sweet car! To me is it worth that much more, no but to each his own. It's all in what you want, here in the Midwest I won't drive mine year round it's a nice weather fun car so I don't need all the fluff like heated seats and nav. Maybe if I lived in Cali or Florida and drove it year round it would be worth it but for me pound for pound the GT 5.0 is the best offering out there in the muscle car class.
Big Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:48 AM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
You're on the wrong forum bud. Perhaps check to see if PonyCarsEvolution.com exists lol.

But it could be cool though to cruise with Challargers and Corvaros I guess at least until the first diner we stop by for lunch and then all hell breaks loose and we start doing donuts in the parking lot and 1/4 miles runs down the service roads and pound each others faces in making claims of which car is best. Jk.

My next car will either be the SVT Mustang or a new Corvette Z06. 2.5 yrs to start saving lol.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:22 PM   #162
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I agree. The 5.0 is the muscle car perfected. It's easy to mod and fast as Hell off the lot. I hope the new car doesn't lose that mustang feel.
Rich7072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:30 PM   #163
Registered Member
Regular

keep the challenger
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10314605_741890525862368_4979470540104181683_n.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	158267  
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:00 PM   #164
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullyAutomatic View Post
Best description of a challenger (392) yet. A nice cruiser but not good
for a windy road or track. Big and bulky but cool. For the money a Shelby
Gt 500 would destroy that car on pretty much everything except for
looks.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:34 PM   #165

Region: Europe
I'm a Mopar-head that will be joining the other side as soon as I've done my mustang homework. It's a lot of reading to do before buying. The SRT8s I know from the inside and out - but this is a whole new world opening up for me.
Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:15 PM   #166
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlock View Post
I'm a Mopar-head that will be joining the other side as soon as I've done my mustang homework. It's a lot of reading to do before buying. The SRT8s I know from the inside and out - but this is a whole new world opening up for me.
Welcome to the other dark side. Ha ha ha

Old 06-02-2014, 03:16 PM   #167

Region: Europe
Thanks. The new Coyote engine seems to be a power house begging for forced induction
Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:16 AM   #168

Region: New Jersey

Challenger VS Mustang

I just traded a 2010 RT Classic in Hemi Orange w/25kmiles. They’re totally different carswith 2 different purposes. Here’s my 02(keep in mind I’m not racing either)

Challengerover the Mustang

· To me and this is totally subjective – TheChallenger is the best looking car on the road period except for maybe the newVette

· Challenger has a real trunk

· Challenger has a real back seat

ChallengerDrawbacks

· It handles like a box car

· Dash board = Dash Bored

Mustang overthe Challenger

· Its way quicker

· It handles much better

· It stops much better

· Better interior

MustangDrawbacks

· Back seat is a joke

· Trunk is a joke

End of the day, I don’t have a bad word to say about theChallenger. I would have not traded itin unless I got the GT Convertible which I did. The RT and the GT are twodifferent cars. The RT is more of agrand touring car that looks great. For a “sports car” its extremely roomy andhas a real trunk. I’d go cross countryin the RT in a NY Minute. I’ve ownedVettes, Camaro Z28s, SS, etc.. The RTcouldn’t run twisties with them. The GT– its nimble, its quick – ITS FAST (big difference), it handles better, itstops better but at the end of the day, its barely a 2+2. It’s a 2 seaterunless your passengers are Lilliputians.

With that all said – do I miss my RT/C, yes I do. Am I thrilled with my GT Convertible – Hellyeah! Would I do it again, in aheartbeat (can I say heartbeat here? Lol)…
uncle kebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:17 AM   #169
Registered Member
Regular

Though I'm a Mustang guy through and through, that has not stopped me from lusting over various iterations of Camaros or Challengers. I do like the looks of the Challenger, it really is a good looking car. But I was coming from an FR-S, and I had a really hard time reconciling the weight of the Challenger when I had spent the last year thinking "lightness is goodness". But I could never get a Challenger, I have a Mopar friend who would kill me...literally, if I got one. He's been wanting one for awhile and if I got one first he'd have my head.

He doesn't give two ****s about my Mustang, so it all worked out.
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:05 PM   #170
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle kebo View Post
Challenger VS Mustang

I just traded a 2010 RT Classic in Hemi Orange w/25kmiles. They’re totally different carswith 2 different purposes. Here’s my 02(keep in mind I’m not racing either)

· To me and this is totally subjective – TheChallenger is the best looking car on the road period except for maybe the newVette

ChallengerDrawbacks

· Its way quicker

· It handles much better

· It stops much better

· Better interior

MustangDrawbacks

· Back seat is a joke

· Trunk is a joke

End of the day, I don’t have a bad word to say about theChallenger. I would have not traded itin unless I got the GT Convertible which I did. The RT and the GT are twodifferent cars. The RT is more of agrand touring car that looks great. For a “sports car” its extremely roomy andhas a real trunk. I’d go cross countryin the RT in a NY Minute. I’ve ownedVettes, Camaro Z28s, SS, etc.. The RTcouldn’t run twisties with them. The GT– its nimble, its quick – ITS FAST (big difference), it handles better, itstops better but at the end of the day, its barely a 2+2. It’s a 2 seaterunless your passengers are Lilliputians.

With that all said – do I miss my RT/C, yes I do. Am I thrilled with my GT Convertible – Hellyeah! Would I do it again, in aheartbeat (can I say heartbeat here? Lol)…

All good points but only one car has a galloping horse on the grill ....
Old 06-05-2014, 07:10 AM   #171
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

It is two different cars.

A Mustang is a Mustang.
A Challenger is a Dodge.

These cars are not even close enough to compare to each other.
It is like this:
Get the one you would like to have. You either want a Mustang to really enjoy driving and owning. Or you want the Challenger because it looks so great.
Both cars are sooooo different from each other that you really can't compare them.
Why even try?

Ronnie
Old 06-09-2014, 12:32 AM   #172
Registered Member
Regular

If it won any races ever, they would call it the Dodge "Winner" and not the "challenger", wouldn't they? Lol
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:14 AM   #173
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Challenger owner here... Convince me to buy a Mustang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle kebo View Post
Challenger VS Mustang

ChallengerDrawbacks

· Its way quicker

· It handles much better

· It stops much better

· Better interior

MustangDrawbacks

· Back seat is a joke

· Trunk is a joke

So in conclusion from this is that the Challenger is basically a luxury car now and not a real muscle car.............

Well that crosses the Challenger off the Pony car list.

The Challenger is a great car, but if you are looking for performance you just won't get it from one of them. If I wanted something nice to cruise in and look good without really pushing the car to its limits then the Challenger would be the choice.

Different strokes for different folks.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:56 AM   #174
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
The challenger has a pretty nice exhaust, but the interior is the same for the dodge caliber and avenger.

To me a car is more than performance but also an experience you get into every day. I love unlocking my car and seeing the glowing pony on the ground, the blue glowing interior lights, and the growl when it starts. It's like "get ready for the best damn drive you ever had."

Now I've driven everything from old 6th gen evo's to lotus Elise's, and this car doesn't handle like them. Truth is this car is an occasion. It's a reason to wake up in the morning. It's something you gotta live with and keep for a long time.

When I drove my friends challenger, I didn't get any of the pomp and theater, and definately didn't get the performance.

Going to a mustang you will be happy, trust me. It just feels right, that mix of modern, menace, and heritage refinement.
Ponyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:35 AM   #175
Registered Member
Regular

I prefer the look of the GT over the Challenger or the Camaro. I have never driven the GM or Mopar so I don't know how I'd feel about that.

Basically, I feel like they are all very similar and it comes down to personal choice. I could care less if I am faster (stock ) than the SS or the R/T because I don't race it anyway. I like the power of the GT but I am sure I would like the power of the SS or R/T as well.
2014SGM is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT