Bama performance - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-25-2014, 11:45 PM   #1

Region: Pennsylvania
Bama performance

Has anyone gotten there stang dyno tuned by bama performance
grabberblueboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2014, 11:51 PM   #2

Mine was tuned by bama but I don't kno much about the process
grabberblueboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
(those who watch Southpark will get it)

2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2014, 08:51 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabberblueboss View Post
Has anyone gotten there stang dyno tuned by bama performance
Bama Performance doesn't actually over in house Dyno tuning to our customers at this time. However, our tunes are built on the dyno. We're constantly out there on our DynoJet spinning the rollers to improve our tunes and make any adjustments that can benefit you guys!

For every Bama Tune we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique mods and style of driving. This info helps us write custom tunes from the ground-up for your Mustang's mods that will give you the most horsepower that we can safely deliver. We're also constantly developing our tunes! Between our 14 different Project Mustangs and tons of street/track and dyno testing (on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC), we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys. We're also part of Fords Technology Transfer Program & Work very closely with Ford to insure that all of our tunes are perfect!

I've ran Bama tunes on my last few Mustangs, including my 2011 GT. The most current 11+ Coyote tunes are really good. Power, torque and drive abilty is all there!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:13 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post

*slow clap*
Old 05-27-2014, 10:31 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post

lol, amazing
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I dont feel this is entirely fair, Bama does a decent tune, the tuner they send is also a diagnostic tool, has 3 diffrent tunes on it based on what you want. if you have the right exhaust set up they have a "Ghost cam" tune that is pretty awesome and makes the car sound beastly. They also have free tunes for life so as you mod your car you can get it re-tunned. i have been running their tune for about 5 months now and have had no issues, i have noticed a much tighter throttle responce, especially 3k rpm and above.
crev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:17 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
All I can say with any canned tune is you had better be running a wideband if you truly give a **** about your car. It might seem a bit pricey and you need a new bung welded in etc... but even the best tuner in the world can screw something up much less a canned one. Running any tune without a wideband is pretty much flying blind.

Another thing to watch out for is that once you do get a 91 or 93 octane tune you need to really make sure you go to a gas station you trust. Around here, at least, there have been multiple cases of service stations putting 87 in all the tanks. One of the AM reps suggested carrying a bottle of Torco around in the trunk and that is actually a good idea if you fill up and notice the car acting funny. Would allow you to limp home safely where you'd flash back to stock and then run through that tank before filling up again somewhere else.

Then there is E85 which I wish we had around here. Also if you get bad tank of ethanol its easy enough to pull a sample in a phial and test yourself if its actually E85 or if they're watering it down like a bunch of assclowns. Wish we had E85 around here because its all I would run.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

By wideband, do you mean an AFR meter? I know at least the 11-14 o2 sensors are wideband. I'm running an E85 tune from Lund. The ecu can learn fuel trims and compensate if you get a "bad tank" of E85 because some gas station decides they only want to run E70. We have a local racing forum around here with guys that regularly go around to the handful of E85 stations in town and test the content. Most are pretty close (E70 and up) but one station decided it's ok to advertise "E85 with minimum 70% ethanol" and then fill the tank with E50.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:42 PM   #10
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yes I mean a good digital wideband AFR sensor completely independent of the stock systems so you have a number right in front of your face at all times to let you know you are stoich.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:50 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Absolute worst tune ever. There are countless threads here and on SVTPerformance.com about all the issues people have with these tunes.

My close friend tried multiple Bama tunes. His car surged, Knocked, and closed the throttle blades under acceleration. Total nightmare.

I contacted the AM rep here 2 weeks ago and he assured me someone would give him a call to straighten it out. Bama called him back TODAY 2 weeks later.

He has already got rid of the Diablo tuner and Bama tunes and got a Lund tune from Evolution Performance. His car picked up 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile and runs 100% with NO Knock ****** what so ever.

Do your car a favor and run a Lund Tune. They are the top of the game and breaking barriers every day. My car runs BETTER than stock but with way more power.
Justin81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:10 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin81 View Post
Do your car a favor and run a Lund Tune. They are the top of the game and breaking barriers every day. My car runs BETTER than stock but with way more power.
Basically this. I had my own issues with Bama but Dan from AM took care of it. Now I'm running Lund's E85 and 91/93 tunes. I make 420/395 (ish) with true E85 (the 416/393 was on E70 and only halfway through the tuning process) and my only mods are a cold air intake, injectors, and an off road x-pipe.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crev View Post
I dont feel this is entirely fair, Bama does a decent tune, the tuner they send is also a diagnostic tool, has 3 diffrent tunes on it based on what you want. if you have the right exhaust set up they have a "Ghost cam" tune that is pretty awesome and makes the car sound beastly. They also have free tunes for life so as you mod your car you can get it re-tunned. i have been running their tune for about 5 months now and have had no issues, i have noticed a much tighter throttle responce, especially 3k rpm and above.
Free tunes for life as long as you own THAT car. Still all the big tuners give free revisions, not just Bama. Everyones SCT device can scan for codes so nothing special there.

Question. What have your logs showed? How much timing is being commanded?
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:49 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

The "free tunes for life" program actually costs $150. The cost is added to the tuner when you purchase it.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

And you'll be using the free tunes for life program because you'll never get on e that's right.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:35 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Free tunes for life because that's how long it will take them to get it right.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:10 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Free tunes for life as long as you own THAT car. Still all the big tuners give free revisions, not just Bama. Everyones SCT device can scan for codes so nothing special there.

Question. What have your logs showed? How much timing is being commanded?
Not my car, but heres your logs:

Bama is better.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:25 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

LOL two meaningless videos that show nothing. I gather then that you've never data logged your tune because you don't know how to so you assume your tune is safe. Typical.

I'd ask you how fast your Bama tuned car has run at the track but you'd probably post up someone else's videos.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:46 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
LOL two meaningless videos that show nothing. I gather then that you've never data logged your tune because you don't know how to so you assume your tune is safe. Typical.

I'd ask you how fast your Bama tuned car has run at the track but you'd probably post up someone else's videos.
you mad bro?
Old 05-28-2014, 07:06 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

one stock GT will run the same as another stock GT, there are negligible differences based on wear of vehicle and some elevation and temperature variations but a canned tune will work just the same. I could see your point if you were running the car in extreme climate variations were the ground temp soars to 110 or in the arctic where its -10, or perhaps very high elevation where the air is thinner. but a canned tune will work fine for a stock car or even a car that has a few minor mods. IF you are running with alot of power and have it super charged, turbo charged, nitro etc, than obviously a caned tune is a bad idea, and you wont even get one from bama in that circumstance anyways
Jon Lund does canned tunes too, he just doesn't have any for the new mustang models

if my engine blows, ill post pictures on here of it with an apology to my nay-saying ways.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:28 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Another member of this site who's sniffing glue. ^

Lund doesn't have tunes for New Mustangs? Are you smoking crack? His tunes are in the fastest record breaking Coyote cars in every category. His "canned" tune is in my '13 and my friends '13 who picked up 2 tenths over a bama tune.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:12 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

From his website:
Mail Order Tuning - Lund Racing

he offers canned tunning for older models, none for newer. if you want a newer tune, you have to go threw the "Remote tuning session"

Im not refuting he does a good tune. his tunes are ment for cars that are heavily moded. a stock car who wants a some gains, or even a car with just a few mods will get a nice tune from Bama, thats canned, and about half as much as a Jon Lund tune, and will give you better gains.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by crev View Post
From his website:
Mail Order Tuning - Lund Racing

he offers canned tunning for older models, none for newer. if you want a newer tune, you have to go threw the "Remote tuning session"

Im not refuting he does a good tune. his tunes are ment for cars that are heavily moded. a stock car who wants a some gains, or even a car with just a few mods will get a nice tune from Bama, thats canned, and about half as much as a Jon Lund tune, and will give you better gains.
Just copied from the website...

2005 – Current Mustang (V6 and GT), Boss, and GT500
2005 – Current F150 (gas only) including Raptor
2003-2004 SVT Mustang Cobra

Reading comprehension ftw?

Old 05-28-2014, 08:58 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

What is it about this site that people are spewing false information like it's gospel?

What part of "I have a canned tune in my '13 GT did you not understand?"

I walked into Evolution, gave him my info and he installed an Email tune into my device 5 minutes later. The Lund tune is only $50 more than the Bama tune. So for $50 you get a tune from a world championship, record breaking, Artist of the trade. Or you can save $50 and get a dime a dozen, #8 failing, worst write ups in the game tune. Take your pick
Old 05-28-2014, 09:11 PM   #25
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
What is it about this site that people are spewing false information like it's gospel?

What part of "I have a canned tune in my '13 GT did you not understand?"

I walked into Evolution, gave him my info and he installed an Email tune into my device 5 minutes later. The Lund tune is only $50 more than the Bama tune. So for $50 you get a tune from a world championship, record breaking, Artist of the trade. Or you can save $50 and get a dime a dozen, #8 failing, worst write ups in the game tune. Take your pick
Preaching to the choir here man. What is hilarious that the link he posts completely refutes what he is saying regardless lol.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:20 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Hopefully the OP got some useful information about Bama tunes and I hope he realizes that there are better options if you take the time and look. I think people just think it's easy and it must be good since it's through American Muscle. AM is a good company and a good site.

My prediction is that AM is going to drop that Bama line someday and get a contract with better tuner. You'll see.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:29 PM   #27
Staff
Regular
Staff

AM is a great vendor and if you have a problem with one of their products it will get resolved quick. I like them especially because they are 1 state over.

However, if I had a Coyote there is 0 way in hell I'd run a bama tune.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:46 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
...He has already got rid of the Diablo tuner...
That is the issue. I got sucked into that fark tuner on my V6 and AM switched me to a SCT and lots of issues all got better...
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:55 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I'll just leave this here...

Lund tune btw.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:05 AM   #30
REG
Registered Member
Regular

I'm curious, are you being sarcastic here, as I'm not familiar with the tuning process.
If you have an understanding of what they r altering I d like to pick your brain.
Thanks
REG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:08 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Me too!
sguevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:26 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by REG View Post
I'm curious, are you being sarcastic here, as I'm not familiar with the tuning process.
If you have an understanding of what they r altering I d like to pick your brain.
Thanks
Can you be more specific with the question? What exactly are you looking to know. I just didn't know which post you were referencing.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by REG View Post
Thanks
Tuners alter lots of things. the Ford performance tune claims to alter over 600 tuning points.

In a nut shells they remove some nannies (some you can say leave in live rev limiters and speed limiters) , alter fuel/air tables, timing tables, shifting tables in automatic, the fly-by-wire throttle on our cars has the sensitivity increased.

On my V6, I always asked to leave the rev and speed limiters stock. The ECU has a black box recording max revs,speeds, and even g force. I didn't want to exceed factory specs.

I traded up to the 5.0 V8 now with Manual trans, and I don't feel the need to have a tune. The v6 needs at tune, it wakes it up, the auto shifted mean, and its faster than the cars I modded in the 70s.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:15 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks ArtU!!
sguevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:41 PM   #35
REG
Registered Member
Regular

on dyno plot
1) Back to back runs?
2) why the dip in torque on the one run in two spots with no change in power?
REG is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT