Twin Screw or Centrifugal Supercharger - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-24-2014, 10:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Randeezy23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 88
Twin Screw or Centrifugal Supercharger

About to buy a supercharger and I am trying to decide between Roush or Vortech any advice would be appreciated, what advantage one would have over the other

Thanks
Randeezy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Deerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,019
We just installed the Vortech last weekend. Vortech or Paxton is pretty easy to DIY. The centri will drive just like your car drove until you get between 3500 and 4000 rpms and then it literally takes off. A Roush will start boost earlier i.e. has more torque. I cant imagine why you would need more torque. We have 3:73 rear end and 1st and second are almost useless now when you punch it. It will burn the tires off. We like the centri because how it is to daily drive and it was easy to install it ourselves. For the $ you will get quite a bit more rwhp with a centri as well. We got the "beefcake special" and got quite a bit knocked off that because how we paid. We bought the Votech V3, Boss adapter, JLT performance intake, ID1000 injectors, Maxflow BAP for $5900 and it INCLUDED tuning with Lund Racing. We added a Tial BOV, Tbolt clamps. We will dyno Monday morning, and I am confident we will see at least 615rwhp. For that rwhp in a Roush, it will cost you SIGNIFICANTLY more and you will probably have to pay for someone to install it for you. When you are pricing, always think about install and tuning, don't just look at the price of the unit by itself.
__________________
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Randeezy23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 88
I originally was going to go with a Roush but I started researching the Vortech and like what I have been seeing I read your write up about the vortech the other day and that really got me going more toward the vortech. Another question is should I replace my oil pump and gears when I install the supercharger.
Randeezy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
DeJoe8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Waterbury
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 148
If I end up supercharging, which I hope to, I'll be going Vortech/Paxton myself, for much of the same reasons Deerslayer stated. I don't plan to race, but Paxton can produce big numbers. The big thing for me is, from everything I've read, the driveability; stay out of boost and it's almost like stock. Rev over 4K, and hold on. I don't want my tires spinnining every time I hit the gas haha.
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Unless you plan on going built motor/ return style fuel system, then don't go with the Paxton. The vortech will be better for most people as it will be more efficient unless you are looking for 750+ at the tires

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Unless you plan on going built motor/ return style fuel system, then don't go with the Paxton. The vortech will be better for most people as it will be more efficient unless you are looking for 750+ at the tires

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Deerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,019
Rapinator is correct with that. The Vortech is more efficient under 750, if you plan on going above that, the Paxton is the way to go. If we had more time, we would have installed the billet oil gear. Really a good thing to do, but we are planning on staying in the 600 rwhp range and not dragging the car, so we opted not to install the gear........yet
I did a ton of research too on figuring out the route we wanted to go. So far, the setup is beyond what I was expecting.
__________________
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Randeezy23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 88
Man can't wait wait till I get mine going to get the vortech. Waiting for you to post your dyno numbers will be checking in on Monday or Tuesday for sure
Randeezy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winter Haven
Region: Florida
Posts: 407
Go with VMP, simple and reliable, Justin is also a great tuner

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joey8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Essex county
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefron50 View Post
Go with VMP, simple and reliable, Justin is also a great tuner

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
This. I'm debating between a tt setup or blower. If I go blower I will be getting the VMP kit. The torque curve is amazing and it's capable of making 800+rwhp.

Word is the maf reading from a paxton/vortech isn't the best and isn't the greatest. Granted most tuners out there get tune it so you won't notice it but I'm just letting you know.

Also to make peak boost with a Paxton/vortech you have to spin it quite high.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2014 Sterling Gray GT (Ordered1/24) (Built2/25) (ETA3/12) (Picked Up 3/21)l 443.9/417.8 l
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:42 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Deerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Word is the maf reading from a paxton/vortech isn't the best and isn't the greatest
LOL, That post on SVT is sooooooo full of ****. We installed the Vortech and I have data logs with the MAF shown. No way NEAR what that graph he posted on there. Our car runs beautifully and actually runs just like stock until you punch it. Idle, WOT, all the numbers are great. The thread you are quoting scared me when I first read it and I even balked buying a centri for a week or two because of it. I look back now and see it for what it was, smear to steer people in another direction.
We will have our car on the dyno before noon today to see what she lays down on paper. I am glad I went with my intuition and didnt fall for the BS in that thread about Paxton drivability. You drank the koolaid and are repeating what was said in that post with zero first hand experience with it.

Quote:
Also to make peak boost with a Paxton/vortech you have to spin it quite high.
Centri's KEEP making more boost the higher the rpm, twin screw's flat line at the top

In the end, it all depends on what you are doing with your car. Each Supercharger has their own qualities that set them apart. For us, the car being daily driven in a hot climate, the Centri is the way to go. We get too much tire spin in first or second as it is, we are not looking for more torque. I love the look of twin screws and the whine, but in the end, we wanted to DIY and the centri made more sense. I am glad we went this route. A buddy has a stage 3 Roush that is awesome. We will maybe go to Mexico and have a little fun together.
__________________
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #12
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randeezy23 View Post
About to buy a supercharger and I am trying to decide between Roush or Vortech any advice would be appreciated, what advantage one would have over the other

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randeezy23 View Post
Man can't wait wait till I get mine going to get the vortech. Waiting for you to post your dyno numbers will be checking in on Monday or Tuesday for sure
Good call! A Vortech or Paxton would have been my choice as well. You can't beat its drive-ability and max power output. In my eyes, it's the best of both worlds.

Definitely stick with the Vortech over the Paxton if you never plan on Forging the engine. As the Vortech will be much more efficient and technically put less load on the engine while not in boost. Not to mention it can easily be turned up to support 700rwhp+ when need be (if the shortblock can support it).

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Dallas TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
LOL, That post on SVT is sooooooo full of ****. We installed the Vortech and I have data logs with the MAF shown. No way NEAR what that graph he posted on there. Our car runs beautifully and actually runs just like stock until you punch it. Idle, WOT, all the numbers are great. The thread you are quoting scared me when I first read it and I even balked buying a centri for a week or two because of it. I look back now and see it for what it was, smear to steer people in another direction.
We will have our car on the dyno before noon today to see what she lays down on paper. I am glad I went with my intuition and didnt fall for the BS in that thread about Paxton drivability. You drank the koolaid and are repeating what was said in that post with zero first hand experience with it.


Centri's KEEP making more boost the higher the rpm, twin screw's flat line at the top

In the end, it all depends on what you are doing with your car. Each Supercharger has their own qualities that set them apart. For us, the car being daily driven in a hot climate, the Centri is the way to go. We get too much tire spin in first or second as it is, we are not looking for more torque. I love the look of twin screws and the whine, but in the end, we wanted to DIY and the centri made more sense. I am glad we went this route. A buddy has a stage 3 Roush that is awesome. We will maybe go to Mexico and have a little fun together.
While you hear whines from the twin screws, what kind of sound do you hear when WOT?
seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:58 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winter Haven
Region: Florida
Posts: 407
The VMP supercharger goes on the a/c belt so if it breaks you are not stranded, just no boost or a/c . Also no belt slipping. Simple bolton. Quiet till wot.Justin got over 900 r who with just a pulley change and race gas..Don't have to tap into your oilpan.Ecu controls the tire spinning. (traction control).I'm@ 10s of boost on a 2013 boss with 627 hp&545 #of torque. ..rear wheel.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:00 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winter Haven
Region: Florida
Posts: 407
Sorry for the spelling mistakes, stupid phone

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:01 PM   #16
Registered User
Newbie
 
handfiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 3
Roush or VMP. The best of all worlds. Big block torque, excellent street manners, definitely the most reliable system out there and it doesn't look like an add on accessory.
__________________
2012 Brembo Premium, 3.55, Roush TVS, 82mm Pulley, JDM tuned
MGW Shifter, Shaftmasters Aluminum Driveshaft, GT500 Cooling Fan
2013 Acura RDX Tech, AWD
1999 H-D Lowrider, 117 HP, 106 lb/ft
handfiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:18 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
ArtU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,067
Just an FYI; I traded my 3.7 V6 for a Coyote so I could put a twin screw on it later...V6 would only do a Centri...
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:21 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winter Haven
Region: Florida
Posts: 407
VMP is better than roush.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:24 AM   #19
Registered User
Newbie
 
AKRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Kalamazoo
Region: Michigan
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefron50 View Post
VMP is better than roush.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I've had the Roush for two years and have not had any issues. From what I can see the VMP is a copy of the Roush and I think they both come from Eaton Corporation. My guess there is little difference. If there is a difference I would side with Roush being better. Roush has been using the same design for several years and is able to warranty the entire motor and drive train for 36,000 miles. How many years has VMP been producing product and how do they back up there product?
__________________
2012 Mustang GT:
Grabber Blue, Black stripes, Glass Top, Chrome AMR Wheels, MT82 Transmission, Roush Stage 3 Supercharger, JDM Tune, 3.73 gears, 42 lb Injectors, Hurst shifter and Bassani Exhaust.
AKRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJoe8 View Post
If I end up supercharging, which I hope to, I'll be going Vortech/Paxton myself, for much of the same reasons Deerslayer stated. I don't plan to race, but Paxton can produce big numbers. The big thing for me is, from everything I've read, the driveability; stay out of boost and it's almost like stock. Rev over 4K, and hold on. I don't want my tires spinnining every time I hit the gas haha.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:31 AM   #21
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRA View Post
I've had the Roush for two years and have not had any issues. From what I can see the VMP is a copy of the Roush and I think they both come from Eaton Corporation. My guess there is little difference. If there is a difference I would side with Roush being better. Roush has been using the same design for several years and is able to warranty the entire motor and drive train for 36,000 miles. How many years has VMP been producing product and how do they back up there product?
VMP is using the new TVS 1900/2300 blowers which are a new design and light years superior to the Roush/Eaton stuff. If you don't know about the TVS blowers look them up.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #22
Registered User
Newbie
 
AKRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Kalamazoo
Region: Michigan
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
VMP is using the new TVS 1900/2300 blowers which are a new design and light years superior to the Roush/Eaton stuff. If you don't know about the TVS blowers look them up.
I just looked at the VMP web sight and they use the Eaton Twin Screw and port the elbow. Get on there web sight and read. The gains advertised by VMP are almost the same as those advertised by JDM on the roush. Look at the castings and they look identical.
__________________
2012 Mustang GT:
Grabber Blue, Black stripes, Glass Top, Chrome AMR Wheels, MT82 Transmission, Roush Stage 3 Supercharger, JDM Tune, 3.73 gears, 42 lb Injectors, Hurst shifter and Bassani Exhaust.
AKRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRA View Post
I just looked at the VMP web sight and they use the Eaton Twin Screw and port the elbow. Get on there web sight and read. The gains advertised by VMP are almost the same as those advertised by JDM on the roush. Look at the castings and they look identical.

Click me
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:25 AM   #24
Registered User
Newbie
 
AKRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Kalamazoo
Region: Michigan
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Look at the internet path below and read. They are using the Eaton SC, porting the elbow, modifying for pulley for a quick change and claiming fuel system upgrades. I'm not saying they are not a good set up but saying they are light years ahead of Roush is a stretch. In fact the performance gains are almost the same as the Roush with a boost a pump, and a JDM tune.

It's the tuning that makes the difference. Yes there are other great tuners other than VMP

Superchargers: VMP Tuning - Superchargers, Tuners, Custom Tunes, & Performance Parts
__________________
2012 Mustang GT:
Grabber Blue, Black stripes, Glass Top, Chrome AMR Wheels, MT82 Transmission, Roush Stage 3 Supercharger, JDM Tune, 3.73 gears, 42 lb Injectors, Hurst shifter and Bassani Exhaust.
AKRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:49 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Grabber Blue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Haven
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 3,510
The VMP TVS is much better than the Roush blowers. I've installed both and the difference is clear.
__________________
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A Redline Tri-Coat
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Jazz Blue Pearl Sold
2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Sold
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:18 AM   #26
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRA View Post
Look at the internet path below and read. They are using the Eaton SC, porting the elbow, modifying for pulley for a quick change and claiming fuel system upgrades. I'm not saying they are not a good set up but saying they are light years ahead of Roush is a stretch. In fact the performance gains are almost the same as the Roush with a boost a pump, and a JDM tune.

It's the tuning that makes the difference. Yes there are other great tuners other than VMP

Superchargers: VMP Tuning - Superchargers, Tuners, Custom Tunes, & Performance Parts
No, they aren't. Not sure where you are getting this info from but that link clearly says the Eaton TVS. The new TVS ... which is a totally redesigned blower than the old Eaton/Roush that I referenced before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
The VMP TVS is much better than the Roush blowers. I've installed both and the difference is clear.
Pretty much.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:51 AM   #27
Registered User
Newbie
 
AKRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Kalamazoo
Region: Michigan
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
No, they aren't. Not sure where you are getting this info from but that link clearly says the Eaton TVS. The new TVS ... which is a totally redesigned blower than the old Eaton/Roush that I referenced before.



Pretty much.
The VMP TVS is simply a ported eaton. Just like the Roush TVS is eaton. Look at the casting. It is identical. If you don't believe me call them and ask. Regardless, the gains are close to the same. Look at the upgrade packages that VMP has for the Roush. They are putting out the same HP as the VMP. VMP is just cutting out the middle man (Roush) by ordering them from Eaton direct.

P.S. I just sent them an e-mail asking them if theirs is manufactured by eaton and the differences between them and roush. I let you know what they say when they respond.
__________________
2012 Mustang GT:
Grabber Blue, Black stripes, Glass Top, Chrome AMR Wheels, MT82 Transmission, Roush Stage 3 Supercharger, JDM Tune, 3.73 gears, 42 lb Injectors, Hurst shifter and Bassani Exhaust.
AKRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:27 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Grabber Blue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Haven
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 3,510
The VMP kit has many advantages over the plain Roush. Upgraded dual fan setup, plug in play BAP, and the snout is machined for easy pulley swaps just to name a few. And the VMP tune is second to none although JDM does have a good reputation.
__________________
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A Redline Tri-Coat
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Jazz Blue Pearl Sold
2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Sold
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:20 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Ok I have a couple questions. The Vortech seems like a good kit but does it not make any power until 35-4000 or is that when your achieving full boost? Also am I understanding right in that if you want to have more power from a supercharger in low rpms you should get a root style supercharger?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:07 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
Ok I have a couple questions. The Vortech seems like a good kit but does it not make any power until 35-4000 or is that when your achieving full boost? Also am I understanding right in that if you want to have more power from a supercharger in low rpms you should get a root style supercharger?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
The centris make power all the way to red line as the rpm increases so does the boost , roots style make more power down low but do you want to sit there and spin the tires? And then they Peter out at around 5000 rpm while the centris keep pulling like crazy so for drag racing a centri will win every time.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:40 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
The centris make power all the way to red line as the rpm increases so does the boost , roots style make more power down low but do you want to sit there and spin the tires? And then they Peter out at around 5000 rpm while the centris keep pulling like crazy so for drag racing a centri will win every time.
Ok got it, thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:46 PM   #32
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,590
Positive displacement blowers do not "peter out" at 5k... With that said, yes the Centris pull harder up top. And if you are sitting spinning the tires with your roots/PD setup you have a ****ty suspension setup or can't drive or both.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:53 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
ArtU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
Ok I have a couple questions. The Vortech seems like a good kit but does it not make any power until 35-4000 or is that when your achieving full boost? Also am I understanding right in that if you want to have more power from a supercharger in low rpms you should get a root style supercharger?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
If you want low end rpm Torque, get a twin screw...Its well known back to the days of Car Toons magazines
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:54 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
ArtU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NW Ohio
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Positive displacement blowers do not "peter out" at 5k... With that said, yes the Centris pull harder up top. And if you are sitting spinning the tires with your roots/PD setup you have a ****ty suspension setup or can't drive or both.
+10 db over 9
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:57 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
AJcruz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: OKC
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
If you want low end rpm Torque, get a twin screw...Its well known back to the days of Car Toons magazines
Haha...word!
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Twin screw supercharger pro charger or single/twin turbo? bryn 2005-2010 Mustang GT 2 11-19-2016 11:11 AM
Twin screw v.s. Twin Turbo?? Mad_blackmusty 1996-2004 Mustang GT 11 11-19-2016 09:29 AM
Twin screw or centri? Need help deciding Edd204 2005-2010 Mustang GT 17 04-25-2013 03:41 PM
Everyday Driver: Turbo or Centrifugal Supercharger? helloWorld 2011-2014 Mustang GT 86 02-08-2013 09:33 AM
What would i need to do to my 5.0 302 engine so i can use a centrifugal supercharger? Haav 1979-1995 Mustang GT 3 06-28-2012 12:00 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:04 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.