Beat the Vettes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-07-2014, 12:04 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Beat the Vettes

First post here on tech thread. Im going to talk to local speed shop soon but 72 hr work week is time/opportunity is a little Heck tick so I wanted to throw my question by you all.

I have 2013 Gt 5.0 can anyone tell me what mods I have to do to BLOW the doors off Vettes. I'm no racer just a guy that would like that assurance. So seasoned folks please lend me some of your .02ยข

i.e s/c , gears, light weight kit, suspension kit, boss intake?, any and all if you will . This will help curve my build thank you very much in advance . WOT !!! <.<

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
PureIsClean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2014, 12:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureIsClean View Post
First post here on tech thread. Im going to talk to local speed shop soon but 72 hr work week is time/opportunity is a little Heck tick so I wanted to throw my question by you all.

I have 2013 Gt 5.0 can anyone tell me what mods I have to do to BLOW the doors off Vettes. I'm no racer just a guy that would like that assurance. So seasoned folks please lend me some of your .02ยข

i.e s/c , gears, light weight kit, suspension kit, boss intake?, any and all if you will . This will help curve my build thank you very much in advance . WOT !!! <.<

Just get a GT500 lol jk
But some advice i can give you is that however much HP you pack into your car make sure to have that suspension to be able to put that power to the ground and control the car.
As far as blowing the doors off a corvette depends which one what year etc. I have a 12 V6 and ive beaten a 2007 corvette by almost a car and a half with only a tune and intake. If your talking about the Z06 or ZR1 then you would most likely need a good supercharger or turbo with a good tune or go full bolt ons with a high shot of Nitrous. But then again i bet you theres gonna be a lot of discussions about this topic. Good luck be safe and enjoy that beast you have ! ๐Ÿ‘
mark_ash0426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:43 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Tyvm sir ! And yes do plan on starting from suspension up, keep them coming Z06 is the car in mind the ZR1 well ... Let's get the z06 first lol WTFO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2014, 01:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Tyvm sir ! And yes do plan on starting from suspension up, keep them coming Z06 is the car in mind the ZR1 well ... Let's get the z06 first lol WTFO

Theres actually a vid online of a 5.0 Turbo beating a ZR1 with some REALLY good shifting. Good vid ill see if i can post a link of it ๐Ÿ‘
Old 06-07-2014, 01:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yessir, that stang was stout, that's what I am looking to build. Just not sure if I should start throwing money towards whipple or pro chargers ext that's the advice I'm looking for.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:56 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yessir, that stang was stout, that's what I am looking to build. Just not sure if I should start throwing money towards whipple or pro chargers ext that's the advice I'm looking for.

Yeah i get you
Honestly theres pros and cons to each but in reality wether you go with a whipple, pro charger, or turbo you can get that good power out of all of them with a good build. Im no expert or mechanic but many times it all ends up being personal preference. For example for me i LOVE the sound of a whipple supercharger and to me 550 to 600 HP would be more than enough
Old 06-07-2014, 08:50 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Start out with all the supporting mods first while your researching the power mods. UCA, LCA, pan hard bar, shocks, struts, wheels and new rubber. 600 rwhp is great but won't beat anyone if you can't get it to the ground.
Big Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:19 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
You are going to be spending a good bit of cash to simply run door to door with a stock Z06.

The C6 Z06 is capable of 10.9's at 128 mph. 100% stock on the factory run flats.

The ZR1 is capable of 10.6 @ 133, again 100% stock on factory tires.

However, once they start modding their cars, even mildly, you are going to have a problem.

Consider the fastest slick/bolt on C6 Z06 ran a 9.97 @ 137. All it had was a clutch, 4.10's, ram air, ported throttle body, fast 102 intake and full exhaust.

Hell one of my clients has an 07 Z06 and he ran 10.7 @ 131 or 133 with just full exhaust, tune and DOT's. That's it.

A full bolt on 5.0 (Boss intake, full exhaust, CAI, tune) with slicks and a 150 shot should get you better times than a stock Z06 on the track. However, on the street, you will more than likely lose.

As mentioned, get your suspension first, as Mustangs aren't known for putting the power down effectively, considering the fastest a 100% stock 2013/14 GT500 has been is only 11.25 @ 128 and those typically dyno around 600 rwhp.

So, get suspension and then shoot for big power, over 650+ rwhp if you want to "BLOW the doors off the vette", even then, you best hope they are modded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_ash0426 View Post
As far as blowing the doors off a corvette depends which one what year etc. I have a 12 V6 and ive beaten a 2007 corvette by almost a car and a half with only a tune and intake.
I very much doubt this. Unless of course, the vette wasn't actually racing or it was driven by the worst driver on earth.

That vette, stock puts down over 100 rwhp and over 100 rwtq more than your Mustang with it's mods. While weighing at least 300 lbs lighter than your car. You have to realize how unlikely it is. Regardless, you beat the driver, not the car.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
You are going to be spending a good bit of cash to simply run door to door with a stock Z06.

The C6 Z06 is capable of 10.9's at 128 mph. 100% stock on the factory run flats.

The ZR1 is capable of 10.6 @ 133, again 100% stock on factory tires.

However, once they start modding their cars, even mildly, you are going to have a problem.

Consider the fastest slick/bolt on C6 Z06 ran a 9.97 @ 137. All it had was a clutch, 4.10's, ram air, ported throttle body, fast 102 intake and full exhaust.

Hell one of my clients has an 07 Z06 and he ran 10.7 @ 131 or 133 with just full exhaust, tune and DOT's. That's it.

A full bolt on 5.0 (Boss intake, full exhaust, CAI, tune) with slicks and a 150 shot should get you better times than a stock Z06 on the track. However, on the street, you will more than likely lose.

As mentioned, get your suspension first, as Mustangs aren't known for putting the power down effectively, considering the fastest a 100% stock 2013/14 GT500 has been is only 11.25 @ 128 and those typically dyno around 600 rwhp.

So, get suspension and then shoot for big power, over 650+ rwhp if you want to "BLOW the doors off the vette", even then, you best hope they are modded.

I very much doubt this. Unless of course, the vette wasn't actually racing or it was driven by the worst driver on earth.

That vette, stock puts down over 100 rwhp and over 100 rwtq more than your Mustang with it's mods. While weighing at least 300 lbs lighter than your car. You have to realize how unlikely it is. Regardless, you beat the driver, not the car.

Sorry it was an 03 vette
I guess it must have been the driver but never the less i beat it and yes he was racing because we stopped and talked about each others cars and he was pretty impressed what the new V6s could run
Old 06-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Hmm you have given me a lot to think about , mod for mod vette will win #dissapointing , buuuuut I don't bend over that Eaz I'll stay updated, I know this might get loads of mixed reviews but what is top of the line suspension company?

Tyvm Ish416

Old 06-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

^making order tonight or tomorrow could I go wrong with all Steeda or is there better?

Old 06-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Depends what kind of suspension you want, street only or track? Steeda is a good brand as are many others such as BMR if your looking for a total package. I'd contact both and tell them what your looking for and have them come up with a package for you then compare the two.
Big Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:04 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
You,might also want to think about mods that would also drop
your vehicle weight.Weight savings,will help out in many ways.
sprdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:58 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I am very happy with all of my Steeda products and highly recommend them. Check out their weight saving kits also as mentioned while u r at it.
Troy
Old 06-08-2014, 11:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
the 5.0 you guys are talking about beating the zr1 is my friends. at that time it was a single hellion 67mm at 6psi..( 547 at the tires ) he also got the jump.
and to beat a vet its harder than what you think. not that easy as most vettes are not stock, the ones that will actually run you that is. in Mexico back when my car was stock motor and a 150 shot, it was work(hard) to beat a c6 z06 with full exhaust, cam, fast and tune.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:08 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

lost a lot more to them back then then I won. they are light and put the power down and are just stupid fast with exhaust cam and tune. you will need 600 plus at the ground to do it.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

10-4 ^

Old 06-10-2014, 12:03 AM   #18

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
^making order tonight or tomorrow could I go wrong with all Steeda or is there better?

Enjoy the link. Watch the video to see what a good high dollar setup can do for these cars. Then check out what you need to spend for the kit. You might need to keep up those 72 hour work weeks for a little longer.
CorteX RacingHome | CorteX Racing
bullet3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:35 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

^That's what I've been looking for, Thx bullet3z

Old 06-10-2014, 05:49 AM   #20
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Careful with stories pertaining to any street racing themes. It will get the thread shut down. Keep the discussion to mods.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Old 06-10-2014, 07:42 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

So I went by the local speed shop and had a sit down with owner and told him what I had planned for the 5.0.

He said if it was auto he could have it in the 9s with nothing but bolt ons nitrous included, he said he could do the same to the manual tranny stang but he has yet to see a driver that can make the pull lol so within a couple weeks I'll at least have a set of long tube headers and full exhaust to wake her up a bit.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

He laughed when I threw the question by him about beating the Vettes, He said you'll have no trouble at all when I get done with it

Old 06-10-2014, 07:42 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

There is more than one 5.0 in the 9's with the Mt82. Just got to know how to bang gears and have the right setup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

And to beat vettes especially modded ones. Start planning on a built motor.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Built motor, not just internal work?

Old 06-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Beat the Vettes

Quote:
Built motor, not just internal work?

That's what I mean by built motor. Rods/pistons and billet oil gears

Old 06-10-2014, 08:41 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Yessir, just making sure I'm on same page

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT