2 tint tickets same cop within a hour - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
2 tint tickets same cop within a hour

So I got my car tinted today, yes it was illegal tint I had 5% put over top of my 50% on the doors then I had 5% put on too of 35 in the back, sides equaled out to 3%, went to my buddy's house there's a checkpoint in his neighborhood, got asked to pull to the side of course got a ticket for my tint, first ticket ever so I get to his house and leave 30 minutes later get stopped at the same checkpoint by the same cop and tells me to pull over. He says "what are you doing I told you to get that fixed" I said I'm going home he says "Idc where you going you didn't listen to me" so then I was like am I getting another ticket he said yeah so st that point I'm pissed because it's complete bull**** how is someone suppose to get tint removed within 30 min, then he finally said if we see you driving around with that tint anymore we are towing your car and your going to jail (I'm guessing for the night) so I had to get my friend to tow me all the way back to my house. So yeah has this happened to anyone
5pointOHHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2014, 10:27 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Did you learn a lesson today?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I did until the cop was being a dick harassing me about my lisence plate, saying stuff like yeah that tint looks really good id do it too, then sayin I'm never gonna be a police officer with tint tickets and all thatClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1401506956.358024.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	1,020.3 KB
ID:	158249
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2014, 10:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I wanted 5%.... I have a black 2014... Tint man told me are you stupid kid... Your 25 with a kick *** car and any cop would love to give you aeaningless tocket... I said ok mr what do you suggest.... His response legal. So I did it to save the headache end of story

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

That is tough luck ... Your marked now so get it changed
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I am I have an app at 8am so I gotta leave at 630 he's doing it for free and putting 43% on sides, who woulda thought I have a loud *** car, racing stripe, with race looking tires, never gotten stopped but wait let's stop him now for darker windows it's ****ing bull****
Old 05-30-2014, 10:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Are u from ft myers? Lol
BoostedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:54 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

No Virginia, I just can't wait to see him In court because I know the second tickets gonna get dropped after they hear the story and the first will be dropped if I get the problem fixed
Old 05-30-2014, 10:56 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pointOHHH View Post
No Virginia, I just can't wait to see him In court because I know the second tickets gonna get dropped after they hear the story and the first will be dropped if I get the problem fixed

Where in virginia if you don't mind me asking
Tangtang2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:56 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Hanover, Ashland cops are worthless
Old 05-30-2014, 10:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Oh damn well good luck man
Old 05-30-2014, 10:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Oh ill be fine my dads taking care of it he's been a police officer for 26 years in Richmond
Old 05-30-2014, 11:05 PM   #12
Regular
Supporter

You really have nothing to complain about. You got illegal tint and you paid the price. Never would have happened if you stuck to the law. I understand being upset about a second ticket but thats not his problem. You could have peeled it off yourself to avoid getting another ticket. Should have skipped your friends house and went straight home.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:05 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Dang that sucks man I've had my 5% for about a year now pulled over 3-4 times since then and no cop has ever said anything about the tint at all I don't think they care much in georgia at least not the north atlanta area.
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:10 PM   #14
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
You really have nothing to complain about. You got illegal tint and you paid the price. Never would have happened if you stuck to the law. I understand being upset about a second ticket but thats not his problem. You could have peeled it off yourself to avoid getting another ticket. Should have skipped your friends house and went straight home.
I happen to agree. I keep my car legal despite getting grief from my friend, but I have better things to do with my time then get traffic tickets, and deal with grumpy cops.

Now the cop could've chilled out a bit, but he has every right to tow the car.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:10 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

No it irritates me that you'll have lifted trucks with way darker door windows then mine and they let them go but just because it's a sports car they decide to go all out, I've had 0 on my truck for I Dont Know how many months never gotten stopped or anything
Old 05-30-2014, 11:15 PM   #16
Regular
Supporter

Well you know that's never gonna work. "Hey,everyone else was running the stop sign"..........doesn't matter. It is what it is. You are lucky you aren't in the **** im in right now with a dirty *** DPS officer. It's costing me lawyer fees to fight his made up BS reckless driving charge that he took me to jail for.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:18 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No it irritates me that you'll have lifted trucks with way darker door windows then mine and they let them go but just because it's a sports car they decide to go all out, I've had 0 on my truck for I Dont Know how many months never gotten stopped or anything
Yeah I agrees with this all the guys I knew in high school had the darkest tint on their trucks i don't know what it is with cops but they must just not feel threaten by a truck kinda dumb if you ask me but that still sucks you got a ticket the day you put it on though especially seeing how sick it looks with that white paint and black wheels!
Old 05-30-2014, 11:20 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Biggest waste of 150$ I've ever spent, maybe if i had for a few months It wouldn't be as bad but not even 6 hours after getting it come on now
Old 05-30-2014, 11:24 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Biggest waste of 150$ I've ever spent, maybe if i had for a few months It wouldn't be as bad but not even 6 hours after getting it come on now
Yeah I know right you don't even get to enjoy it at all! sucks man but at least your state does allow some tint even if it is light you might want to try to get a tint waiver from a doctor I hear they're easy to get just say your eyes hurt and they'll sign it I think federal law allows 20% on the sides and anything on the back and rear for those waivers. If I ever get a ticket that's probably what I'll do.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:31 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Don't they have to do a bunch of eye tests and all that though?
Old 05-30-2014, 11:43 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hanover, Ashland cops are worthless
I've heard that area sucks. So glad I'm down here in the Suffolk area, but will be going to Fairfax for college, so I got darkest legal to be safe. I wanted 35/20...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:46 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP View Post
Yeah I know right you don't even get to enjoy it at all! sucks man but at least your state does allow some tint even if it is light you might want to try to get a tint waiver from a doctor I hear they're easy to get just say your eyes hurt and they'll sign it I think federal law allows 20% on the sides and anything on the back and rear for those waivers. If I ever get a ticket that's probably what I'll do.
I may try and get this, and I probably could. I do get light sensitive sometimes.

2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:34 AM   #23
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
I may be misreading something, but would 0 mean that it lets nothing through as if you had just painted over your windows with black paint. And as much as it sucks, you took the chance by getting tint that dark. Maybe you should have had them remove the factory tint rather than stacking them.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:39 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I've heard that area sucks. So glad I'm down here in the Suffolk area, but will be going to Fairfax for college, so I got darkest legal to be safe. I wanted 35/20...

Are you going to George mason?
Old 05-31-2014, 12:41 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't think so at least not in georgia literally all you have to do is say the light hurts your eyes and they'll sign the papers that's what my friend did. Just go see your eye doctor for an exam.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:22 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Also i dont know if your state is the same but my state only supplies the tint meter that slides over the top of the window so they couldn't even check the back if they wanted to so you might could get away with 50 on the sides and 5 of the quarter windows and the rear windshield it would probably make your 50 look like 35 you might even get away with 50 on the windshield
Old 05-31-2014, 03:31 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
You're taking a risk when you get illegally tinted windows. It's just not worth it.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:03 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I hate cops in general due to their trained hardass attitude but they have a good reason to be tough on tints and I agree with them on it. Just this one thing.

If they can't see who's in the car then criminals and wanted thugs can evade the cops. That and you can hide behind the tint with a bazooka for all they know.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:38 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Old 05-31-2014, 06:06 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Personally I like getting the tint illegal because when I get pulled over for speeding 9 out of 10 times I would just get a tint ticket. Im am extra nice have my license, registration, insurance card out, car off and my hands where they can see them. I just try to make them very comfortable. Haven't been pulled over in 6 years for speeding but I think that's just cause I've grown up just a little bit.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
14 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:04 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
When you get a ticket for tint, or similar, you have a time frame to get it fixed...usually 48-72 hours. Same as when you purchase a new car, you have same which enables you to get to the dmv (or place to repair) to get it registered. if you get a ticket on fri eve, the dmv, and many shops, are not open till mon am.
Btw, if you go to court, tell him u had it replaced the next day and show him a pic of the new tint. Since this was ur first ticket, Ask him for court supervision. He will most likely not have you pay both tickets, and only pay the court fees...usually about $35-50. Ask me how i know this!
Troy
Old 05-31-2014, 08:18 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangtang2.0 View Post
Are you going to George mason?
Yeah

Old 05-31-2014, 08:32 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So I got my car tinted today, yes it was illegal tint I had 5% put over top of my 50% on the doors then I had 5% put on too of 35 in the back, sides equaled out to 3%, went to my buddy's house there's a checkpoint in his neighborhood, got asked to pull to the side of course got a ticket for my tint, first ticket ever so I get to his house and leave 30 minutes later get stopped at the same checkpoint by the same cop and tells me to pull over. He says "what are you doing I told you to get that fixed" I said I'm going home he says "Idc where you going you didn't listen to me" so then I was like am I getting another ticket he said yeah so st that point I'm pissed because it's complete bull**** how is someone suppose to get tint removed within 30 min, then he finally said if we see you driving around with that tint anymore we are towing your car and your going to jail (I'm guessing for the night) so I had to get my friend to tow me all the way back to my house. So yeah has this happened to anyone

You cant get the same ticket for same tints on same day
yunior32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:41 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
For me I have and will never tint my windows at all. First, I don't want to make it any more difficult to see at night. I would think that would be like driving with sunglasses on. Second, I enjoy being seen in my cars, it's a good feeling when people look to see who is driving the cool car. Why would I want to hide myself? That's just me....
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:08 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Yeah

Nice I live right next to it haha

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT