Challenger owner here... Convince me to buy a Mustang! - Page 7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-19-2014, 12:40 PM   #211
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
With the Hellcat, lol millionaires with $$$$ in the bank and nothing better to do going "oh shiny object!". I just watched Tanked on Animal Planet where they were building a tank for Shaq and they were in his garage asking about his cars. He goes "yeah I think the last time I drove that Ferrarri was in 1996..." Yeah...

At any rate the Hellcats with 707hp are doing what 11.8 on drag radials with the auto? I think AM's manual trans 2015 is doing mid 10s NA lol.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2014, 05:36 PM   #212
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
What!?

Unless they are very new money or collecting like some sultan, or Leno, then doubtful. Why in the world would they take one over a Viper?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #213
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
EASY question to answer

ULTARC said::
Quote:
Why in the world would they take one over a Viper?
First is that the Hellcat is a very limited edition.
The Viper is regular production.

Second is The hellcat is a muscle car
The Viper is just a "SPORTS CAR" and really nothing special about owning one.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2014, 08:45 PM   #214
Registered Member
Regular

Ah...all the rich yuppies I know would rather have a Five series over a GT500 because its Mustang. A real car lover may know the difference, but unless someone wants a hellcat for what it is, smart (and even dumb) money would get a Viper.

How limited edition is it?

Sports car vs whatever is BS. They are performance cars. Yes, oriented for different things, but labeling one one and the other another just causes arguments- not taking the bait.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 11-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #215
Registered Member
Regular

Completed my research- 2013 had 805 Vipers, while challenger hellcats were cut at 1200, now uncapped.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:34 AM   #216
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Good information Mister UltArc

I wonder how those that paid the dealer mark-up fees feel about the hellcat now being a full production car?

I do like the newer Vipers but I would prefer to have the Hellcat if I had the $$$$$$.

Ronnie
Old 11-20-2014, 10:49 AM   #217
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I would throw a turbo or twin turbo kit on my coyote before I bought a hell cat from a performance stand point and still be a lot cheaper. 41k sticker price plus a turbo kit vs what's the sticker on a hell cat? As for the looks I can't go anywhere without getting comments on my Mustang it almost gets annoying after a while. Then again mine isn't the plain Jane model.... All depends what someone's preference is I guess.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 11-20-2014, 11:52 AM   #218
Registered Member
Regular

I don't know.

I would never trust any chrysler to rely on. But with this, is the hellcat going to be better because maybe they care, or will it be worse because it is a low production model? I don't really care, but it interests me.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:10 PM   #219
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I received a call from a friend yesterday who recently moved to Florida, he was at a drag strip (somewhere around Lakeland) and witnessed a 100% stock, factory tire Challenger Hellcat run an 11.0 @ 127 with less than 500 miles on it.

That's impressive.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:22 PM   #220
Registered Member
Regular

I have a friend who works for a warehouse that ships out Chrysler parts. He said a lot of the newer parts are very cheap. Reason one I'd be hesitant to buy one. Reason 2 is my winter beater is a 01 grand cherokee Laredo 4.7. Supposedly a good quality truck. With only 105k on it the thing has a rough idle and has been turned up, the quadra trac 2 system is acting up, the window molding trim seems to be rusting from the inside and the ac took a **** already along with one heated seat. I don't consider 105k a lot of miles by today's standard. Disappointed with the reliability factor in Chrysler products. My last winter beater was a 99 gtp I ran upto 140k with no issues other then a broken sway bar link and a pcm that got moisture in it. Before that was a 96 Explorer I ran upto 160 k with 0 issues other then lack of ac and an exhaust manifold leak (old 5.0 problem). My other dd truck is a 06 envoy Denali 5.3 (mini ls1 lol) now with 136k on it and everything still works only thing it's needed was a water pump and rear air bags but that's maintenance imo. Just seems Chrysler falls behind in the quality department compared to the other big 2.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #221
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah they do. My budy has an 07 GMC Truck with the Displacment on Demand or whatever its called with 100k on it and it still looks near brand new and runs brand new as well.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #222
Registered Member
Regular

So I've decided to trade in the challenger. I'm placing an order tomorrow on a DIB GT PP. Going with x-plan.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
pietran30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:50 AM   #223
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietran30 View Post
So I've decided to trade in the challenger. I'm placing an order tomorrow on a DIB GT PP. Going with x-plan.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Good choice

Old 12-09-2014, 05:48 AM   #224
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Nice!
Old 12-09-2014, 07:32 AM   #225
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Oh No !!!

No more Challenger??

Really, I think you are going to be more then happy with your choice.
All I want to say is::Welcome to the club !

Send picture when you get it.

Ronnie
Old 12-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #226
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
One thing that I'd do though is also seriously consider the FP8 package, just because of how much better it looks. Basically the exterior is "done" for a considerable savings over new rims and accessories.

I've also driven both. The Challenger wins in terms of ride, looks, sound, and overall fun to drive on the weekends. But the Mustang wins for handling, actual use as a daily driver, reliability, and mpg. The Camaro wins for the engine (same as in the CTS) and pretty much nothing else. Horrid seats that make my back hurt, visibility that makes me feel like I'm already 85 years old peering over the steering wheel, an interior out of a rental car and twitchy over-boosted electric steering. It looks good, but I'd rather drive a 20 year old Volvo than it.

Of the typical 3 "Muscle Cars" it's the most driveable and refined. It's also by far the easiest to see out of and park of the three. The Mustang can easily be your only car. The Challenger, well, not as much.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #227
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOberlander View Post
One thing that I'd do though is also seriously consider the FP8 package, just because of how much better it looks. Basically the exterior is "done" for a considerable savings over new rims and accessories.

I've also driven both. The Challenger wins in terms of ride, looks, sound, and overall fun to drive on the weekends. But the Mustang wins for handling, actual use as a daily driver, reliability, and mpg. The Camaro wins for the engine (same as in the CTS) and pretty much nothing else. Horrid seats that make my back hurt, visibility that makes me feel like I'm already 85 years old peering over the steering wheel, an interior out of a rental car and twitchy over-boosted electric steering. It looks good, but I'd rather drive a 20 year old Volvo than it.

Of the typical 3 "Muscle Cars" it's the most driveable and refined. It's also by far the easiest to see out of and park of the three. The Mustang can easily be your only car. The Challenger, well, not as much.
That's all just YOUR opinion though. I think the mustang is 10x better than the challenger when it comes to ride, looks, sound, and overall fun to drive. And I wouldn't take the camaro engine over the coyote motor. Even with the better displacement and awesome low end torque. Everything here in this thread is based on our own opinions.
For example I'd drop my mustang in a heartbeat for a Vette... I'm sure plenty of people will disagree with what I said and think I'm an idiot.
DWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #228
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Get a Vette

After you get your vette and drive it a while you will find it a lot of pure expensive fun. Almost as much fun as your Mustang.
I had a 1998 and it was OK until it started falling apart. It was a total $$$$ nightmare getting a few things repaired.
You will probably be back in a Mustang after the corvette novelty wears off.

Ronnie
Old 12-09-2014, 02:54 PM   #229
Registered Member
Regular

If I wanted a crap box 98 corvette I would have bought one. I want a much newer, much nicer, unfortunately much more expensive corvette.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:47 PM   #230
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWoody View Post
That's all just YOUR opinion though. I think the mustang is 10x better than the challenger when it comes to ride, looks, sound, and overall fun to drive. And I wouldn't take the camaro engine over the coyote motor. Even with the better displacement and awesome low end torque. Everything here in this thread is based on our own opinions.
For example I'd drop my mustang in a heartbeat for a Vette... I'm sure plenty of people will disagree with what I said and think I'm an idiot.

I'd drop my mustang three times over for the new Z06 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 05:02 PM   #231
Registered Member
Regular

My thoughts exactly
Old 12-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #232
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWoody View Post
Everything here in this thread is based on our own opinions.
That's YOUR opinion.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:52 PM   #233
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for clarifying compstall. We can always count on you.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:57 PM   #234
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I'm a problem solver

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:55 PM   #235
Registered Member
Regular

Hahaha. Such a dick...
Old 12-10-2014, 12:35 AM   #236
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
GM does unfortunately build the best engines. Too bad the rest of the car is always such an unreliable mess with ergonomics stuck in the 80s. That's why it's unfortunate. To get the best engines, you have to make a deal with the devil and buy the rest of the car surrounding it.

Of course, it's a deal-killer for me. It's also why I'll never own a Corvette.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:43 AM   #237
Registered Member
Regular

If you're really into "driving" you want the mustang. I almost bought one but ended up in the mustang because it just drove much better.. felt more like a sportscar... if you don't care about that I'd suggest flipping a quarter because theyre both very good looking and sounding cars. I couldn't decide if I were only going by looks ect.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #238
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvrfastenough87 View Post
If you're really into "driving" you want the mustang. I almost bought one but ended up in the mustang because it just drove much better.. felt more like a sportscar... if you don't care about that I'd suggest flipping a quarter because theyre both very good looking and sounding cars. I couldn't decide if I were only going by looks ect.

I know everyone has their own opinions but how do you suppose a Mustang GT is a more truer sports car than a Corvette?

Corvette is lighter, faster, handles better, sits lower, and is a two seater.

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:34 PM   #239

Region: South Carolina
challengers are to heavy. Stangs are light and the coyote engine is the best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 12-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #240
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
I know everyone has their own opinions but how do you suppose a Mustang GT is a more truer sports car than a Corvette?

Corvette is lighter, faster, handles better, sits lower, and is a two seater.

I think he meant challenger vs Mustang. Though my Insight is lighter, corners faster, sits lower, and is a two seated...lol

Old 12-11-2014, 04:54 AM   #241
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yeah absolutely... my 99 C5 headers exhaust intake tune was ALOT faster than my 5.0... not so much on the bottom I mean the real stuff 100+

The only reason I got a mustang instead of a used C6, which you can get for under 30k now is because I just feel theyre too flashy.. I do sometimes regret not having that top end power I love though...
Old 12-11-2014, 04:59 AM   #242
Registered Member
Regular

But I can honestly say... I've had a 97 supra, 06 350Z, 99 C5, all modded... and I test drove the camaro ss, challenger srt8, C6, Subaru WRX .. Evo you name it.. tried em all.

Mustang is just nicer... feels better. Feels stronger, excellent build quality ect. Really nice car and since the new ones are out, a 13' like mine can be had with 10k on it for like 26k and under.. She came as is in the pics. Sticker price was over 50k with all the options and delivery to the dealer when it was new + it came with about 10k in mods... so yeah, grab a mustang

Hell probably less now.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #243
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvrfastenough87 View Post
But I can honestly say... I've had a 97 supra, 06 350Z, 99 C5, all modded... and I test drove the camaro ss, challenger srt8, C6, Subaru WRX .. Evo you name it.. tried em all.

Mustang is just nicer... feels better. Feels stronger, excellent build quality ect. Really nice car and since the new ones are out, a 13' like mine can be had with 10k on it for like 26k and under.. She came as is in the pics. Sticker price was over 50k with all the options and delivery to the dealer when it was new + it came with about 10k in mods... so yeah, grab a mustang

Hell probably less now.
You can get low mileage Coyotes for $20k flat if you look. The market is FLOODED with them right now and will likely stay that way for a while. In all honesty for the money there is really no better performance buy out there than a $20k low mileage 11/12 Coyote. Especially the Autos...

Old 12-11-2014, 03:39 PM   #244
Registered Member
Regular

If you can live with yourself driving an auto everyday. I couldn't. I enjoy driving way too much to just steer my car and not actually DRIVE my car.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:48 PM   #245
Registered Member
Regular

Select shift works GREAT... so glad I don't have a stick anymore.. and its makes traffic jams a breeze... but yeah just a regular auto.. hell no don't do that.. its a dog in auto

Now if it was my second car... 6m all the way

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT