2 tint tickets same cop within a hour - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-31-2014, 09:10 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Where do you live?
5pointOHHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2014, 09:10 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Fairfax va
Tangtang2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:29 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Where do you live?

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

That's not to far, I'm going to a car show in mechanicsville around 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2014, 09:32 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

That's almost 2 hours from where I am haha
Tangtang2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:32 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Old 05-31-2014, 09:58 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Change your user name to 5 point Doh!

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:15 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pointOHHH View Post
Mechanicsville is 2 hours away man. That's about right between where I live now, and GMU

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:05 AM   #43
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Don't they have to do a bunch of eye tests and all that though?
Well in my case yes. I've had a detached retina, and 7 surgeries. It was pretty obvious that I qualified.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:07 AM   #44
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
I hate cops in general due to their trained hardass attitude but they have a good reason to be tough on tints and I agree with them on it. Just this one thing.

If they can't see who's in the car then criminals and wanted thugs can evade the cops. That and you can hide behind the tint with a bazooka for all they know.
Precisely. It's a safety issue.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:16 AM   #45
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Funny how there's people here in Phoenix with 5% all around including windshield and nothing happens to them
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:39 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
For me I have and will never tint my windows at all. First, I don't want to make it any more difficult to see at night. I would think that would be like driving with sunglasses on. Second, I enjoy being seen in my cars, it's a good feeling when people look to see who is driving the cool car. Why would I want to hide myself? That's just me....
Haha. Move to Florida and see if ur opinion changes! Keeps the inside about 30degrees cooler, keeps the dash from cracking, and the interior from fading.
I've got 15% sides and 5% rear and it is fine at night. Cheaper brands get blurry and harder to se at night.
Troy
Old 05-31-2014, 11:48 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Lucky, in VA even with a Medical waiver, it's only 35 all around, and either 70 on the windshield, or 35 at the top of the windshield

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:02 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Lucky, in VA even with a Medical waiver, it's only 35 all around, and either 70 on the windshield, or 35 at the top of the windshield Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Dang in georgia the legal limit is 32% +- 3% so technically 29% with anything on the top six inches of the windshield
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:39 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

I run 5% on all my vehicles. I'm glad I'm in Oklahoma the law is lenient here.although 35 is minimum the cop cars have 5 on them. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
MP187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:41 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Got mine tinted last night

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1401583259798.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	158271  
Old 05-31-2014, 07:42 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

I love 5%

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1401583314488.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	158272  
Old 05-31-2014, 07:49 PM   #52
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
Funny how there's people here in Phoenix with 5% all around including windshield and nothing happens to them
Different state, different law. Each state sets the amount of tint that they will allow. And southern states and those with a lot of high temperatures typically allow more tint. Come to Michigan and the front windows can barely be tinted (can't remember the number now) for safety reasons. The cops were tired of walking up to a car and not being able to see the driver - only to have a gun pointed at them when they got next to the car. So several years ago the legislature changed our law.

Found it -- Michigan law allows 35% on the rear side windows, and the top 4" of the front side windows. The front side windows can be tinted under the medical exception, but still only 35%. And, the car can only be legally driven by the person who has the medical prescription/letter - anyone else will be ticketed for illegal front window tint.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:48 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
You really have nothing to complain about. You got illegal tint and you paid the price. Never would have happened if you stuck to the law. I understand being upset about a second ticket but thats not his problem. You could have peeled it off yourself to avoid getting another ticket. Should have skipped your friends house and went straight home.

I agree you have 5% tint man did you really think the first cop that sees you is not going to realize that is dark as **** and i better pull him over?

Look i have a black 14 mustang and i would love to have very dark tint. Hell i would be very happy w 20% but i went ahead and got 35% because i didnt want to **** my pants every time i saw a police car or have to roll down my windows.
1800CoolGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:13 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800CoolGuy View Post
I agree you have 5% tint man did you really think the first cop that sees you is not going to realize that is dark as **** and i better pull him over? Look i have a black 14 mustang and i would love to have very dark tint. Hell i would be very happy w 20% but i went ahead and got 35% because i didnt want to **** my pants every time i saw a police car or have to roll down my windows.
Haha exactly how I feel and what I do with my 5% but hey been pulled before they've never had a problem still freaky though some days I do wish I just kept my 35% and forgot the hassle
Old 06-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

2 tint tickets same cop within a hour

had 7% tint on my maxima and never got pulled over for it.. looked even darker because the interior was black.. i have 20% on mustang now and got pulled over for it.. just shows that having a loud car is far more noticeable than a quiet car in my opinion.. and honestly, if u have tint, riding with the windows down kinda defeats the purpose to me.. and im in north georgia (kennesaw)
Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:32 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
So I got my car tinted today, yes it was illegal tint I had 5% put over top of my 50% on the doors then I had 5% put on too of 35 in the back, sides equaled out to 3%, went to my buddy's house there's a checkpoint in his neighborhood, got asked to pull to the side of course got a ticket for my tint, first ticket ever so I get to his house and leave 30 minutes later get stopped at the same checkpoint by the same cop and tells me to pull over. He says "what are you doing I told you to get that fixed" I said I'm going home he says "Idc where you going you didn't listen to me" so then I was like am I getting another ticket he said yeah so st that point I'm pissed because it's complete bull**** how is someone suppose to get tint removed within 30 min, then he finally said if we see you driving around with that tint anymore we are towing your car and your going to jail (I'm guessing for the night) so I had to get my friend to tow me all the way back to my house. So yeah has this happened to anyone
For those who brought up the idea of going to the local eye doctor and trying to get a medical waiver to have darker tint, Are You Stupid?

Do you think a doctor would risk losing or getting his medical license suspended so you can drive around with darker tint to be cool?

Instead of looking at the present, how do you think when you apply for a job down the road? If you don't list it in any physical exam, you can be fired for falsifying your application. Do you actually think if your eyes are in such a medical problem, it will just go away?

Find out what is legal for the State your in and leave it at that. You don't want to fix it, you will continue to get pulled over and your vehicle towed. All of these tickets go into a database, every time your pulled over, the police can pull up your driving history. Don't be STUPID and try and Lie your way out of it.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:29 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP View Post
Haha exactly how I feel and what I do with my 5% but hey been pulled before they've never had a problem still freaky though some days I do wish I just kept my 35% and forgot the hassle
Wow your tint looks super black, id love to have something like that. I am amazed that any cop car sees you and doesnt turn on his lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
had 7% tint on my maxima and never got pulled over for it.. looked even darker because the interior was black.. i have 20% on mustang now and got pulled over for it.. just shows that having a loud car is far more noticeable than a quiet car in my opinion.. and honestly, if u have tint, riding with the windows down kinda defeats the purpose to me.. and im in north georgia (kennesaw)
Seems like we got alot of guys on this forum that are from Georgia. We should do a Mustang meet one day!

I live in Dekalb county but i am in Kenesaw few times a month because my sister lives there.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:34 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wow your tint looks super black, id love to have something like that. I am amazed that any cop car sees you and doesnt turn on his lights.

Seems like we got alot of guys on this forum that are from Georgia. We should do a Mustang meet one day!

I live in Dekalb county but i am in Kenesaw few times a month because my sister lives there. Maybe ill see yah and ill definitely beep at you or something lol. If you see a blacked out mustang know its me and not somre random crazy guy beeping at you hahaha

lmao sounds good bro.. im always trying to meet up with mustang members.. none of my friends have mustangs, but i'll be the black guy in the blue mustang with the loud exhaust listening to schoolboy q👍
Old 06-01-2014, 11:38 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
lmao sounds good bro.. im always trying to meet up with mustang members.. none of my friends have mustangs, but i'll be the black guy in the blue mustang with the loud exhaust listening to schoolboy q👍
lol i just deleted part of my post because i thought you were the guy with the silver mustang and then i realized you dont even have pic of your car.

Haha i am the white guy listening to rap / hip hop / and EDM full blast lol.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:35 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I live in Dekalb county but i am in Kenesaw few times a month because my sister lives there.
Nice man I'm at kennesaw state university
Old 06-02-2014, 12:36 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP View Post
Nice man I'm at kennesaw state university

no way bro.. me too, i stay in uPointe we have to meet up one day
Old 06-02-2014, 01:50 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

I don't know how it works in NC but in TX, if you show the officer your previous ticket for a fix it item like tint, and it's before your initial court date, they cannot issue another ticket. Sounds like you caught the guy on a bad day.
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:58 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I spent $600 on my wincos tint to keep all the heat out. Whole car + windshield, youre damn right i stayed legal. Carry the paper work to rub it in those bastard's faces when they decide to get cute and pull me over

Borla Exhaust Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eZpnBuQiag

GT500 Muffler sound clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkGKwxQkTc8
Filth and Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:02 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filth and Fury View Post
I spent $600 on my wincos tint to keep all the heat out. Whole car + windshield, youre damn right i stayed legal. Carry the paper work to rub it in those bastard's faces when they decide to get cute and pull me over

Any problem proving your paperwork is current and that the windows haven't been touched again since?
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:09 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

No, theyre more than welcome to put their meter on it. Also theres a sticker under the film stating whats specs and all that pretty easily visible

Old 06-02-2014, 08:12 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filth and Fury View Post
No, theyre more than welcome to put their meter on it. Also theres a sticker under the film stating whats specs and all that pretty easily visible

Sounds good! Never had tint so I wasn't sure how all that works.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:13 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Hahaha yeah. I kind of got mad at the tint joint for putting that sticker under my film. I said "hey man i never said you could advertise on my car" and he said "thats only stating what film is on the car and what requirements it meets".

Old 06-02-2014, 09:13 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

I live in VA My 2014 is black I went with the NC 35% because 50% is just not enough I have not had any issues looks or second thoughts I have been next to state, county, sheriff cars and in many counties with no issues. 5% however is an automatic ticket.
Paradone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:16 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I'm in PA. Legal tint is 70% all around, which is essentially nothing. I put 20% on the rear and quarters and 35% on the front windows. Had both locals and state cops drive behind me and haven't been stopped yet. It's really just luck of the draw. There are a lot of factory cars/vans/suvs that have what looks to be almost 20% on all windows but the front so I didn't think they'd care that much even though I know they can pull me over for it since it isn't factory. On the front I went 35% because I didn't want to push my luck and I also like other drivers being actually able to see my face when I'm at an intersection. I'd be willing to bet if you went lighter than limo tint they wouldn't give you as much of a problem.

Point being that I'm aware that my tint is illegal so if I got a ticket for it I could only blame myself.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:39 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Did he verify your tint with a tint-meter? Either way, the second ticket is BS. While I don't have an issue with the first ticket (you yourself said the tint was illegal), expecting someone to remove window tint in 30 minutes is absurd. When you go to court that second ticket will be dropped however I'd fully expect the first ticket will stand. Which means you'll likely need to show proof of the problem being rectified and pay a court fee.

All in all, for your first ticket a tint ticket is not a bad way to go. Certainly more expensive tickets out there. As for your contact with that officer, its unfortunate. As someone who works in law enforcement I can tell you there are many people who excel at the job and demonstrate a keen sense of fairness and common sense. But like any profession we have our fair share of retards...

Good luck with the tickets!
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT