2 tint tickets same cop within a hour - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-02-2014, 11:45 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
no way bro.. me too, i stay in uPointe we have to meet up one day
Yeah man definitely!
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2014, 11:53 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradone View Post
I live in VA My 2014 is black I went with the NC 35% because 50% is just not enough I have not had any issues looks or second thoughts I have been next to state, county, sheriff cars and in many counties with no issues. 5% however is an automatic ticket.

Well you see the only thing that really irritates me is that my buddy has a 08 ram lifted with 37s 20in rims with 3 I Dont Know how you'd say it but 3 sheets of 5% on his back doors and 2 sheets of 5% on his front doors with his windshield tinted to 35% yet I get pulled over not even 12 hours of having it
5pointOHHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:54 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pointOHHH View Post
Well you see the only thing that really irritates me is that my buddy has a 08 ram lifted with 37s 20in rims with 3 I Dont Know how you'd say it but 3 sheets of 5% on his back doors and 2 sheets of 5% on his front doors with his windshield tinted to 35% yet I get pulled over not even 12 hours of having it

lmao 3 sheets of 5% wow
Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2014, 11:55 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
lmao 3 sheets of 5% wow

I couldn't think of another way to say it hahaa
Old 06-03-2014, 01:35 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post
I'm in PA. Legal tint is 70% all around, which is essentially nothing. I put 20% on the rear and quarters and 35% on the front windows. Had both locals and state cops drive behind me and haven't been stopped yet. It's really just luck of the draw. There are a lot of factory cars/vans/suvs that have what looks to be almost 20% on all windows but the front so I didn't think they'd care that much even though I know they can pull me over for it since it isn't factory. On the front I went 35% because I didn't want to push my luck and I also like other drivers being actually able to see my face when I'm at an intersection. I'd be willing to bet if you went lighter than limo tint they wouldn't give you as much of a problem.

Point being that I'm aware that my tint is illegal so if I got a ticket for it I could only blame myself.
It's wonderful that many people here have experienced that they have been able to get away from breaking the law.

But advocating breaking the law isn't nor should it be a good way to go about things around here or anywhere.

Thanks for admitting that you've been able to get away with things though. Thank god we don't have idjuts on this forum who might read posts like these and assume its some sort of rebellious action that they might not get caught...
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:36 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
As I see it you failed to abide by the law and got caught twice . You went out the same way the checkpoint was instead of taking it off at friends house or going home . Take it off learn your lesson and learn to abide by the law and you will be fine . As much as I want darker windows I know 35% is legal and being a Leo you can't enforce anything you do yourself
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:24 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No Virginia, I just can't wait to see him In court because I know the second tickets gonna get dropped after they hear the story and the first will be dropped if I get the problem fixed
I'm in VA as well (Stafford), cops will pull you over for the craziest things. Some cops will let go where others they will just give you crap every time. Same with blacked out headlights and tail lights. Some people get aways with it, others get stopped all the time.

Hopefully you can change it out for a good price and get some new stuff on.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:26 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
I'm in VA as well (Stafford), cops will pull you over for the craziest things. Some cops will let go where others they will just give you crap every time. Same with blacked out headlights and tail lights. Some people get aways with it, others get stopped all the time.

Hopefully you can change it out for a good price and get some new stuff on.

Well my backs still 0% as well as quarter windows but my fronts back at 50 like it was before I got it done
Old 06-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well my backs still 0% as well as quarter windows but my fronts back at 50 like it was before I got it done
That's cool as long as you don't bring attention to yourself you are good. LOL I know easier said then done in a Mustang.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:33 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Well you woulda thought I would have been pulled over for being too loud who woulda thought a loud fast car would get pulled over for tint instead of that other **** smh
Old 06-03-2014, 07:34 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well you woulda thought I would have been pulled over for being too loud who woulda thought a loud fast car would get pulled over for tint instead of that other **** smh
LOL I hear yeah, I don't know what they are thinking at times. LOL
Old 06-03-2014, 07:38 PM   #82
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
You never know with these things.... There are so many obvious illegal things with my Mustang, but instead I've gotten pulled over in our regular truck for no front plate, never in the Mustang.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:39 PM   #83

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post
I'm in PA. Legal tint is 70% all around, which is essentially nothing. I put 20% on the rear and quarters and 35% on the front windows. Had both locals and state cops drive behind me and haven't been stopped yet. It's really just luck of the draw. There are a lot of factory cars/vans/suvs that have what looks to be almost 20% on all windows but the front so I didn't think they'd care that much even though I know they can pull me over for it since it isn't factory. On the front I went 35% because I didn't want to push my luck and I also like other drivers being actually able to see my face when I'm at an intersection. I'd be willing to bet if you went lighter than limo tint they wouldn't give you as much of a problem.

Point being that I'm aware that my tint is illegal so if I got a ticket for it I could only blame myself.
That is not correct. Here is the Pa Vehicle Code Laws for window tint in Pa. No tint is actual permitted in the front windows or windshield.

§ 4524. Windshield obstructions and wipers.

(b) Obstruction on side and rear windows.--No person shall drive a motor vehicle with any sign, poster or other nontransparent material, including ice or snow, upon the side wings or side or rear windows of the vehicle which materially obstructs, obscures or impairs the driver's clear view of the highway or any intersecting highway. The placement of a registration permit upon the side or rear window of a vehicle shall not be considered a material obstruction.
(c) Other obstruction.--No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or material hung from the inside rearview mirror or otherwise hung, placed or attached in such a position as to materially obstruct, obscure or impair the driver's vision through the front windshield or any manner as to constitute a safety hazard.

(e) Sun screening and other materials prohibited.--
(1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any sun screening device or other material which does not permit a person to see or view the inside of the vehicle through the windshield, side wing or side window of the vehicle.
(2) This subsection does not apply to:
(i) A vehicle which is equipped with tinted windows of the type and specification that were installed by the manufacturer of the vehicle or to any hearse, ambulance, government vehicle or any other vehicle for which a currently valid certificate of exemption has been issued in accordance with regulations adopted by the department.
(ii) A vehicle which is equipped with tinted windows, sun screening devices or other materials which comply with all applicable Federal regulations and for which a currently valid certificate of exemption for medical reasons has been issued in accordance with regulations adopted by the department.
(3) A certificate of exemption shall be issued by the department for a vehicle which is:
(i) Registered in this Commonwealth on the effective date of this subsection and is equipped with a sun screening device or other material prohibited under paragraph (1) on the effective date.
(ii) Equipped with tinted windows, sun screening devices or other materials for a physical condition that makes it necessary to equip the motor vehicle with sun screening material which would be of a light transmittance or luminous reflectance in violation of this section.
bullet3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:51 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1401846608.988754.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	819.0 KB
ID:	158520 I have 5% all the way around & 60% on my windshield
dentman43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:31 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Get 35% on the front. That's what I did with mine.

Also, completely irrelevant to this thread... My buddy and I parked our mustangs next to yours at the Walmart in short pump the other day. We took a pic and tried to run in to walmart to print it and leave it on your windshield before you left, but unfortunately you left before we got back out lol. It's a fun lil thing we do every time we see a mustang on a trip to walmart.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:05 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Get 35% on the front. That's what I did with mine.

Also, completely irrelevant to this thread... My buddy and I parked our mustangs next to yours at the Walmart in short pump the other day. We took a pic and tried to run in to walmart to print it and leave it on your windshield before you left, but unfortunately you left before we got back out lol. It's a fun lil thing we do every time we see a mustang on a trip to walmart.

Convertible cobra??
Old 06-03-2014, 11:07 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

And I'll actually be at walmart sometime Saturday to print out pictures for court lol maybe I'll see you there, I normally park by the taco bell
Old 06-03-2014, 11:17 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

I just went through my pics. It was actually a diff white mustang we parked next to, and then saw yours parked closer towards the GNC side, took a pic cuz we liked the license plate lol.

And nah, 2010 gt & 2014 v6

Here you go :p
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1401855409.854183.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	875.8 KB
ID:	158526
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:18 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Oh **** I was getting my hair cut that was awhile ago haha, we should go to some shows sometime!
Old 06-03-2014, 11:20 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

If you don't mind me asking how old are you lol
Old 06-04-2014, 12:47 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet3z View Post
That is not correct. Here is the Pa Vehicle Code Laws for window tint in Pa. No tint is actual permitted in the front windows or windshield.

§ 4524. Windshield obstructions and wipers.

(b) Obstruction on side and rear windows.--No person shall drive a motor vehicle with any sign, poster or other nontransparent material, including ice or snow, upon the side wings or side or rear windows of the vehicle which materially obstructs, obscures or impairs the driver's clear view of the highway or any intersecting highway. The placement of a registration permit upon the side or rear window of a vehicle shall not be considered a material obstruction.
(c) Other obstruction.--No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or material hung from the inside rearview mirror or otherwise hung, placed or attached in such a position as to materially obstruct, obscure or impair the driver's vision through the front windshield or any manner as to constitute a safety hazard.

(e) Sun screening and other materials prohibited.--
(1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any sun screening device or other material which does not permit a person to see or view the inside of the vehicle through the windshield, side wing or side window of the vehicle.
(2) This subsection does not apply to:
(i) A vehicle which is equipped with tinted windows of the type and specification that were installed by the manufacturer of the vehicle or to any hearse, ambulance, government vehicle or any other vehicle for which a currently valid certificate of exemption has been issued in accordance with regulations adopted by the department.
(ii) A vehicle which is equipped with tinted windows, sun screening devices or other materials which comply with all applicable Federal regulations and for which a currently valid certificate of exemption for medical reasons has been issued in accordance with regulations adopted by the department.
(3) A certificate of exemption shall be issued by the department for a vehicle which is:
(i) Registered in this Commonwealth on the effective date of this subsection and is equipped with a sun screening device or other material prohibited under paragraph (1) on the effective date.
(ii) Equipped with tinted windows, sun screening devices or other materials for a physical condition that makes it necessary to equip the motor vehicle with sun screening material which would be of a light transmittance or luminous reflectance in violation of this section.
That just says that they have to be able to see you through the front windows the way I understand it. I based my comments off of the tintlaws website. I'm not a lawyer though.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Post pics
Old 06-09-2014, 02:03 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentman43 View Post
I have 5% all the way around & 60% on my windshield
Where are you located?
Old 06-09-2014, 02:06 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP View Post
Where are you located?

Hanover wbu
Old 06-09-2014, 06:53 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
First, I am for safety of Law Enforcement Officers, you learned a lesson and your dad can tell you how risky being an officer is.

But, this is America and why is a non-constitutional checkpoint/papers please still being allowed in our country? Oh yea, we tossed that bill of rights out the windows long ago it seems; that's more important than the tint or how loud the car is.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No Tint? What about factory tinted windshields? New cars & tricks have a slight factory window tint integrated into the glass, that's tint. So do they make PA only windshields for K1500 trucks?
Old 06-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Call me crazy, but couldn't you just roll your front windows all the way down before you pulled over and gave him a chance to get out of his car and see them up close? Then if he asks you to roll them up, tell him to get a warrant?

I'd never go more than 25% on mine, personally. The legal limit here is 35% on the side and rear windows. A buddy has 20% on his and tells me he sometimes has to roll his down to see out of the car at night.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:56 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSconvert View Post
Call me crazy, but couldn't you just roll your front windows all the way down before you pulled over and gave him a chance to get out of his car and see them up close? Then if he asks you to roll them up, tell him to get a warrant?

I'd never go more than 25% on mine, personally. The legal limit here is 35% on the side and rear windows. A buddy has 20% on his and tells me he sometimes has to roll his down to see out of the car at night.

I have seen people driving with no lights on occasion. I would hate to pull out and get killed by one of those idiots because I couldn't see them, all because of something as simple as dark window tint.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:46 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
No Tint? What about factory tinted windshields? New cars & tricks have a slight factory window tint integrated into the glass, that's tint. So do they make PA only windshields for K1500 trucks?

Reading is not boring.
bullet3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:13 AM   #100
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Lol, this thread. The eye doctor waiver... tried that, they told me to wear sunglasses and its only for ppl who have a legit diagnosed condition. At least in NJ. Maybe I should find a diff. doctor or something but I tried it with 2 different ones.

At any rate, I think tint laws are idiotic personally and they are only in place so cops can see into your car when they pull you over. In NJ we can't have tint on our front windows at all but can have the back as dark as we want. Ok, so the cop walking up can't see anything going on till he is almost up to the window, that's really safe for him...

As far as obeying tint laws, well the law is the law honestly. If you choose to roll the dice and run tint illegally don't cry when you get caught. Honestly going through the same damn checkpoint with the tint twice was about the stupidest thing the OP could have done. Go home a different way or go right home and take a diff car or peel off the tint with some simple green and a razor blade. This is like getting ticketed for an expired registration and getting told to "drive right home even though I am legally supposed to tow you" by the cop and then driving right by the same cop an hour later. If I was that cop I probably WOULD have towed the OP the second time after doing him the favor of not calling a tow truck the first time. Think about it from the cop's perspective, its kind of insulting honestly.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:54 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Reading is not boring.
Thanks for the clarification ! But that is not what the post said, it said ANY and that would include factory. It could have said PA does not allow any aftermarket tint

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet3z
Just being "Picky" sorry.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:32 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
You either interpret what the law says with sound judgment or, keep finding excuses for what you think is a loophole as long as you have time to spend in court trying to justify yourself. How much is your time worth to you?

This is also why a simple 2 page sheet of rules turns into 200 pages before you know it. Wonder why the books become so daunting to read because there's always some fool out there bending rules.

Best example I have, I got into an argument with a SMSgt on base a few years ago while on his motorcycle. Air Force instructions clearly state that long sleeves are required. This dingbat has his sleeves pulled up to his elbows...

Interpret what I'm saying?

Sent from The Prophecy
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT