Suspension questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-03-2014, 04:12 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Suspension questions

I'm trying to tighten up the front end suspension/lowered maintenance.I bought the car with lowering springs already installed so im playing catch up with the proper supporting mods for a lowered car.I I'm looking at Steeda's bump steer kit and ball joint kit and also while I'm at it inner tie rods as well.With the bump steer kit it says it's adjustable,how would I gauge I guess is the best word how to properly adjust it.(if that makes any sense)basically I'm confused on what I'd be looking to adjust when installing.Or is this something that is done during the alignment??And I also want to make sure installing the bump steer or ball joint kit won't change my ride height correct?Appreciate any help as I'm trying to learn but it's a process and I'm afraid to ask for help lol
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2014, 06:19 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue5.0 View Post
I'm trying to tighten up the front end suspension/lowered maintenance.I bought the car with lowering springs already installed so im playing catch up with the proper supporting mods for a lowered car.I I'm looking at Steeda's bump steer kit and ball joint kit and also while I'm at it inner tie rods as well.With the bump steer kit it says it's adjustable,how would I gauge I guess is the best word how to properly adjust it.(if that makes any sense)basically I'm confused on what I'd be looking to adjust when installing.Or is this something that is done during the alignment??And I also want to make sure installing the bump steer or ball joint kit won't change my ride height correct?Appreciate any help as I'm trying to learn but it's a process and I'm afraid to ask for help lol
If it only has lowering springs the next step would be new shocks and struts. I prefer koni. I don't think the parts you are looking at are really needed.

Sent from my HTC One X using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Competition Auto Dyno 93Race Tune, Flowmaster Outlaw Axle-Back, JLT Oil Separator, Barton Two-Post Shifter, Airaid CAI, BMR LCA w/relocation bracket, SR Performance Adj Panhard Bar, Whiteline Panhard Bar Support Brace, MM camber plates, Koni STR Shocks/Struts, Steeda Ultralight Springs. Future Mods: aluminum Driveshaft, Barton short throw shifter, BMR adj UCA, long tubes/H-Pipe
2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Here are the directions for adjusting the kit on the alignment rack:

http://www.steeda.com/store/uploads/555-8106-1.pdf

What does the car currently have on it ... if you are lowered from a previous owner .. does it have a panhard bar?

Send me an email at tim@steeda.com & let's discuss what your options are. No, the ball joints will not raise the car.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2014, 01:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I put a panhard bar on myself,it's got rear LCA,relocation bracket and the panhard bar,and lowering springs.Thats all the suspension work done so far
Old 06-04-2014, 02:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Okay ... what are you goals & what do you do with the car? Are you looking for a better handling DD or are you looking to drag or track it?

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 06-05-2014, 12:25 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Looking for a better handling DD with potential for some light Auto crossing.The power is more than enough,in the end I'll probably have full exhaust,intake,tune.Basic bolt ons,but I want it to handle much better than it does right now
Old 06-05-2014, 08:07 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I do not see any upper strut mounts on your list of equipment. (That is highly recommended)

How much lower is the car than stock?

If you would like ... please send me an email at tim@steeda.com & we can talk off-line about your options & how to achieve your goals with the proper set-up.

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 06-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Just sent you an email

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT