Eibach Pro Sysytem Plus or Sport System Plus?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Eibach Pro Sysytem Plus or Sport System Plus??

2013 GT owner here with 20" wheels. Would love to hear from anyone who has either. I want to go low as I can but it is a daily driver. That said I am in Naples, FL. We have great roads but I just worry about curbs and the occasional speed bump. N real pothole issues here. Just give me feedback if you will. For the record here are the other suspension mods going in at the same time:

J&M Extreme Joint Rear Lower Control Arms
Steeda Adjustable Street Rear Upper Control Arm
Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2014, 08:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Bumping this thread because I'm interested in this as well.
Big Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
You cant go wrong with the Pro System Plus. We ran it and loved it. We upgraded to their Eibach R2 Coilovers. The ride is great and the adjust-ability is unreal.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I used the pro system plus and am happy. You will notice a difference. I also used control arms and Panhard bar (different brands) and the result was great. I do notice though if I have someone in the passenger seat I need to be cautious on speed bumps! I will be watching this thread too - I'm curious about clearance when adding long tubes to a lowered car using this setup. Anyone??
teabagsax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:36 PM   #5

Region: Indiana
I have sport lines on my 2013 gt with kooks long tubes and I've never bottomed out. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1402169769.963050.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	715.9 KB
ID:	158758
bladenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:28 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teabagsax View Post
I used the pro system plus and am happy. You will notice a difference. I also used control arms and Panhard bar (different brands) and the result was great. I do notice though if I have someone in the passenger seat I need to be cautious on speed bumps! I will be watching this thread too - I'm curious about clearance when adding long tubes to a lowered car using this setup. Anyone??
I am about to buy the pro system plus kit. Are you seriously bottoming out on speedbumps with only one passenger! that scares me a little actually.
mattk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:25 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Eibach Pro Sysytem Plus or Sport System Plus??

Sport lines are a better looking drop but the prokit is adequate. Although the Eibach shocks and struts aren't the best. I asked around cuz they were less expensive than than the Tokico adjustables but quite a few online reviews/comments say its not strong enough to even dampen pro kit springs.

I got the sportlines and at first I was worried about clearing curbs when I park. As of 2 years now I've only scraped twice. All the other times the front was able to clear the curbs.

You didn't list a relocation bracket for the LCAs. Pro kit might not need it but sportlines definitely will be better off.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:26 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
My car stock wont clear the curbs here in wv! We must have tall curbs. Everytime I park, I have to stay back from the curb.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:48 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Sport lines are a better looking drop but the prokit is adequate. Although the Eibach shocks and struts aren't the best. I asked around cuz they were less expensive than than the Tokico adjustables but quite a few online reviews/comments say its not strong enough to even dampen pro kit springs.

I got the sportlines and at first I was worried about clearing curbs when I park. As of 2 years now I've only scraped twice. All the other times the front was able to clear the curbs.

You didn't list a relocation bracket for the LCAs. Pro kit might not need it but sportlines definitely will be better off.
I have never really cared too much about the amount of drop (because I think the stang already looks amazing). What I more care about is the body roll while under hard acceleration/braking/turning. I want a stiffer spring, while still being able to drive without breaking my back with every bump in the road (it's my dd). Is there a better kit than eibach pro system that you'd recommend? Also I've heard the sport system is better but I've also heard it limits the ride quality in favor of performance. How is your ride quality with them, any broken backs recently? lol
Old 06-26-2014, 10:35 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I have read a few things online (take that for what its worth) that state the sportline actually drop the center of gravity too much to a negative effect handling wise. True? False? Conjecture?
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:54 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Is there a better kit than eibach pro system that you'd recommend? Also I've heard the sport system is better but I've also heard it limits the ride quality in favor of performance. How is your ride quality with them, any broken backs recently? lol
I can add my .02 to this as we have used the Eibach pro system plus and NOW have switched and our present system is incredible.
We changed from the Pro System Plus, to Eibach's R2 coil over package. I am not going to lie, we were worried about the ride quality switching to coil overs, but after having this system on for a month now and putting it through its paces, the R2 system is incredible. The ride is SO much better as we have it set on the softest settings. Our suspension used to be fairly harsh on rough roads and some bumps would make you cringe. No more. We are even lower than before and the car does not bottom out, takes the same bumps that rattled our teeth so much smoother. We dialed up the damper and rebound and did some aggressive road racing and the car STICKS. Unreal the difference in feel between the two settings. In 5min, you can go from a comfortable ride to firm feeling race car. Though pricey, so happy we went this route. The car is ride SO much better. The setups we progressed from - HR springs/boss shocks struts > Eibach Pro System Plus . Eibach R2 coil overs. Each upgrade felt better from the previous, however with the R2, it is like we get two cars in one.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Old 06-26-2014, 01:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattk08 View Post
I have never really cared too much about the amount of drop (because I think the stang already looks amazing). What I more care about is the body roll while under hard acceleration/braking/turning. I want a stiffer spring, while still being able to drive without breaking my back with every bump in the road (it's my dd). Is there a better kit than eibach pro system that you'd recommend? Also I've heard the sport system is better but I've also heard it limits the ride quality in favor of performance. How is your ride quality with them, any broken backs recently? lol
Nah lol my back's fine. The benefit of using an adjustable shocks is you can dial in the resistance of the shocks to help dampen the springs.

Most of the roads here are ok with just a lot of wavy ups and downs. For these roads I set if at just one setting above middle and I don't get the excessive bounce. If the roads are rough with a bunch of little imperfections then a softer setting will even it out.

You could get the coilovers that Deerslayer recommended. It's a pretty penny I think but if you can afford it then go for it.

As far as you don't care about the drop and only really care about body roll then sway bars would be a good answer even without lowering your car. Again adjustable bars allow you to dial in the stiffness.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green5.0 View Post
My car stock wont clear the curbs here in wv! We must have tall curbs. Everytime I park, I have to stay back from the curb.

Yeah seriously. I'm from Beckley wv and you cannot clear any of
Em lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
WhiteCali5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCali5oh View Post
Yeah seriously. I'm from Beckley wv and you cannot clear any of
Em lol

In that case... I'm glad I'm in Dallas, TX.

GO DALLAS!!! Lol
Old 06-27-2014, 02:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I have the Pro System Plus and I am really happy with it. I don't bottom out on speed bumps, so that's not an issue. I found the PRO just gave me enough lowering without going too low, but that is all personal taste. I think my Girlfriend and my Mom aren't too happy with the change, because the ride is quite a bit rougher . But cornering is excellent and it really has made a huge change to how the car handles.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:53 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzep View Post
I have the Pro System Plus and I am really happy with it. I don't bottom out on speed bumps, so that's not an issue. I found the PRO just gave me enough lowering without going too low, but that is all personal taste. I think my Girlfriend and my Mom aren't too happy with the change, because the ride is quite a bit rougher . But cornering is excellent and it really has made a huge change to how the car handles.
Thanks man! answered my question perfectly
Old 07-02-2014, 08:15 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

ok two questions.

first, for the each pro plus can i use camper bolts or better safe than sorry and go with plates.

second and probably a total noob question is I only need for front right? don't need front and rear set do i?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-03-2014, 08:14 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

We used the Eibach lobed bolts and had zero issues. Had it aligned perfectly. Unless you are a serious road racer, they are MORE than adequate enough. Personally, I would save you some $ get the bolts and put the saved $ towards other mods.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:30 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Probably the bolts tensile strength is higher than the general shearing forces required to break them as long as they're not over torqued but I can help but imagine there's that reason they say don't use it for race applications.

There might still be some DD situations that might cause the bolts to break. Such as:

Wear and tear on weekend backroad excursions over a long period of time.

"Accidentally" playing Dukes of Hazzard on a nice little bump in the road and going momentarily airborne.

You pay more for insurance in like two or three months than the $250-300 it'll probably cost you to buy a camber plate. And this is pretty much for the life of the vehicle just in case you're harder on your car than you think.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I would really look into the Bilstein B12 kit, much better dampers than Eibach's. Koni is also a much better option than Eibach Dampers. Their springs are great, dampers... not so much.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:29 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I have Eibach springs but went with Koni dampers and am very happy with the setup. The Koni's are priced competitively and come with a lifetime warranty.

As far as the camber bolts, that's what I'm running. I looked at the CC plates but thought it was overkill for my needs. I never plan to track my car or autocross it so the bolts work fine and now everything's aligned.
84GCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:31 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Just seems hard to beat the price of $900 for sway bars, springs and shocks/struts. Budget is a factor for me or my build would look different lol
Old 07-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I ended up buying the Eibach pro system plus. It just arrived at my house yesterday so I havent had a chance to put it on yet but from a quick inspection everything seems to be good quality. Cant wait to put them on this weekend and try them out!
Old 07-03-2014, 01:45 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattk08 View Post
I ended up buying the Eibach pro system plus. It just arrived at my house yesterday so I havent had a chance to put it on yet but from a quick inspection everything seems to be good quality. Cant wait to put them on this weekend and try them out!
^^^^ Jealous of this guy^^^^

Post pics before and after of drop would you please. And let me know what you think. God I cant want to get it saved up for The suspension mods
Old 07-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
^^^^ Jealous of this guy^^^^

Post pics before and after of drop would you please. And let me know what you think. God I cant want to get it saved up for The suspension mods
Will do, Ive heard we dont really need to get CC plates but I plan on tracking my car a little so I might as well get them. Ive also heard the OEM strut mounts are garbage and can break if not super careful handling them. So a little nervous about that
Old 07-03-2014, 06:19 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
We've had about 5 guys break their cc bolts or at least stretch them.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:16 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
thanks for the info, I went ahead and got MM C/C plates just because I didn't want to worry about it. That and gt500 strut mounts dont fit the 2011+ model suspensions :/
Old 07-09-2014, 08:01 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
Any specifics... did this happen on the track, commute to work or what? Also, care to mention the brand of bolt(s)?
84GCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

found a new set of sporting plus for 609! was going to go with pro set but checked with guy. he said clearance fine and road down here good. i am ruling on 255/35/20 and he said that gives me more clearance than the stock 19's i had which i thought also. gonna pull trigger. thank goodness for visa lol

Old 07-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
found a new set of sporting plus for 609! was going to go with pro set but checked with guy. he said clearance fine and road down here good. i am ruling on 255/35/20 and he said that gives me more clearance than the stock 19's i had which i thought also. gonna pull trigger. thank goodness for visa lol

so the roads around you are good enough that you can get the sport line springs? awesome!

Are you worried about ride comfort at all? lol
Old 07-10-2014, 05:35 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

comfort... isn't that a corner at tip speed lol

Old 07-10-2014, 08:01 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Very well said lol

Old 07-15-2014, 09:40 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Decided to go with Sportline. Roads here are immaculate. I did not go with full kit. Going to keep stock sway bars for now to save some money. Got BMR LCA, UCA and panhard to go with it. Cant wait!!
Old 07-17-2014, 07:50 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Please post pics when you have it installed!

Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

I just installed my eibach pro system. Rides beyond belief better. It's much flatter around turns and to my amazement the ride quality feels stock, like zero extra ride harshness! Completely recommend

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT