ForgeStars on AM - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-29-2014, 11:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
ForgeStars on AM

So I finally decide to go with the ForgeStars F14 wheels. Is there any other major difference in size of wheels rather than price? I am thinking about getting 18's and lowering the car. Would 19's be better? My sole purpose is not for competitive racing but occasionally throwing some horse power down. Thanks
dustr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2014, 07:50 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Generally speaking, larger wheels have more unsprung weight. Since many aftermarket wheels are lighter than stock (any size), larger still may be lighter overall. Larger wheels generally also have more expensive tires which may add up in the long run.

Aesthetically, I prefer 19s or Shelby 20s to my factory 18s. If you found a wheel that you like as an 18, see if you can find a sample of the larger ones to compare.

If you're looking to put horsepower down, have you looked at a staggered set?
offroadcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I am going to go staggered either way. I'm just up in the air about 18's and 19's... Having to buy tires every year sucks and 18's might be cheaper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2014, 11:13 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

If you're going to spend that kind of cash on f14's i wouldn't bother with getting 18's, that's just me though. 19", although the ideal size..tires are very expensive and can be hard to find. I love the look of 20's, the tires are cheaper and if you find the right tire you'll be able to put the power down anyways.
2013 DIB 3.7-Pypes Pype Bomb black axlebacks, BBK shorty headers, Bama & MPT tunes, Steeda Ultralite Springs, J&M steel adj. panhard, Roush hood scoop, Street scene Gen 2 chin spoiler painted to match, Custom billet grille, painted side mirror covers, 20" gloss black AMR wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos.

Follow me on instagram @that_deep_impact
Deep_Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Holy crap they are expensive. $400 per wheel? Are they literally 2x better than AMR wheels?
Old 05-30-2014, 01:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadcameron View Post
Holy crap they are expensive. $400 per wheel? Are they literally 2x better than AMR wheels?
They are forged not cast so significantly lighter, plus they have the correct offset. I put another brand of wheels on my last car that were cheaper without the correct offset for the wider rear tires I ran it pushed them out past the fender well and didn't look that great imo...
Big Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:12 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Q View Post
They are forged not cast so significantly lighter, plus they have the correct offset. I put another brand of wheels on my last car that were cheaper without the correct offset for the wider rear tires I ran it pushed them out past the fender well and didn't look that great imo...
That would make sense for cheap wheels, but AMR wheels are from AmericanMuscle.com. I'm pretty sure they fit right if they are selling them.

According to website, they are only 3lbs lighter per wheel. I don't know if I'd call that significantly lighter. They're not magnesium or anything.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
ForgeStars on AM

Those other wheels were more than the AM wheels, and from another mustang online store similar to AM. Not saying anything is wrong with them but they are cheaper for a reason
Big Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:40 PM   #9
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustr24 View Post
So I finally decide to go with the ForgeStars F14 wheels. Is there any other major difference in size of wheels rather than price? I am thinking about getting 18's and lowering the car. Would 19's be better? My sole purpose is not for competitive racing but occasionally throwing some horse power down. Thanks
For the best looks, I'm prefer 19" wheels on the 11-14 S197 Mustangs personally. However for the best function, the 18" will hook to the pavement better with a slightly larger sidewall tire (not too large). The weight between the two is minimum and I wouldn't pick one over the other because of weight.

Lastly, it's always nice to run cheaper tires on the 18's, but that's just a plus in my eyes. Hope this helps!

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadcameron View Post
That would make sense for cheap wheels, but AMR wheels are from AmericanMuscle.com. I'm pretty sure they fit right if they are selling them.

According to website, they are only 3lbs lighter per wheel. I don't know if I'd call that significantly lighter. They're not magnesium or anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Q View Post
Those other wheels were more than the AM wheels, and from another mustang online store similar to AM. Not saying anything is wrong with them but they are cheaper for a reason
Yes, we do guarantee the AMR wheels will fit all of the applications listed on their product page. If you want to see which Mustang models and years are included, just head to the product page and check out the "Fitment" box.

The AMR wheels were literally designed to be fitted for 05-14 and 94-04 Mustangs! I can assure you they all fit nicely.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1401495469.304622.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	158268Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1401495490.840455.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	957.1 KB
ID:	158269
20x9/20x11 F14s from AM
Old 05-31-2014, 07:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
Attachment 158268Attachment 158269
20x9/20x11 F14s from AM

That's a nice setup. Do you have it lowered?
Old 06-01-2014, 11:55 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Thanks, and Yes.. K springs (1.5" all around)
Old 06-02-2014, 01:56 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Yes, we do guarantee the AMR wheels will fit all of the applications listed on their product page. If you want to see which Mustang models and years are included, just head to the product page and check out the "Fitment" box.

The AMR wheels were literally designed to be fitted for 05-14 and 94-04 Mustangs! I can assure you they all fit nicely.

Shane
Shane,

I bought the AMR wheels and have them on my 2012 GT now. Both the tire store and myself were surprised they are not a hub-centric fit. I kind of expected that feature on a Mustang specific wheel.

-Dan
skramblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:44 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skramblr View Post
Shane,

I bought the AMR wheels and have them on my 2012 GT now. Both the tire store and myself were surprised they are not a hub-centric fit. I kind of expected that feature on a Mustang specific wheel.

-Dan

So you need to add hub-centric rings? Do you know if these are included when you order a kit?
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:57 PM   #15
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Shane,

-Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCon View Post
So you need to add hub-centric rings? Do you know if these are included when you order a kit?
Correct, the AMR wheels are lug centric not hub centric. No need to add hub centric rings or buy special lug nuts. They work perfectly with the factory lug nuts and factory hub. We literally have thousands of customers running these wheels with the factory lug nuts and no hub centric rings with zero problems!

Hope this clarifies things. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 06-03-2014, 05:27 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Correct, the AMR wheels are lug centric not hub centric. No need to add hub centric rings or buy special lug nuts. They work perfectly with the factory lug nuts and factory hub. We literally have thousands of customers running these wheels with the factory lug nuts and no hub centric rings with zero problems!

Hope this clarifies things. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Shane
Actually, I'm battling some vibration issues with the new wheels now. I did change tires and wheels as the same time. Tire shops been trying a few tricks and rotated the tires around trying to track it down. Haven't quite nailed it down yet. Maybe bad tire. Maybe bad wheel.
skramblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:37 AM   #17
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Actually, I'm battling some vibration issues with the new wheels now. I did change tires and wheels as the same time. Tire shops been trying a few tricks and rotated the tires around trying to track it down. Haven't quite nailed it down yet. Maybe bad tire. Maybe bad wheel.
I can't say I know for sure, but I'd willing to bet it's a bad tire. Does the shop have a road force balancer? If you have the wheels tested/balanced on a road force balancer, it will tell you if the tire or rim is corrupted. I don't suggest trying and tricks getting the wheels to balance correctly, they should balance perfectly fine on their own, unless something is wrong.

Keep me updated with your progress. Send me a PM with your First/Last name and Shipping address. If for any reason we do discover the wheels structure has been compromised, we can absolutely return it!

Shane
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT